• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Voat v Reddit

B

buster

So I go the ball rolling at voat.co/v/dash - wanted to grab it before some other group did. I did some stylesheet editing and will do more a little later. If anyone wants to help me run this give me a pm, or if the team wants to officially take it over let me know. I've submitted some links join me if you have a voat account. Voat is like reddit, bitcoin has their own subverse so I thought we should as well.

https://voat.co/v/Dash

So I go the ball rolling at voat.co/v/dash - wanted to grab it before some other group did. I did some stylesheet editing and will do more a little later. If anyone wants to help me run this give me a pm, or if the team wants to officially take it over let me know. I've submitted some links join me if you have a voat account. Voat is like reddit, bitcoin has their own subverse so I thought we should as well.

https://voat.co/v/Dash

buster is so on it
very cool
I have no idea what that is and yes I am happy to help and join that voat party

Whow
set up and ready to roll !
very cool bust, i am on please let me join the admin team !

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/07/09/what-is-voat-the-site-reddit-users-are-flocking-to/

mkVhqUB.png

buster is so on it
very cool
I have no idea what that is and yes I am happy to help and join that voat party

So I gave you moderator, there's different levels, 1 and 2. I'm researching how to add level 1 moderators but voat is not allowing it right now for some reason. Apparently it will be an added feature soon? That was 7 months ago so I'm not really sure lol. I'm wondering what level 2 does though, you can see what ever setting you have access to down in the bottom right called 'moderator toolbox'. Giving up my username to someone else isn't and option because its a short 3 letter username and I plan on keeping it. There might be another method, I can possibly delete the subverse then someone else can register it quickly. Another option might be to contact a site wide admin of voat and have them change our page owner to someone else.

Anyways I'm down for whatever doesn't involve me giving up my username. Voat seems to have slowed down since the initial phase of users joining, but at least we got the subverse in case it becomes something bigger. I'll continue to help moderate and update the CSS settings. I'm not the best stylist so if anyone has pointers or tips let me know.

tungfa let me know if you can access these two pages and if you are able to edit them. Also go ahead and try to delete one of my post that I made. I'm going to continue to mirror the r/dashpay reddit posts to voat as much as I can, but any help posting there will be nice. If anyone wants to help moderate give me a pm.
https://voat.co/v/Dash/about/edit/stylesheet
https://voat.co/v/Dash/about/edit/

I will work hard at maintaining this page. The reason I think it's important is because of front page visibility.

On reddit, we basically stand no chance of getting to the front page, our numbers just arnt enough. Voat is still new and the user base is much smaller, but we should be using that to our advantage.

If we get the same amount of users on voat as we do reddit we stand a good chance of reaching the front page. If we reach the front page that's thousands of potential unique views.

In addition to all this, as mentioned above in the article posted by tungfa - the voat crowd is full of people interested in* privacy and free speech, an audience we should be targeting with the technology Dash provides.

Anyways get over to voat.co now, sign up early for a unique username, and let's get Dash to the front page.
Edit* typo

I will work hard at maintaining this page. The reason I think it's important is because of front page visibility.

On reddit, we basically stand no chance of getting to the front page, our numbers just arnt enough. Voat is still new and the user base is much smaller, but we should be using that to our advantage.

If we get the same amount of users on voat as we do reddit we stand a good chance of reaching the front page. If we reach the front page that's thousands of potential unique views.

In addition to all this, as mentioned above in the article posted by tungfa - the voat crowd is full of people interested if privacy and free speech, an audience we should be targeting with the technology Dash provides.

Anyways get over to voat.Co now, sign up early for a unique username, and let's get Dash to the front page.

I agree
Buster is the man, no doubt
and i really like the new privacy angle + freedom (all reddit censorship BS) of voat !
See you there
:grin:

upvotes are working. Seems to be about 3 people doin work. Currently the bitcoin posts get about 8-15 upvotes, they still hardly make the front page. We have some work to do if we want to make it. Anybody who is on reddit should honestly just go sign up for voat. We have an opportunity here to reach hundreds maybe thousands of people who appreciate privacy. I took the first step now I just need some help.

Awesome great thinking. I'm not on voat as much as reddit anymore, but maybe this will change so I start visiting both sites regularly.

Back