• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What could Milo possibly mean?

No, the dollar doesn't fit in the context of the paragraph. Or if he does mean that, well then he must be misinformed, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, yah. He's quite the dandy. My husband is often shocked at the things he says, but otherwise likes him. When I saw his picture, I said, Oh, he is quite pretty! And he scolded me not to ever tell him that as he's already full of himself, :p

None of the competing cryptocurrencies have yet to overtake Bitcoin as the alpha-currency, which can be seen rocking its chunky blockchains as it dominates the online black markets. That’s for a variety of reasons, but mainly because people trust the individuals already running the nodes. As aforementioned, the people controlling the Bitcoin nodes have a proven history of immunity to takeovers, and that lets people know that their investments are at least semi-secure. With the other currencies, they are so volatile — and in some cases, so new — that most seem to still prefer Bitcoin. Personally, I go for the dollar.

In the current marketplace of currencies, this isn’t bound to change any time soon unless a competitor takes the bold step and allows for the unthinkable: insurance and regulation. The reason why so many consider Bitcoin to be dead, is after the series of infamous lootings and scandals involving Bitcoin exchanges, such as Japan’s Mt Gox — originally an online exchange meant for buying and selling Magic: The Gathering trading cards — people lost trust in the security of their funds.

I changed it so you can see how dollar fits in context. It works. What he's saying is "Hey, I'm reporting on crypto, but it still has big problems. Personally, I'm sticking with the dollar." Note that he goes on to talk about problems with crypto, the need for regulation, the Gox-scale disasters, etc.

(Also note that when he mentioned altcoins, he never even mentioned Dash. Definitely not that big of a fan if he doesn't even acknowledge our existence in his list of altcoins.)

Back