• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What does Ripple do that DASH cannot?

ScioMind

There has been a lot of hype around XRP lately, and how it is and will be used by banks. Couldn't banks use DASH for exactly the same thing, particularly with Instant Transactions?

Is there some good technical reason that XRP seems to be the choice of banks? Or is it just a matter of marketing and selling the idea of XRP to banks?

Finally, if DASH can do what XRP can do, then why not sell the idea of using DASH to the banks?

(Actually, why even use banks at all? LOL! But I am still interested in knowing why.)

Haha, yes. I do believe the time will come when banks, as we know them today, will cease to exist. "Be your own bank" is such a liberating and revolutionary idea, and yet so simple and natural.

But I am really asking about the technical capabilities of DASH vs Ripple. Is there really any advantage, from the perspective of the banks, as they exist today, to using Ripple over DASH for cross-border transfers? Is it perhaps a matter of transaction cost? I am just curious.

Using XRP as a payment bridge ... The Ripple XRP network is freely sold for fiat money or cryptocurrency. At the same time, Ripple is focused on payments and exchange transactions, rather than maintaining XRP as an alternative currency.

Back