• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Video blogs, Monthly conferences and News on DASH

slava_m

Budget Proposal for December – May 2017

Basically, it’s an old good proposal that we’ve been making for more that half a year. We've added a couple of new features and adjusted some of the points.
Specially for MNO’s - what we changed in short:
  • Since we are looking for a long-term involvement, this proposal is now for 6 months instead of three. We are introducing you a big new concept for DASH-HUB after Christmas, but first we decided to start building longterm relationship with DASH community step-by-step. It would be a good benchmark to show that we stick to our obligations.
  • Since the winter is coming ( swear I didn’t want to trigger all those GOT fans:) ) we’ll have to travel less. Hence, the total amount of conferences and meet- ups will increase! That’s right, we made a couple arrangement and now we can make more events in capital city - Kiev - without increasing the price!
  • I went crazy with video blogs and now I produce a lot more of those, not just two a month. More ideas = more content. More content = more engagement:)
  • A salary for Journalist-copywriter-manager is now higher, since total amount of work and material we provide has increased dramatically (Take a look at Ukrainian DASH community thread). I think it’s a fair price since I have to act as a project manager as well.
  • We started making weekly meet- ups in restaurants to introduce people to DASH’s payment system in POS terminals. Since the development is on it’s final stage, we need to perfect customers’ experience before EVOLUTION. That’s in addition to conferences, of course!

What the budget proposal includes PER MONTH:

- Conferences in Kiev and biggest Ukrainian cities (Probably more two per month)
◦ 30-60 people
◦ 4 hours
◦ 5 to 7 speakers

-Expenditures on conference hall:
◦ Rent itself – $350.
◦ Catering – included

-Printed material costs:
◦ Booklets about DASH and how it works (210 х 297 mm) – $30 per 1000 booklets
◦ Banners – $100 for 2 banners
◦ Posters for advertisement (420 x 598 mm) – $50 per 100 posters

-Advertising and other expenses:
◦ Official Facebook events advertising - $300
◦ Accommodation: $300
◦ Transfer: $300

- Promotion of DASH in social networks (SMM)
◦ DASH.com.ua Facebook page official advertising - $300
◦ DASH.com.ua Youtube channel promotion - $300 (140+ clicks a day)

- Regular news about cryptocurrencies and DASH on both websites (DASH.com.ua & Fork.land) – included into journalist`s salary

- Vlogs:
◦ video tutorials on cryptocurrency in general (how it works, why it`s cool and should be used) – included into journalist`s salary
◦ video blogs about DASH – included into journalist`s salary

- Journalist- copywriter’s salary – texts for conferences, vlogs, news, video filming and editing – $2000/month.

Why we’ve included the salary. This money will guarantee regular news on both websites, video blogs production and conferences content on high professional level.

Long-term vision: build up the Ukrainian DASH community

Total: $4030 or 21 DASH/ month. (Submission fee of 5 DASH included)

Verification: My identity can be proved by @Alex_ru, @dmitriybtc, @akhavr and all 100 000+ people, who have seen our videos and attended our conferences.

Every member of DASH community can check the work on our websites (weekly news and vlogs), social networks (events) or by contacting us directly through Skype or Facebook. We would be happy to answer all of your questions and suggestions:)

The updates on proposal will be posted in this thread (Ukrainian DASH community).

What we have already done:

We’ve got 5 stars rating on Dash Treasury website! It’s good to see that people appreciate our work and are involved in the process:)

Here’s a brief list of things we’ve delivered so far:

1. Launched daily news source on cryptocurrencies – http://fork.land/ (November 2016)
2. Launched a Ukrainian DASH community website – http://dash.com.ua/ (January 2017)
3. Launched an exchange – https://fork.sale/ (since March 2017)
4. Held Dash/blockchain conferences (blockchaintalks.com.ua):
  • 2 meetups in Kiev at Hub 4.0 and at 1900Coworking - report
  • conference in Zhytomyr on April 8th at Reikartz Zhytomyr - report
  • conference in Vinnitsa on June 17th at Optima Vinnitsia - report
  • conference in on July 22nd at Bordo Business House, Kherson - report
  • conference - in Ternopil on 19-th of August
  • Many meet-ups in Kiev regarding Dash’s new payment system in retail sector.

