• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Voice chat for Dashers

DynhoJ

Hello everyone,

I would like to request a offcial Dash voice chat with rooms, so we could discuss projects , people can discuss and learn more about, and for the community to speed up communications overall I would like to get exponencially more evolved with Dash but i Find it hard to do using only forums...

Best Regards
Can't wait for proposals

Interesting point, can't say I'd be much into it but I can see the appeal and there are lots of platform options. @tungfa is the main man for that kind of thing, are there any platforms you use or could recommend?

Kind of off-topic but platforms like teamspeak and mumble are fairly common in trading and I'm kind of surprised no exchanges have integrated them. Maybe it's because they tend to get used for market collusion but trying to prevent collusion is burying their head it the sand, completely unrealistic in this day and age. Better to make the same kind of advanced tools available to all than just have better equipped groups exploit other market participants by taking advantage of them.

EDIT: There was a proposal for a kind of Dash help desk recently, voice chat might be useful to that too.

Honestly i thik Dash needs voice for people to discuss more complex demanding topics, also many users dont have the patience to read all past treads etc.(like me) and wouold rather talk to someoe who has xP, also it would bring the community closer, hell I want to talk with a lot of you and I can't seem to have motivation to do so, I like hearing people it helps me construct the images I need to visualize ideas and sometimes this is very hard with plain text and real time q&a is required , also I would really like to Work on Dash I'd like to make this project come true and my vision of Dash resides in Europe mostly, i think t's the most left out market in the crypto amd I think once Dash wins European market there would be no stopping it. Im from Portugal and I really really really want to bring Dash to my country. We got lots of erasmus, european best tourist spot for 6 years in a row. So much necessity in this country for something like this I mean even the economy Nobel said Portugal either leaves the E.U or is bust so I dont need any more Signals I need you, to help me, help you :D so give me the knowledge I need to move this project onward I got contacts I need to start things up but I need to understand Dash and where to implement it first im thinking university's, most ersmus students pay 3.5 euros to wtdraw money while staying here and most times end up having to open bank account this could easily change and this would be inflamatory

Very true, I'm in Ireland and it's not much better off than Portugal. The writing is on the wall and I think anyone who hasn't seen it and doesn't realised we're headed for interesting times is walking around with their eyes shut. As far as I know one of Dashes biggest meetups is in Portugal and the Portugese section of the forum here seems quite popular:
https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/português-portuguese.33/

Voice chat can be tricky, I know from experience that it can be very difficult to get anyone to subscribe to it but if you're in groups that are already comfortable with it then it could work very well :)

Last edited:
Wonderfull reply but im sorry to tell you that is mostly Brazillian not portuguese that should be corrected :p but also that is simply some translations of relative irrelevant threads, and mostly brazilian im not saying that translating job is not welcome or important im saying we need teams country by country to take care of 1. legislation 2. marketing and implementation. Are we moving foward or staying stagnant... I think Dash seriously needs to start working more like a company and less like a crypto invest in the correct places and like everything with work will thrive. cryptos are focsuing to much on tech to less on people and above all LEgislation I mean the lawyers are working for 3 months and still no memo and that memo can't be shown because laws... we need to start wroking as an entity so things get done. if we dont push our recognition no one will do it for us and I think if this is a company it should have a phone line so people can q&a it the relevant work is not being done...

I think if you join the dash channel on Slack you would get closer to the conversation with core members. But I totally understand what you're saying about communicating verbally. I'm the opposite. Right now I'm talking into my phone because I hate trying to type on that tiny keyboard, and my problem is that I have terrible verbal skills. So here I talk on the phone with great difficulty where as if I were at home and had my keyboard, the thoughts flow right out of my fingers.

Anyway I mostly am posting to let you know that your thoughts on how Dash should be run is exactly the way the core team thinks it should be run. One of the problems we've been having are growing pains. With a decentralized project like Dash, communication is Paramount. But as the project gets larger it becomes more difficult to communicate. If the message is not cohesive you get a lot of friction in the community. And to keep message as cohesive as possible, it takes effort and organisation. So the the core team gives us monthly updates where they try to cover everything. This isn't as immediate as most of the community is used to. However, it's the most efficient way to keep everybody updated.

But what I would suggest for you is to contact Ryan (babygiraffe) on the dash Nation Slack and explain what your ideas are or what your needs are and ask him if he has a moment for a phone chat or whatever. I know they're using a lot of tools like Skype or whatever tool you like he'll probably just downloaded and join you. If what you need to know is more general, sigh, yes, writing on slack is going to be the best way to communicate unfortunately☹️.

Note that a lot of outreach to merchants and users is on hold until Evolution is working. I think right now we need to build up the market cap so that Dash can become liquid enough to handle future transactions. So currently, the best place to focus efforts is on investors. Though the world desperately needs Dash, we're not ready for prime time yet. Starting a mass user adoption campaign now would be a waste of resources, and at worst, will blow our one chance to impress future users with Dashes great interface. It becomes exponentially harder to get people to try a product a second time when their first experience was negative!

Last edited:
Thanks, I've finally joined it so I'll see what that brings :D once again appreciated the push

Interesting point, can't say I'd be much into it but I can see the appeal and there are lots of platform options. @tungfa is the main man for that kind of thing, are there any platforms you use or could recommend?

Kind of off-topic but platforms like teamspeak and mumble are fairly common in trading and I'm kind of surprised no exchanges have integrated them. Maybe it's because they tend to get used for market collusion but trying to prevent collusion is burying their head it the sand, completely unrealistic in this day and age. Better to make the same kind of advanced tools available to all than just have better equipped groups exploit other market participants by taking advantage of them.

EDIT: There was a proposal for a kind of Dash help desk recently, voice chat might be useful to that too.

tx for the ping
not really sure tbh

i would say anybody can organise a google hangout or something if he likes and wants to
to have an official open line or something i do not see . the community is spread across all time zones and obviously it has to ben organised to get most people on (if they wanted to)
we have endless slacks and chats and forums and whatnot , i do not believe we need more pages these days - but that is just me ;)

Back