• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

We need more million-dollar proposals

jimbursch

It takes an MNO the same amount of time/effort to evaluate a low-value proposal as it does a high-value proposal.

Frankly I think we are wasting MNO time and Dash by loading up the budget with a bunch of low-value proposals when we could be making some big swings with the budget.

We also need a few big proposals in the pipeline to make sure we use all the budget, and then only the highest voted/priority proposals get funded, as opposed to all those that meet the minimum vote.

High-value proposals need to be funded over many months (3 minimum) so that they can be cut off if they are not working out.

And MNOs need to be less timid about spending big money.

If we put big money on the table, then big serious players (professionals) will come into Dash.

I think we need more projects like dash global, dash force, projects where small amounts can be distributed without having to do a proposal. We dont need to go for the big projects just for the sake of it, we need to keep ressources for the grassroot developement also.

I just have this suspicion that once our marketing team gets the ball rolling, we will have the opportunity to shove money and information into a bunch of internet/social media venues.

There are a few problems.
1. It takes far more time to get to the proposal stage on a big project than many can withstand.
2. It costs $1500 to submit a proposal and there are no guarantees. Plus the risk of de-funding. Low feedback.
3. Often people will have to justify their fees for time, or just do it at volunteer rates.
4. Currency conversion and the risk of under-funding due to price drops is no fun.
5. Building reputation first is time consuming and you have to have another job to pay for things meanwhile.

The upside opportunity for most other ventures are much higher unless you luck out on appreciation of your dash. All these factors play into the quality of the people and proposals. The big proposals generally take a full time person so you also have to have a person willing to jump into this full time and the safety nets in place if it doesn't work out.

I'm surprised to see less proposals this month but we really don't have anything to gauge what things will look like in 9 days. There is always several proposals that pop up last minute.

1) Putting Dash on Coinbase and 2) integrating Dash with e-commerce platforms (Shopify, Volusion, BigCommerce) will yield more results than any other proposal.

#1 is so customers can buy it, #2 so they can spend it. I don't know why were are not just throwing money at it. Instead we're spending on conferences, flying dudes in Dash outfits around, MMA fighters and other irrelevant projects with doubtful ROI.

1) Putting Dash on Coinbase and 2) integrating Dash with e-commerce platforms (Shopify, Volusion, BigCommerce) will yield more results than any other proposal.

#1 is so customers can buy it, #2 so they can spend it. I don't know why were are not just throwing money at it. Instead we're spending on conferences, flying dudes in Dash outfits around, MMA fighters and other irrelevant projects with doubtful ROI.
I'm sure Ryan has spoken to coinbase'CEO. Getting Dash on Coinbase is not easy and I don't know how Masternodes can help with that. If it was only matter of money we would have seen a proposal already long time ago.

I'm sure Ryan has spoken to coinbase'CEO. Getting Dash on Coinbase is not easy and I don't know how Masternodes can help with that. If it was only matter of money we would have seen a proposal already long time ago.
Integration with BitPay, or the creation of "Kraken POS Division", seems much more likely.

The Kraken one being the most likely. Their attitude is much more reasonable. I could see an entire division of "Kraken POS" running DASH exclusively, staffed directly from the blockchain... They're the only ones with the ability and the right attitude. Already have a history or working together, that's how DASH got on Kraken to begin with... I wouldn't be surprised if this is already a plan in the works.

BitPay is pokerface about it. I haven't been able to get a read.

Coinbase is hardcore on "cryptonationalism." They laugh at silly ALTs without ever giving a look or any research. ETH bought it's way in.

Kraken can see this as an opportunity to hit a market that CoinBase is too arrogant to enter. Supplant their competitor.

Last edited:

Coinbase would help a lot. Until recently, Charlie Lee and Coinbase were pretty tight, and Charlie Lee hates Dash with a passion. Now that Charlie has moved on from Coinbase, there could be an opening. I have seen references to meetings. But prior to Charlie leaving, I don't think any amount of money would have accomplished the deal.

I have no knowledge of the progress on the e-commerce front, but again, as you noted, it could only help.

Big positive moves are coming to the Dash ecosystem!

Welcome aboard!

Is that a summary of what you surmised from this thread, or do you have other information suggesting specific Big positive moves? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

Integration with BitPay, or the creation of "Kraken POS Division", seems much more likely.

The Kraken one being the most likely. Their attitude is much more reasonable. I could see an entire division of "Kraken POS" running DASH exclusively, staffed directly from the blockchain... They're the only ones with the ability and the right attitude. Already have a history or working together, that's how DASH got on Kraken to begin with... I wouldn't be surprised if this is already a plan in the works.

BitPay is pokerface about it. I haven't been able to get a read.

Coinbase is hardcore on "cryptonationalism." They laugh at silly ALTs without ever giving a look or any research. ETH bought it's way in.

Kraken can see this as an opportunity to hit a market that CoinBase is too arrogant to enter. Supplant their competitor.
That's the reason That I am writing to core team I am Offering this opportunity with my company Mercury Cash but I need some of help. I don't want to call my company Coinbase competitor, but I am seeing a huge opportunity with what we built on US with our Legalframewok and what can Dash do with us, you can boost us and we can boost you.

Back