5. Launched a dedicated video blog on DASH and cryptocurrency :

- first episode: mining and masternode
- second episode: what is blockchain and how does it work
- third episode: 5 steps for using cryptocurrency
- fourth episode: transactions in DASH – InstantSend & PrivateSend
- fifth episode: DASH’s DAO
- sixth episode: 5 reasons to buy DASH
And many more - I don’t want make this thread infinite so, please, visit Ukrainian Dash youtube channel for others:)

6. Developed a solution for Dash and Bitcoin integration into retail business in Ukraine:
- partnerships with Profit Solutions (12 years of experience in software and hardware solutions for food service industry) and AxxonSoft (10 years of experience in video surveillance and security systems);
- universal technical solution for retail sector across Ukraine. Legal solution can be used in Ukraine and adjusted to CIS legislation because of its similarity;
- first restaurants to accept: Givi Rubenshteyn, Pastateca and Celentano.

7. Organized DASH sponsorship for International Security Expo 2017, arranged Dash Cafe out there and a dedicated stand (bunch of promotional materials designed and made; custom edited press- releases, extensive media coverage etc.) Take a look at this in our local community thread

If you have any questions or ideas on how I can improve this proposal- contact me on forum or Facebook!

P.S. Thanks to everyone, who reads proposal all the way down:)

Last edited:
My the way, you can manually vote YES for this proposal using the following command:)

gobject vote-many dbd10a22905625c2879295868a9a3808c961083574c1a7fcf60c2f531d217a9d funding yes

30-60 people

$4030 or 21 DASH/ month

Voting NO. Conferences and meetups => automatic NO. On top of that, the acquisition cost is ridiculously high at $67.17 per person (4030/60). I might be ok with just the videos in your native language but definitely not OK to spend everyone's money on conferences and meetups.

Voting NO.

Let’s be honest, your calculations are just hilarious :)

To begin with, 4030 divided by 60 means that I take the ALL the budget per month and give it away to 60 people (not leaving a spare change for myself. Even if you really want to follow that false logic, you should be more accurate (I don’t know how that’s possible) and take into account all the expenses and ALL the points (including vlogs, news and tini-tiny meet-ups in restaurants). That make roughly 24,000 people per month and keeps growing!

Maybe, I didn’t quite understand your point about why conferences are so bad? Than let me know!

@slava_m

To begin with, 4030 divided by 60 means that I take the ALL the budget per month and give it away to 60 people (not leaving a spare change for myself.

If you get $4030 from the network and convert 60 people, your conversion cost is 4030/60 ~=$68. I'm glad you find a division so entertaining. Still voting NO.

Have a look for example
It has > 12.000 views

Videos of these guys have great quality - we include them in our Russian playlist on Dash official channel
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiFMZOlhgsYKHSBs4yvuVRFXfboGXFqBM

So this budget proposal in not only about Ukraine, but help us to spread the word about Dash in Russian Language worldwide - It's Ukraine, Russia, Belorussia, Kazakhstan and many other countries suffering from the weakness of national currencies.
Also, there is big Russian (Ukrainian, ) communities in other countries like Germany - and many of them do need a payment system to trasfer money to motherland and so on.

@alex-ru @slava_m

I'm all in for youtube videos. If you want to make proposals for just the videos I'll be happy to vote YES and encourage others to do the same. Now you want to spend the network's money on Rent, Posters for advertisement, Banners, Transfer, Accommodation, Catering? Sorry but NO. Conferences and meetups => automatic NO.

Special thanks to a guy named @Beru for his comment on DC.
Just an answer if someone has similar question on DASH forum (since not all users visit DC):

I know, that it's an unusual practice to submit proposals for longer periods, but I believe, that it makes more sense in my case. See, I do a lot of work to bring all of my proposals to life and make my reputation as clean as possible. That's what I was taught to do. And my next project requires longer periods (6 months at least) of funding and brings a lot more responsibility on me. That's why I decided to make this proposal longer, to show that I can manage both the timeframe and funding part the proposal. It's a lot safer than just give a bunch of money to some guy and expect some result - never wanted to be like that:) So let's start small and then get to bigger goals.

Back