• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Visa card for cryptocurrency service

True! That is why I believe in Dash. It can be done, it needs to get done and so it will get done.
But it isn't done yet. Dash may have enough money to dash-up the village here, but there are millions villages and cities like this.
Dash can not do that overnight, not in a week, a month or not even in a year.
But I can promote its use in different ways within that year.

And again Mastercard and Visa are not direct competitors. They provide cards for EUR, USD, GBP... they may even some day see the light and provide a card for Dash.
(they should if they want to survive ;) )

Ernst.

There is absolutely no reason for any business to accept Dash if you continue to use VISA and Mastercard. All it does is make it more convenient for you to spend your Dash, but it does nothing to help grow the Dash economy. Walk into a store and ask if they accept Dash, they'll ask what is Dash, you explain it. Then down the road another person asks, then the business seeing more interest decides to accept Dash, thats how you do it, not walking in a store with a Visa/Mastercard.

There is absolutely no reason for any business to accept Dash if you continue to use VISA and Mastercard. All it does is make it more convenient for you to spend your Dash, but it does nothing to help grow the Dash economy. Walk into a store and ask if they accept Dash, they'll ask what is Dash, you explain it. Then down the road another person asks, then the business seeing more interest decides to accept Dash, thats how you do it, not walking in a store with a Visa/Mastercard.

True again. But right now I want to be able to spend my dash and it is going to be very difficult to get my mother to use it if she has no way of spending it.
You need to do the above, but every store you walk into will not accept dash. So you'll do your story and walk out w/o your goods?
You'll soon find yourself out of food.
Then what do you propose to do? Use USD, EUR? The TRUE competitors of Dash?
Or you can put some dash on your prepaid card and buy whatever you need, supporting the dash economy TODAY.

TenX looks very promising and has a great team behind them. But I am still waiting for the card so no reviews yet.
Wirexx has terrible support. Sending 4 emails over 1 month to get 1 answer is not acceptable, especially if you handle my money.

True again. But right now I want to be able to spend my dash and it is going to be very difficult to get my mother to use it if she has no way of spending it.
You need to do the above, but every store you walk into will not accept dash. So you'll do your story and walk out w/o your goods?
You'll soon find yourself out of food.
Then what do you propose to do? Use USD, EUR? The TRUE competitors of Dash?
Or you can put some dash on your prepaid card and buy whatever you need, supporting the dash economy TODAY.

If they don't accept Dash, go to another store, or use your Dash debit card that you want so bad, but thats supporting USD. Its in dollars you know...

If they don't accept Dash, go to another store, or use your Dash debit card that you want so bad, but thats supporting USD. Its in dollars you know...

You're thinking you can go from A to Z without going through the other letters of the alphabet. Your idea of educating business one at a time is noble but it doesn't scale. TenX already has more than 100,000 users. What do you propose to beat that?

Of course we don't want fiat or visa. We want financial sovereignty but, in practical terms, it's a hard slog. Projects from Alt36 and bitcart / festy and helping to reach that goal. It's a multi-pronged approach.

I mentioned my mother a few times here. That was not just a figure of speech. She is 74 years old now, lives in the Netherlands and would like to support her grand-daughter (my daughter) when she goes to university next year, in Thailand. She would like to send her 100 EUR/month, or thereabout. To do that through traditional banks would cost her an additional 30 EUR/month. That is 30 %. She wants to support my daughter, not the banking industry. Sooooooooooooo....
Here we have a use case for Dash. With Dash she pays less than a cent per month.
See, that is practical use TODAY, I do not even have to convince her, I just needed to tell her. The facts do the convincing.
My daughter can then use that money through a debit card, for whatever she wants.
Until better options are in place, this is a very reasonable solution. And to say that this damages the dash economy, .... I just don't see that. In my opinion this is a step forward.

You're thinking you can go from A to Z without going through the other letters of the alphabet. Your idea of educating business one at a time is noble but it doesn't scale. TenX already has more than 100,000 users. What do you propose to beat that?

Of course we don't want fiat or visa. We want financial sovereignty but, in practical terms, it's a hard slog. Projects from Alt36 and bitcart / festy and helping to reach that goal. It's a multi-pronged approach.

Hard ground game that delivers, thats 1000x better than 100,000 TenX users that still use prepaid Visa Card. You wanna know what I'm doing, tomorrow I got a flight to Peru and will be printing out 250 Dash Accepted Here stickers and going to every single local business that is on one of the main busiest streets and asking if they accept Dash and if they would like a Dash logo on their glass. I install the wallet on their phones show how it works and put them on my map that I'm building. I give them Dash, ask them for 5 stores where they like to go shopping, I go to those exact stores and give them Dash Accepted Signs, do the same process, give them Dash, and guess what I just did? I created a Dash ecosystem... Will give updates in a month.

Hard ground game that delivers, thats 1000x better than 100,000 TenX users that still use prepaid Visa Card. You wanna know what I'm doing, tomorrow I got a flight to Peru and will be printing out 250 Dash Accepted Here stickers and going to every single local business that is on one of the main busiest streets and asking if they accept Dash and if they would like a Dash logo on their glass. I install the wallet on their phones show how it works and put them on my map that I'm building. I give them Dash, ask them for 5 stores where they like to go shopping, I go to those exact stores and give them Dash Accepted Signs, do the same process, give them Dash, and guess what I just did? I created a Dash ecosystem... Will give updates in a month.
That sounds fantastic! People like you give me an even greater confidence in dash.
What you are doing is really great, but that doesn't mean that everyone who takes smaller steps than you is hurting the dash ecosystem.
Every step in the right direction, no matter how small it appears to you -taking these giant leaps-, is still a step in the right direction.
Not everyone can do what you do and you need to allow people to change at their own pace.
Good luck in Peru! And I look forward to your update(s)!

Ernst.

"Singapore Residents Clamor for Bitcoin-backed Visa Cards"

NOV 07, 2017 - According to Bloomberg, Visa is starting to realize they are sitting on a gold mine (Read the rest: Article from Cointelegraph dot-com)

Back