• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

walletnotify and instantX

rentahash

Hi guys,

Rux and me are trying to solve last piece of the puzzle with walletnotify php script and InstantX.

So we finally have made script working, but noticed that when using instantX for transactions, walletnotify is not showing 5 confirmations locked by the MNs.

Is there an easy way to overcome this issue, any help would be vital for us and for the whole community because InstantX will be widely spread in the future and this will be part of normal notifications.

UdjinM6 hope you have a solution as always :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rux
Hi guys,

Rux and me are trying to solve last piece of the puzzle with walletnotify php script and InstantX.

So we finally have made script working, but noticed that when using instantX for transactions, walletnotify is not showing 5 confirmations locked by the MNs.

Is there an easy way to overcome this issue, any help would be vital for us and for the whole community because InstantX will be widely spread in the future and this will be part of normal notifications.

UdjinM6 hope you have a solution as always :)

Again, I say, the instantX is faulty, hopefully the new version 12 will sort this, I have full confidence that the Devs can sort this out :smile:

Again, I say, the instantX is faulty, hopefully the new version 12 will sort this, I have full confidence that the Devs can sort this out :smile:

Yeah it is actually essential to finalize the whole process of instantX for production environment, as imagine a merchant who has to go in a wallet every time to check if it is an instantX or normal transaction.

Simple as if you are building a shop and sell digital products, your client wants to download immediately after instantX is broadcasted.
But as your software eshop will be seeing received instantX same as it is normal tx... he must wait for POW confirmation same as it is normal tx .
This is really something which devs should sort it out with the highest priority as we all want to promote instantX and to have mass adoption of DASH.

I believe this is not a challenge for devs, as wallet has all the info needed, they just need to add that info to be passed to walletnotify.

Also blockchain explorer is not showing locked MNs confirmation, but that is acceptable for now (maybe there will not be a need for it).

Yeah it is actually essential to finalize the whole process of instantX for production environment, as imagine a merchant who has to go in a wallet every time to check if it is an instantX or normal transaction.

Simple as if you are building a shop and sell digital products, your client wants to download immediately after instantX is broadcasted.
But as your software eshop will be seeing received instantX same as it is normal tx... he must wait for POW confirmation same as it is normal tx .
This is really something which devs should sort it out with the highest priority as we all want to promote instantX and to have mass adoption of DASH.

I believe this is not a challenge for devs, as wallet has all the info needed, they just need to add that info to be passed to walletnotify.

Also blockchain explorer is not showing locked MNs confirmation, but that is acceptable for now (maybe there will not be a need for it).

To be fair, they work hard and can only do so much, version 12 has many new features and has not even been tested on mainnet yet, so although
I agree before main stream can use this, it must be almost error free, but we are not there yet and there is still much work to do.
And I would add that bitcoin is also not there yet, so its not like anyone is really behind because none of this has ever been done before !

Back