• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Weird thing happened when i pushed the spacebar

YBet

The other day i accidentally pressed the space bar while i was using Dash Core, and a transaction started.
Under transaction Type it said "Private Send Create Denominations",
the amount was 293 satoshis.

Is that the expected behaviour?

I have read the general Private Send intro page but i don't understand what is this Create Denomination process, and why it fired on space bar press.

It was just telling a masternode that i am starting a mixer session ? And i have to pay satoshis just to prepare for mixing, while the actual transaction is to be payed later?

I am still ignorant on PrivateSend, sorry

Thanks!

The other day i accidentally pressed the space bar while i was using Dash Core, and a transaction started.
Under transaction Type it said "Private Send Create Denominations",
the amount was 293 satoshis.

Is that the expected behaviour?

I have read the general Private Send intro page but i don't understand what is this Create Denomination process, and why it fired on space bar press.

It was just telling a masternode that i am starting a mixer session ? And i have to pay satoshis just to prepare for mixing, while the actual transaction is to be payed later?

I am still ignorant on PrivateSend, sorry

Thanks!

First, the space bar thing. Many (most?) applications treat a space bar press in the same way as a mouse click or Enter/Return key press. The `Start Mixing` button must have been the active screen element when you pressed the space bar.

Second, some mixing info...
Prior to mixing funds with other users, PrivateSend will create some transactions that split a portion of your wallet funds into the 4 denominations used by PrivateSend (10, 1, 0.1, and 0.01 Dash). This is so that when it actually starts mixing funds with others, everyone is submitting inputs that have exactly the same value.

A simple example (ignoring fees):
Assume your wallet balance was 10 Dash but it was in 2 different address - one containing 7 Dash and one containing 3 Dash.
Your wallet would create a transaction to combine them (7 + 3) and send it to itself. The result would be a single address in your wallet with a balance of 10 Dash.
Then, when it submitted your funds for mixing with other people, each person involved would submit funds from addresses containing exactly 10 Dash also. This is done to minimize any possibility of linking a specific input back to your wallet.

There are some fees involved with these transactions (just like any other transaction) even though the wallet is just sending funds back to itself. Here is an example on Testnet of one of these Create Denomination transactions - https://testnet-insight.dashevo.org...bb39a3330dfa7d32d9b96d5574fcee6f877bb755d291c. You can see that with the exception of the last one, the output was put into a bunch of addresses in PrivateSend denomination amounts (10, 1, and 0.1 in this case).

Thank you very much.

So i'm not risking to throw coins away for this, right?
The actual PrivateSend transaction has not been initiated yet, i've just split my coins to "denominations" which is only about preparing my funds for privatesend

Thank you very much.

So i'm not risking to throw coins away for this, right?
The actual PrivateSend transaction has not been initiated yet, i've just split my coins to "denominations" which is only about preparing my funds for privatesend
Yes, you got it right.

Check info button for more info about PS.

Back