• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

VULTR coupons - cheapest way to host your masternodes all over the world

weirdgod

Foundation Member
Just in case you did not notice - my favourite cloud VPS provider VULTR has a promotion, giving away $20 BONUS (no credit card required) to new accounts. At $5 per server/month this means 4 free months of hosting!

If you dont know VULTR yet, I suggest you give it a try (and I will be thankful if you use my affiliate link here to do it; or continue directly here).

I can suggest my guide on setting up a masternode (on Vultr) to get you started.

I use Vultr for last 6 months, and I am really in love with it - its just perfect. So if you have any questions, fire away.

cheers,
W

Seems this code has quit working. "Cannot add code: Gift code has expired." Tried a few others from searching the web, but none of those seem to work either. Does anyone know of any codes that work as of today? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It should still work for NEW accounts.
My account is new, but I went ahead and deposited some BTC and started testing because I couldn't find any codes that work. Tried to use your code again today and now I'm seeing "Gift code is only valid for newly funded accounts." :sad:

Edit: VULTR support confirmed this code has expired. They say to keep an eye on their Twitter feed for new promotional codes (@TheVultr).

Oh bummer.
Thank you for feedback anyhow.
Lets keep this thread open for sharing NEW VULTR promo codes that DO WORK.

Oh, BTW - if you use bitcoin deposit, VULTR promises to give you $5 of extra credit automatically (first btc deposit only). I am interested- did you get that bonus?

thanks,
W

Oh bummer.
Thank you for feedback anyhow.
Lets keep this thread open for sharing NEW VULTR promo codes that DO WORK.

Oh, BTW - if you use bitcoin deposit, VULTR promises to give you $5 of extra credit automatically (first btc deposit only). I am interested- did you get that bonus?

thanks,
W

Just tried paying an invoice with BTC. Will report back if it adds a bonus. Assuming this isn't just for new customers.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is switching to a non-vultr host. I've given up on MNs for the time being, they absolutely will not stay on "masternode list" for more than a few minutes, have to constantly restart them, never, ever get a payment.

It's either vultr, or MNs just plain do not work. Pretty sure that 800+ count means MNs do work, so it has to be vultr. Vultr may be cheap, but not a thing has ever worked that I've tried to use them for. This now includes MNs. Just plain don't work.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is switching to a non-vultr host. I've given up on MNs for the time being, they absolutely will not stay on "masternode list" for more than a few minutes, have to constantly restart them, never, ever get a payment.

It's either vultr, or MNs just plain do not work. Pretty sure that 800+ count means MNs do work, so it has to be vultr. Vultr may be cheap, but not a thing has ever worked that I've tried to use them for. This now includes MNs. Just plain don't work.
Camosoul, have you tried flare's service?

Camosoul, have you tried flare's service?

He knows about Flares service
He also knows that I'll Escrow if he does want to mess with it

He has options :)

off ta work.......

Changed my mind - Not going to work today

Just gonna MasterNode all day
Make sure all client accounts are in order :) and what not

:-D My BEST client holds 2.5 MN's :-D

I'm not interested in MN Welfare. I want to sort the double standard.

Why is it that I can clone the process, and it doesn't work, but everyone else's does work, even though nothing is different... When I can answer that question, I can have MNs. For now, the only thing I can figure is that Vultr has crap for network comms. MNs just stop moving data within moments of being started, and then disappear. Tried it with and without any firewall, with and without fail2ban. Makes no difference. They just instantly stop comms and disappear. Started over from scratch 4 times. That's a real pain with this many MNs...

Work sucks! Quit doin' that crap! Best thing I ever did for myself!

Problem could be related to rash of recent updates... Will try again, but with only 2 nodes instead of the whole lot of them...

I give up on MNs. They just don't work. Preparing dump since holding the coins doesn't do me anything.

NEW CYBER MONDAY COUPONS FOR VULTR (so act quickly!!!)

for all customers (existing & new): coupon code MATCH25 will match a deposit of up to $25. Deposit $25, then use this coupon and your balance will be boosted for $25.

for new customers only: coupon code 20FOR30
Vultr will add $20 to new accounts (on top of the $5 they give away to every account) when this code is used. The $20 Expires in 30 days but gives you a great way to test drive vultr's service. Dont forget to sign thru my affiliate link to obtain that really great feeling of accomplishment :) and thank you! :D

Here are the details: https://www.vultr.com/news/51/Cyber-Monday-Specials

Just wanted to officially say, that if you are advanced user with more than few masternodes and knowledge of linux, that in this case you might find way cheaper VPS hosters out there. Best way to start searching for deals are two sites: http://lowendbox.com/ and http://www.lowendtalk.com ... With no effort at all, you will manage to find VPS hosters (with 512MB+ of ram, 10GB hdd space...) for $5-15/year!!! Making this 5-10x more effective as Vultr....

If you are beginner however, Vultr still has the best support, and nicest user interface...

Back