• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

'We're Doing the Planning That Takes Us to 1 Billion" - Ryan Taylor, Dash Director of Finance

How can Dash become a mainstream payment option? For that to happen ordinary people would need to hold significant amounts of it.
But most people wouldn't want a currency that can devalue 20% in a week, which all cryptos can.
So who would want to buy things with Dash?
Am I missing something?

So who would want to buy things with Dash?
Only people who want to pay the least and some who want it to be easy. Some who want to do it in private. Some who want the value of their holdings increase over time. Some want to have a say in the development of the coin. Pretty useless.

You're right. There are definitely reasons why someone like you or I would want to use a fast, private crypto coin, like Dash.
But in the above video and another I recently watched it seems like Dash wants to become mainstream, "Crypto coin your mother would use" - Amanda B JOhnson.
I don't think that its transaction cost savings are significant enough for retailers to be able to offer worthwhile discounts to entice regular people. Retailers don't normally offer significant cash discounts, where transaction fees are 0.
Regular people don't care about privacy, where it involves extra effort - e.g. PGP email encryption.
People don't want to buy something today if they think it will be cheaper tomorrow- Dash value increases could therefore decrease willingness to spend it.
Regular people don't care about having a say in coin dev.

I'm writing in this forum because I'm genuinely interested in Dash and their vision, but so far I'm not seeing how this coin can mainstream crypto payments.

Back