• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What I Learned About Consensus From Dash’s Branding Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Mason

What I Learned About Consensus From Dash’s Branding Vote

logo-battle.jpg

Dash is presently in discussions surrounding a potential branding update, and as logos and colors hit a highly emotional spot in people’s minds, the debate has been vigorous. Watching it all unfold has taught me a lot about Dash and consensus, however, as I’ve seen the whole process go down in a way much different than we’ve noticed in the Bitcoin community, where there’s no way of obtaining an absolute vote to solve an issue.

Those who vote remain calm, at peace with either result

One thing I noticed among masternodes has been an odd sense of measured calm, even relating to a highly emotional and potentially controversial issue. Debate tends to include a higher degree of questions and information gathering than pure community discussions, and conclusions tend to indicate which way a particular masternode will vote, and why. Additionally, I’ve noticed an implied acknowledgement that their opinion alone doesn’t matter, with a “let’s see how the vote goes” attitude. Contrasting masternode debate with that of the general public, I’ve often noticed a night-and-day difference in the sense of responsibility and prudence.

Read more: https://www.dashforcenews.com/what-i-learned-about-consensus-from-dashs-branding-vote/

Where does this discussion take place? I would have expected here on this forum, but I can't find anything....
I'm interested in seeing peoples thoughts. (and stir up the already heated discussion, LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back