• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Was I just kicked and banned from slack ?

somehow im not able to log into dashnation slack anymore, not shure why that happened maybe @TaoOfSatoshi @TroyDASH or @mastermined can explain to me why this is

Hi @Icebucket -- yes you were warned and then kicked due to what we felt was a breach of the slack rules. I recognize that you have been in slack for a while and have been a good contributor - just please be aware we are only trying to apply the rules equally to everyone, and are doing our best. If you want to talk about this more, feel free to DM @tao and myself here on the forum we can talk about it together with the other mods. Otherwise, please check back in a couple days and you will be able to log back in, this is not permanent.

Thanks for your response @TroyDASH
but I didnt get any warning in PM at least and I already dropped the subject before the kick :/

This feels like a censorship thing as I was critical of a proposal that is going to be accepted within a few days and this excludes me from having my point heard before the proposal is accepted/denied

there was no profanity involved or anything that I can see that would be a violation of the rules.

Can you tell me exactly what rule you are refereeing to ?

Last edited:
Thanks for your response @TroyDASH
but I didnt get any warning in PM at least and I already dropped the subject before the kick :/

This feels like a censorship thing as I was critical of a proposal that is going to be accepted within a few days and this excludes me from having my point heard before the proposal is accepted/denied

there was no profanity involved or anything that I can see that would be a violation of the rules.

Can you tell me exactly what rule you are refereeing to ?

Passing speculation as fact -- specifically, that rgenito owned 6 masternodes and was paying himself salary from the MN rewards. The warning was in the public channel (same conversation). Do you think we should always do PM warnings first? Open to ideas how to improve, this is still very new

Would recommend posting to dashcentral and/or his proposal thread to continue hashing out your thoughts (since more people will probably see it there anyway)

Can you do me a favor and post a screenshot of that warning. cant believe i missed that.
You see I cant log in to check for myself :/

Can you do me a favor and post a screenshot of that warning. cant believe i missed that.
You see I cant log in to check for myself :/

Sure --
slack01.png

Also, normally you can get the public chat logs (even past the 10000 message limit) at http://dashnation.slackarchive.io -- but the service seems to be having a problem today so as of right now it's only updated through yesterday

didnt know thedesertlynx was part of the mods, and I was referring to Evan paying himself salary from his Mns not rgenito

Evan does not get funds from the core proposal so that is not cray to assume that he funds himself by the Mn payouts? This had nothing to do with rgenito

I was just answering his rhetorical question

Last edited:
didnt know thedesertlynx was part of the mods, and I was referring to Evan paying himself salary from his Mns not rgenito

Evan does not get funds from the core proposal so that is not cray to assume that he funds himself by the Mn payouts? This had nothing to do with rgenito

I was just answering his retorical question

My misunderstanding on the mn salary then. I'll ping the other mods & of course grand master Tao if anyone else wants to comment. Been talking about it a little but want to make sure we're all on the same page

Hi, @Icebucket. Unfortunately I was not around for this incident, and the comments that led to the temp ban have been deleted. The backup to dashnation.slackarchive.io is having issues at the moment, but I have to defer to the good judgement of my moderation team. If they felt you were in violation of the rules, than their decision is understandable. Please understand that this is a temporary ban, meaning you will be reinstated after 48 hours.

If you feel you were treated unfairly, or maybe there was a better way this could have been handled, feel free to drop us a line when you come back.

Hi, @Icebucket. Unfortunately I was not around for this incident, and the comments that led to the temp ban have been deleted. The backup to dashnation.slackarchive.io is having issues at the moment, but I have to defer to the good judgement of my moderation team. If they felt you were in violation of the rules, than their decision is understandable. Please understand that this is a temporary ban, meaning you will be reinstated after 48 hours.

If you feel you were treated unfairly, or maybe there was a better way this could have been handled, feel free to drop us a line when you come back.

Now that I know who kicked me im not suppriced as he was on the opposite side of my argument and used his mod "powers" to silence me and delete the evidence.

Good job
I have been a member of this community longer than most people, in fact I have been here so long that I used to have a core-member badge here on the forum. And now some shithead that joined 6 months ago bans me, becours he didnt like my input.. Im kindof pissed off.

Last edited:
Now that I know who kicked me im not suppriced as he was on the opposite side of my argument and used his mod "powers" to silence me and delete the evidence.

Good job
I have been a member of this community longer than most people, in fact I have been here so long that I used to have a core-member badge here on the forum. And now some shithead that joined 6 months ago bans me, becours he didnt like my input.. Im kindof pissed off.

This is literally the first time we have had an issue with the slackarchive service -- even deleted messages are retained at http://dashnation.slackarchive.io and can be reviewed by everyone, so it could not have been anyone's intention to hide evidence. It's unfortunate that we are not able to review the whole thing in this instance though.

Although I was not the person that kicked you, in my personal opinion the action that was taken was not unreasonable, because it seemed to me like you were being overly aggressive with rgenito in a way that was not constructive, especially pressing him on what he did with the Dash paid out from the previous project. Regardless, this is not a black and white issue. It would be best if we move on from this and not hold grudges. Tao invited you to chat after your account is enabled tomorrow, if you want to pursue the issue further I'd recommend taking him up on that.

In response to your feedback and this scenario, we will look into making the list of moderators, and the slack rules, more readily available.

I have been a member of this community longer than most people, in fact I have been here so long that I used to have a core-member badge here on the forum.

Well, that's fair enough then... The rules clearly don't apply to you in that case... :rolleyes:

I was in the slack during this incident and I read everything. The sooner you admit that you were being a bit of a knob, the better. There's no shame in it, we all get over excited, and we all make mistakes, that's life :) Continuing to try and defend your behaviour on here is just making it worse, and projects an air of self-righteousness. Just suck it up and you'll get your access back in a day or so, as per the rules. No point losing your shit over it and cutting your nose off to spite your face...

You're a valued member of the community and very well thought of by all accounts. There's no need for a one off incident to ruin things, hope to see you back in slack and contributing in a positive way going forwards. :)

Walter

Last edited:
Shure @Walter Ok I admit that I was calling him out on his money grabbing attempt, that might be looked as being a knob. already having a 6000dash ( 505.599$ in todays value ) proposal accepted. Now he wants a funding for something he has not discussed with core or has any tangible proof of any kind of commitment from the other 4 wallets. Made his pre-proposal 7 hours before posting the proposal, had a concerning comment from the both Ryan and Daniel about his proposal.

Shure im the asshole here.

Im just amazed that im the only one that sees this for what it is.

He has been told that this will be obsolete when evolution rolls out. Does not seem to matter as this will directly benefit his company.. He is leveraging the thought that the budget wont be fully used, so lets just throw all of the budget at something that has some glimmer attached to it.

This might be speculation, but logic is a good thing to use once in a while

Icebucket

Last edited:
Back