• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Superblock issue:

As I understand it, when there is a superblock, masternodes and miners do not get paid. This wasn't a priority issue because of the infrequency of the superblock payments. However, since each budget creates it's own superblock, and budgets are increasing in number, this is starting to have an impact on the general income of MN owners and miners. When this subject came up last, we had 3 superblocks that month and it was considered "bad luck" if you landed on one. Today we have 10 projects we're funding. This is going to continue to grow and grow.

So I see 2 solutions for this. Either we fix the issue so that blocks are paid during superblocks, or we force every proposal to get paid at the same time in one superblock.

So here is the question. Can this be fixed, and tested here, before v13 comes out? Maybe we can call it v13, and get rid of the "bad luck" feeling, LOL.

The real question is, can we work on this without Evan? Or are all the core developers drowning in Evolution? Thanks for reading :)

Superblock issue:

As I understand it, when there is a superblock, masternodes and miners do not get paid. This wasn't a priority issue because of the infrequency of the superblock payments. However, since each budget creates it's own superblock, and budgets are increasing in number, this is starting to have an impact on the general income of MN owners and miners. When this subject came up last, we had 3 superblocks that month and it was considered "bad luck" if you landed on one. Today we have 10 projects we're funding. This is going to continue to grow and grow.

So I see 2 solutions for this. Either we fix the issue so that blocks are paid during superblocks, or we force every proposal to get paid at the same time in one superblock.

So here is the question. Can this be fixed, and tested here, before v13 comes out? Maybe we can call it v13, and get rid of the "bad luck" feeling, LOL.

The real question is, can we work on this without Evan? Or are all the core developers drowning in Evolution? Thanks for reading :)
I understand that there is no MN landed on superblock so there is no bad luck MN, The payment just be delayed for superblock creation. Delaying 3 blocks is about less than 10 minutes per month, if 10 blocks , it's about 25 minutes or more..
Please show me which MN has bad luck for last 3 superblocks if possible.

It seems the one guy, Xccqh1yAg2HBNrn9ENdPu9RiREiH65ggCk who didn't get his payment, now in 7 days, hit some kind of hiccup or bug. Dashninja thought he won a payment, but he didn't get it. Anyway, I think he's not going to get it. Yes, Evan spoke up and said what you said ^^^ that the payments are only delayed. Sorry, I should have cleaned up my comment.

Yah, there are a lot more MNs now, and so it takes longer. The guy was somehow not paid and sent to the bottom of the pile. But I doubt it'll happen to him again, so when this happens to us, we just have to weather it :) It's probably a quirk of lag.

Just found this on BCT from Evan:

"As moo points out, there is a possibility to fall out of the queue and not receive payment within a cycle. This only can happen when your node receives two votes for a given block and another node received more at the same time. This is extremely rare, as it would require a concensus disagreement among the masternode network; those are more common shortly after upgrading to a new version, then they quickly are solved and do not occur again but for very uncommon situations.

This is also not a bug, but will go away with evolution as well as the probability based design. I found another design that is much more memory efficient and isn't based off of probabilities, but instead will establish a set list of payees. I believe that's a lot better for the long term solution for us, so we'll move to that."

And now that he said that, I remember, THAT was indeed the condition when this happens. I don't have a good memory :(

Yah, there are a lot more MNs now, and so it takes longer. The guy was somehow not paid and sent to the bottom of the pile.
"As moo points out, there is a possibility to fall out of the queue and not receive payment within a cycle.

:(

Not sure if this is the same thing I had happen, but when I opened my remote wallet with masternode=1 it seemed to send my MN to the end of the line...

It seems the one guy, Xccqh1yAg2HBNrn9ENdPu9RiREiH65ggCk who didn't get his payment, now in 7 days, hit some kind of hiccup or bug. Dashninja thought he won a payment, but he didn't get it. Anyway, I think he's not going to get it. Yes, Evan spoke up and said what you said ^^^ that the payments are only delayed. Sorry, I should have cleaned up my comment.
I've seen many delays out to 8 days. Nothing so long as to suggest I was completely skipped and simply rolled over tot he next one, but pretty damn close.

It seems the devs are simply letting defects slide since Evolution makes it all obsolete. Pushing that out is seen as the proactive solution, as opposed to picking the nits out of an already deprecated release still in use. As the distance stretches out, the wisdom of this approach becomes less salient, even though I'd generally agree with it.

Yes, I agree. My son hasn't had a payment either in over 8 days. He probably got bumped off (getting 2 votes and someone else getting more and the reward, then both being sent to the back of the line) It's going to happen once in a while. I just couldn't remember why that was happening, LOL. My brain is like a sieve sometimes!

Yes, I agree. My son hasn't had a payment either in over 8 days. He probably got bumped off (getting 2 votes and someone else getting more and the reward, then both being sent to the back of the line) It's going to happen once in a while. I just couldn't remember why that was happening, LOL. My brain is like a sieve sometimes!
Is 0.13 on testnet? My project could be greatly accelerated by access to testnet and some tDASH.

Superblock issue:

I suggested the easiest solution when the whole budget idea was originally being tabled. Oh well...

None of this Superblock nonsense. Just pay out of each block as it is mined. If there is no budget in need of funding at that time, then it stays in the block reward. Fuckin' easy.

Well, I'm not so nervous anymore as we're filling up the block rewards now and some people want to increase the budget amount (but personally, I think 10% is good due to the number of coins already tied up, and I'm sure they will increase in value this year enough to pay for things we'll need. I might be wrong, but ... good to hear some people actually want to give the budget more Dash.

I think the only flaw your suggestion would have is that it would increase the block size a lot more??

LOL... gotta remember this:

"Proposal FeeTX is not valid - 7cde72b156d834f54c491ff71207adb4d207d97b347a4ce6d4ecd908eb096e43 - Collateral requires at least 6 confirmations - 1 confirmations "

What this message actually means?
Can someone help?

Two problems:

GUI: extremaly small fonts on 3200x1800 14' screen
I got Lenovo Yoga with 3200x1800 resolution. Fonts in DASH Core are slightly above 1mm tall. To small for me. How about possibility to resize in options or checking resolution by program and corect font size?

GUI: masternodes tab - columns resize problem
Each time when I start DASH Core I must resize 'Alias', 'Address', 'Protocol', 'Status', 'Active', 'Last seen'. They are too narrow. After I close app all my resize 'job' is lost.
How about memorize last settings or automatic resize columns to the widest content?

Back