• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Awesome video, love it. I also had many unconfirmed, conflicted transactions on my two wallets but this was due to the fork we were having, some of the transactions went off on a different chain. Even the two explorers weren't at the same block height earlier if you noticed. The devs are trying to figure out what's causing the forks.
Thanks, lets hope they find and fix that bug quick.

Thanks, lets hope they find and fix that bug quick.
I hope so too. I just did "sendtoaddressix" to someone and on my wallet all of those tx's got confirmed quickly but they're now conflicted on his wallet.

Reactions: AjM
I hope so too. I just did "sendtoaddressix" to someone and on my wallet all of those tx's got confirmed quickly but they're now conflicted on his wallet.
Now i need to relax and maybe one beer (big), tired to stare this screen, tommorrow testing continue.

I think next important thing for DASH would be faster blockchain synchronization.

Full nodes could work as Reseed. Its quite frustrating that on a 1 Gbit/s network it takes years to download the blockchain.

v0.12.0.42-37efa72

eventhough wallets are up to date the "out of sync message" still shows in the wallets and only clears after 30 seconds / 60 seconds, could be a bit faster to avoid confusion.
Ideally the moment the wallet gets fully synced the message about out of sync should disappear.

I have been doing some mixing and its actually a joy to see so many DS transactions get steadily (and fast) confirmed, we will need to observe it some more but its looking good so far..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think next important thing for DASH would be faster blockchain synchronization.

Full nodes could work as Reseed. Its quite frustrating that on a 1 Gbit/s network it takes years to download the blockchain.
I don't know what you are refering to with "years", but last time i checked my mainnet wallet synced in 30mins.

Full nodes are reseeds per definition.

I don't know what you are refering to with "years", but last time i checked my mainnet wallet synced in 30mins.

Full nodes are reseeds per definition.

my friend has been downloading blockchain on his VPS for past 3 hours using dashd. Its not even at %1 yet.

They're really good reseeds indeed, because never download at MAX speed.

Then his VPS has performance issues (CPU/network network). I am running several nodes on dedicated hardware and 100Mbit uplink and it syncs in 30mins.

Best your friend downloads the bootstrap and syncs from there. --> https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

Yeah this is what i am talking about. Use 3rd party way to sync. Dash needs to be so no 3rd party is needed.

Also, his VPS when downloading stuff directly from internet hits speeds such as 50MB/s (not mbit, m8, he has 1 Gbit/s).

Yeah this is what i am talking about. Use 3rd party way to sync. Dash needs to be so no 3rd party is needed.
Dash IS so - his problems are solely related to his VPS performance. Downloading the bootstrap was just a suggestion to work around his network issues. If syncing with bootstrap takes ages as well his vCPU has not enough performance

As stated by previous helper, this is not DASH's fault or problem. DASH offers a bootstrap to help people who can't/won't/don't fix their network problems.

My VPSes' network pipe is a bit flaky at times, so I use the bootstrap, and then, since they're hosted on the same pizzabox, scp the chain across the local vnet.

See my post edit.
Is he trying to pull a virgin chain from behind I2P or TOR? Until you build a valid peers.dat, it can be fail trying to do it that way... Block-sources can be hard to come by if you do that, especially on testnet...

My VPS has fat pipes, too. But if others on the host are derp with their VPSes and hog pipe, things can be unpleasant until the bandwidth ban-hammer shows up.

See my post edit.

Even when i sync at home, I don't hit my 100 Mbit/s. However at BitTorrent i hit always 100 mbit/s.
So your measure is to saturate your uplink? Torrent and blockchain are totally different protocols, blockchain only connects to 8 peers simultaneously.

Sorry, but your expectations are unrealistic.

So your measure is to saturate your uplink? Torrent and blockchain are totally different protocols, blockchain only connects to 8 peers simultaneously.

Sorry, but your expectations are unrealistic.

You cannot tell another programmer that his expectations are unrealistic. Code can be changed. Dedicated centralized reseed can be setup. Things can be done, stop lying.

blockchain only connects to 8 peers simultaneously.

Increase the limit, simple.

He just does know how the system works

You're not downloading a program - Block-chains take a lot more time to Download
To download the same size as a program will take no time at all....

UdjinM6 Eduffield

i'm getting some conflicted transactions now (Testdash4) and also some not confirming transactions from 30 minutes ago (Testdash5)

6dR3Guv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dedicated centralized reseed

is not what this project is about

edit: some people here will not give you any respect if you continue to speak to Flare - or any of the other DEV's the way you are.

Back