• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Watchdog_Expired Error

...that your watchdog expired. In addition to the masternode itself you have to run a watchdog, called "Sentinel". https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel
Sentinel is no daemon running in the background, thus it is intended to be run periodically - every minute is recommended (I think I run it every 3-5 Minutes). You will need to set up a scheduled job by using cron (on Linux) or the task scheduler (on Windows) or similar.

Currently upgrading to 12.2.. when I send the command venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py I get back dashd not synced with network! Awaiting full sync before running sentinel

It's been a while now.. how long does it usually take?

Currently upgrading to 12.2.. when I send the command venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py I get back dashd not synced with network! Awaiting full sync before running sentinel

It's been a while now.. how long does it usually take?
First 12.2 sync can take a while because it re-downloads all additional data like historical mn payments and proposals and re-verifies them. On a recommended hardware this can take up to 20-30 minutes.

Back