• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

We need a sponsorship analytic tool

Willy Woo

Hey guys, if we are going to sponsor ongoing podcasts and webcasts with decent money, like the $2.2k proposal for the CryptoShow, we really need to see some metrics on each sponsorship's effectiveness.

Nearly all major mainstream podcast sponsors do giveaway coupons or a special URL so they can at least get some sort of data on the effectiveness of the sponsorship.

If we can get the metrics on $ spent per user visit, and then the conversion to active Dash user, then we'll have a data driven capability to make smarter future media/marketing decisions.

I invite ideas on building such a tool.

For example:
1) Build a free Dash giveaway faucet on a special URL per sponsorship (e.g. dash.org/cryptoshow).
2) Using blockchain analysis, track the txs to see if the user becomes active down the track. If the faucet sends to an existing wallet holding Dash, then we know (1) was not a new user visit.

These combined would give us (a) sponsorship $ paid visit (b) conversion to active Dash user.

I'd just close by saying marketing is one of the 4 areas of focus and spending for the 2016 roadmap. We have a $1.5m annual budget, so splashing out for a tool to make those dollars count seems important.

I'm not in the position to build such a tool, but wanted to seed this idea to discuss and maybe hire people to build it.

2) Using blockchain analysis, track the txs to see if the user becomes active down the track. If the faucet sends to an existing wallet holding Dash, then we know (1) was not a new user visit.

And if the faucet sends to a new wallet holding dash, then we know that maybe he is a new user or an old user who created a new wallet.
So we know that he was either a new or an old dash user. So we know nothing.

Last edited:
And if the faucet sends to a new wallet holding dash, then we know that maybe he is a new user or an old user who created a new wallet.
So we know that he was either a new or an old dash user. So we know nothing.

Lets accept there's a % of old users gaming it to get free Dash. The analytics between sponsorship would all have a little noise, but the data when compared to each sponsorship deal would contain a useful signal on which shows are more effective.

Relative data is useful even if the absolutes at slightly out.

In answer to your scenario - typically faucets dispense pennies or milli-pennies, so old Dash owners aren't really incentivised.

But I do invite solutions to tracking, this is just a starter suggestion, there's probably a better way.

Back