• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Watch our very 1st demo on how to create a username with DashPay here:

I am not sure what this is? It looks like an Artist's rendition, is that correct? If it is a beta app or even alpha app, where is the APK so I can install it to my phone and try it on Evonet. I am not really interested in software that doesn't even exist. I hope I am wrong and somewhere there is code that does all that in the demo. Also, I asked this same question on the sub reddit and have not got a reply that addresses the issue raised.

I understand why one needs to pay for an account, but I also see that as friction and barrier to entry. Noobs won't register for an account, so it seems to mostly appeal to people that already have DASH which is not my grandma.

The devs could have thought out of the box to avoid spam, eg by making creating an account computationally complex, thus putting a rate limit on spam, they could have also given a grace period of say 1 week to fund the account after creation or else it would autodelete. I am sorry to sound like a negative nancy here, but this IMO is a non-starter.

I am hoping for some answer that includes a fix for the above blocker.

My thoughts : this is the demo that devs where talking about before : a demo which incorporates a GUI around the DashPay code, so people can see how this will look like if they were to use it. I consider it a teaser, more then anything else.
I think we (users & app devs) are all waiting for the Dashpay data contract to get registered on Evonet.

akKYmIa.jpg

Maybe one of the devs can give some clarity on when that DashPay data contract gets registered on Evonet, are we talking weeks or months ?
With regards to the fees, i don't mind paying a little amount of Dash to get my name registered. Also note that the Platform fees will form an additional revenue stream for masternode owners
and act as a deterrent against spam and against overloading the network (the Platform fees increase when transactions increase in size (kb).

I do wonder if 0.01 Dash / $0.71 is perhaps a little too much for data storage fees and how these fees will hold up during a rapid increase in Dash FIAT valuation (during bull markets for example).
Would users still be willing to pay that 0.01 Dash, if it would cost them $1,50 (x2 increase) or $2 (x3 increase) ?

Last edited:
@xkcd The code is very much written, and you can pull the project here and build it yourself : https://github.com/dashevo/dashwallet-ios
The branch that you need is dashpay and is here : https://github.com/dashevo/dashwallet-ios/tree/dashpay
It currently does not connect to Evonet though but instead connects to our own internal mobile team devnet. Currently evonet and mobile team devnet are on a different release of platform, we are upgrading our internal library to the latest release of platform this week, at which point we can also connect to evonet.
The library it is based on is here: https://github.com/dashevo/dashsync-iOS/tree/develop

In terms of paying to open an account, yes we also thought of that. Computation complexity doesn't work well when many of our users have old phones. Instead we devised an invitation system instead, where people invite their friends or contacts and attach an open account that the friend can then claim. This makes it so you aren't sending Dash that an attacker can steal. This might not be a perfect solution but it should be good enough for our initial release and then we can move on from there.

@qwizzie, The contract has been ready for a while (it's been registered for months on internal devnets), the issue was that I wanted to provide a document explaining rationale and how to use it. I've been swamped though, but I'll try though to register it this week and provide a draft of said document.

As for fees, we have the idea of a multiplier system controlled by the Masternode network so that network wide fees would retarget (most likely monthly) based on the Dash price. However I am not sure this will make the MVP cut.

As for fees, we have the idea of a multiplier system controlled by the Masternode network so that network wide fees would retarget (most likely monthly) based on the Dash price. However I am not sure this will make the MVP cut.

Am i correct in assuming there is a separate paper in the pipeline, explaining how the Platform fees model works exactly ? If yes, any ETA on that ?

@qwizzie Sadly everything takes time, especially hard things like that. Right now the focus is getting the platform out with more features, stability and security so that external devs have more and more things to use that will eventually resemble our MVP. While I'm sure a paper on fees will come out, I must warn you that I'd be surprised if it did in the next 4 months.

Back