• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Wallet Address - Dash Pool Mining

shenanigans

Hey, I've flipped through some searches on this forum but didn't run across the answer to this potentially stupid question. I'm new to Dash mining, and I've configured ccminer (running nvidia gpu), but I'm not sure about the wallet address.

Can I direct x11 mining to a bitcoin wallet address, or do I need a dash wallet address? I'm not entirely certain if I need a dash wallet, or if the equivalent bitcoin value will be deposited to my bitcoin wallet. I'm asking in general, and specifically I'm looking at pools like zpool, suprnova, and nicehash. But also, depending on a test period, I may also invest in hardware for solo mining.

Mining X11 on gpu is not profitable, there is a mine on ASIC devices.

Of course, You must mine DASH (x11) to dash address, that must be in software wallet on your PC or online wallet of any cryptocurrency exchange that support dash.

Mining X11 on gpu is not profitable, there is a mine on ASIC devices.

Of course, You must mine DASH (x11) to dash address, that must be in software wallet on your PC or online wallet of any cryptocurrency exchange that support dash.

What wallet do you use for depositing your mining earnings? I just realized that the jaxx wallet doesn't recommend it. I use the Exodus wallet, but would like to use a separate address / wallet for another mine that's mining another pool to compare earnings.

Do you recommend the Dash Core wallet (full node)? Are there other ones recommended?

Do you have to keep the full node wallet open (online at all times) in order to get the payout? What if it's not open all the time or when a payment is sent to the wallet?

Your wallet doesn't hold any coins, it holds the address, private key and public key.

Your wallet downloads the block chain and scans it for transactions sent to you and what you have spent. The wallet is a ledger statement showing what you have as a balance

edit: wrong word used

Last edited:
Your wallet doesn't hold any keys, it holds the address, private key and public key.

Your wallet downloads the block chain and scans it for transactions sent to you and what you have spent. The wallet is a ledger statement showing what you have as a balance
Great answer. Thank you.

On an unrelated note, I've been mining on a p2pool, with disappointing results. In 24 hours, I've mined barely 0.083 Dash with about 1GH/s. Whereas in an MPOS (in this case, coinmine.pl), I normally mine 0.3 Dash in 24 ~36 hours.

The p2pool is the one with the lowest ping. But now that I notice, it has an efficiency of 70% and a Hash rate of 1.44 GH/s. So basically I'm responsable for ~75% or the total hash rate.

Why am I getting such crappy results? Which parameters should I be most concerned about when evaluating profitability?

Great answer. Thank you.

On an unrelated note, I've been mining on a p2pool, with disappointing results. In 24 hours, I've mined barely 0.083 Dash with about 1GH/s. Whereas in an MPOS (in this case, coinmine.pl), I normally mine 0.3 Dash in 24 ~36 hours.

The p2pool is the one with the lowest ping. But now that I notice, it has an efficiency of 70% and a Hash rate of 1.44 GH/s. So basically I'm responsable for ~75% or the total hash rate.

Why am I getting such crappy results? Which parameters should I be most concerned about when evaluating profitability?
Most mining pools are scams. I would recommend investing in a Master Node share with @splawik21. Consistent returns with an increasing Dash price.

Great answer. Thank you.

You need to let it run for at least 72 hours I found to get your true balance. Also you'll find you still receive payouts after your miner stops but you still have valid shares with the P2Pool node. I found on average I was getting .15 - .18 a day with P2Pool consistently with 600mh/s. Ive switched to Nicehash to tack advantage of all the multi algo capabilities of my baikals.

Most mining pools are scams. I would recommend investing in a Master Node share with @splawik21. Consistent returns with an increasing Dash price.
I have already invested in a MasterNode share. It's really great that you get passive income through Dash that way. The biggest challenge is, you'll break even in ~11 years... So I'm really looking for something with a higher return. Here are my numbers, in case you're wondering:

I paid 25 Dash and have been earning an average of ~0.178 Dash / month. To get 25 Dash, I'd need 25/0.178 = 139 months ~ 11.65 years

You need to let it run for at least 72 hours I found to get your true balance. Also you'll find you still receive payouts after your miner stops but you still have valid shares with the P2Pool node. I found on average I was getting .15 - .18 a day with P2Pool consistently with 600mh/s. Ive switched to Nicehash to tack advantage of all the multi algo capabilities of my baikals.

Thanks for the info. And you're right, I pointed the p2pool miner to another wallet, but still getting some payouts in my first wallet. If you're making 0.15 ~0.18 per day with 600MH/s, simple math would tell me I'd get 0.225 ~ 0.27 per day with my 900MH/s, which is actually quite similar to what I'm making in coinmine.pl. I'll give it a few more days in mining there and check.

I guess the only complaint I have is I can't really set an automatic payout threshold a la coinmine.pl, so I don't get all of these micropayments. I'd rather have them queue up to about 0.3 Dash, which comes normally once a day. Makes the math of profitability per month way easier.

Since miningpoolhub was down a bit yesterday due to DDOS attacks, I tried smaller pools (e.g. p2pool with a nice ping under 100ms), but the main problem there the pools are way too small, the reject rate goes through the roof and I was losing basically 14% of the mining power due to that. I rather pay the 0.9% fee at miningpoolhub and reach almost 100% of my hashpower. If that fails I fallback to suprnova and other non-x11 mining, which works good, but I had mixed results.

With 1Gh you should get around 0.3 dash at the moment (actually more like 0.4 dash at the moment with difficulty around 100k, but that will go down to 0.2 dash/day per GH if the difficulty goes back to 150-180k). Even though the total global hashrate has increased to around 3.5gh, it seems to hover around those numbers for a month now, which is nice as the Dash price keeps increasing.

Thanks a lot, @LostInSpace . Really helpful numbers. I see a big difference, as (I believe mainly) due to my geographical location, the shortest ping is 300 ~ 400 ms... I guess that could be hurting me a lot. What do you recommend me in that case? Can I create a p2pool myself? Is that helpful, or does it even make sense?

Why would the pool being too small translate to high reject rates?

The ping is not really that important, if it is below 500ms it should be still fine, faster ping just helps you to get new commands faster and to react to any issues (pool down, etc.)

What is important in any kind of pool is its size. If you are on your own, you don't need a pool and can try your own luck. Luck is the important factor here, if you find a block you will get the full reward (1.8dash, actually 4 dash, but you get 45% when mining). However you could run for a long time and be very unlucky and find no blocks. Also, especially with bad ping and others (big pools) mining the same, they will be done much faster than you and the block is found and completed and you are still calculating it. Then it gets rejected and you start over. The smaller you or your pool are the worse this gets. Since x11 mining is relatively small (as compared to btc mining, which is done by a lot more people or gpu mining), any decent size pool with 100gh or more will give you pretty much 100% accepts and 0% rejects. For a smaller pool with 10gh I have seen like 10% rejects, for 1gh it jumps up and down from 5 to 20% rejects, not recommended.

For more details please read up on this yourself, I only know the basics:
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/q...ce-between-a-private-pool-or-solo-mining?rq=1
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321447.0

Back