• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

VERY basic mining help for a complete newcomer

dashtardlyman

i have never used any cryptocurrency until today. nothing nada nowt.
setup my dash wallet yesterday and used reubens guide to start mining on my
amd 7870 tahiti cpu in windows today. ive joined a p2p mining pool in the netherlands.
and everything seems to be working absolutely fine.
so ive cracked the hard part.
pitifully slow compared to other miners but thats ok. you will see me with my little 2mh/s!
im here to learn.

my question(s) is :
when i setup my dash wallet i created a receive label called "test1"
and it gave me a big long address like "Xp9ezBMqhcnpAUtvErrmXn?????????"
which is my receive address which is used when i setup the config to use with the netherlands pool i joined.
1. does that receive address ever stop working??
2. im assuming after a few days of my GPU heating my flat up (LOL) - i will magically get credited with a small amount of dash - is that right? how will i know if its gone wrong?

sorry if these are really basic questions.
many thanks to anyone who cares to reply
sincerely
dashtardlyman

many thanks for your reply.
its so good to get a person to reply when you are totally new to a topic and you were not patronising.
which is very refreshing and good.
yes i have been monitoring my progress using that ip address.. and its pitifully slow!!
my plan is to mine for as many days as it takes to get even just 0.01 dash and get it credited to my wallet.
then at least i know the procedure works.

i think i will then buy some dash and try using it !
after all thats what its all about!

thanks again

ps - im liking it ALL so far -
1. sgminer is working
2. i can see me connected to the pool
3. and forum question answered

Im also new to mining i want to learn how to setup an asic miner on a small scale hopefully bigger scale once i can understand it properly or at least enough to get it going.

I just want to mine very small amount with my great 265MB graphics card and then, when I see and know how it works buy a ASIC Pinidea X11 USB DU-1 to start with

Even I want to start mining using baikal asic miner , can anyone provide help regarding this

Thanx in advance

Back