• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What can I do to help?

yidakee

Foundation Member
... is a question everyone should ask themselves when they wake up every morning :D

Just kidding.
Seriously now, I am no troll, but a very very active forum lover. But all to new to crypto's and don't want to become either a spammer or troll. But I'm starting to fear the crypto world. ASICs are smudging the promises made. Governments are rejoicing at the hidden the lack of annonymity (heck, as a non IT guy, I wet myself listening to Andreas A. speak about the virtues of anon. tx fee free global interaction). Now it all seems BS.

Though I do have a good degree of computer geekyness to fully understand what he really speaks of, I was trying to illustrate the general picture in the shoes of the general public. And since China is the big player, anyone who can add up why BTC became so strong, and the recent PBoC saga, will certainly see how DRK can downright squash LTC to the ground... (why did LTC get to nº2 in the first place? ...hhhmmm history repeats itself....)

So of course guys like me with 1 rig 5x GPU worth 11mh/s in X11 @ 650w @ 60ºC nearing summer, are itching to tell everyone about it. But should I be doing this? Us small miners are brothers-in-arms and must stick together. In this sense, damn... If X11 is in fact ASIC resistant and China catches on to it.... damn... X11 f'ing rocks for GPU rigs!

But a huge influx of hash-power can damage developers roadmap. Too much attention can hinder progression. Or am I wrong? Spread the word, or just tag along until darksend release? On one side, LTC community is already fiercely debating a hard-fork to new algorithm. Lee proposing Dodge merge mining. Side-chaining BTC seems like an alt.coin killer, but in the eyes of the population would be treated just like an alt.coin with an identity of its own. Zerocoin is proposing to be such side-chain.

Exciting times in the crypto world, yet I think Darkcoin is an elegant, solve-all coin, for the real issues in the real world.
What can I do to help?

Well actually I think that advertising Darkcoin is a good way to help, so that it is not seen as another scam coin.
Evan is doing a great job but we should support che marketing/communication activities if we can

Back