• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Masternode API

All masternode API commands now use the inputs as the main identifier and not the ip-address as they used to.
Code (Text):
masternode list:
{
"e466f5d8beb4c2d22a314310dc58e0ea89505c95409754d0d68fb874952608cc-5" : "ENABLED",
"e466f5d8beb4c2d22a314310dc58e0ea89505c95409754d0d68fb874952608cc-2" : "ENABLED",
does this mean we can have multiple MN's on the same IP?
My question also, and sorry I am more than a little confused about some of the config file changes, anyone have a cheat sheet regarding?
Thanks

My question also, and sorry I am more than a little confused about some of the config file changes, anyone have a cheat sheet regarding?
Thanks

I doubt the same IP can be used for multiple MN as it requires listening on an individual port. I guess it could always use something like http uses with the "host:" designation in the request header that would define which MN it was trying to connect to. Obviously I know very little about this though so take that with a grain of salt.

I doubt the same IP can be used for multiple MN as it requires listening on an individual port. I guess it could always use something like http uses with the "host:" designation in the request header that would define which MN it was trying to connect to. Obviously I know very little about this though so take that with a grain of salt.
There are multiple people running MN's from the same IP.

From Elbereth's site: Total Masternodes: 2682 = 2654 actives + 28 inactives [2441 unique IPs] (Last refresh: Wed Jun 17 2015 1:39:51 PM)

Dude, do not "obviously I know very little..." we ALL learn something new EVERY DAY!

Hey, guys, if some of you were mining on testnet with gpu for a while and dropped it - please don't. I need to investigate issues from both sides (miners and MNs) to gather more info but I can't compete with you on my old macbook so blockchain is stuck for me now :confused:... please, mine on testnet with few cpus only (if you ever need to) and don't throw lots of hashes there (in terms of testnet ofc) until further testing resuming. Thanks!
my i7-3770 mine on testnet now.

Donations for a new winter coat please ?

xxiMHNNvRfnYq6t8mqRmo5aZXYEs1D4W8L

edit : thanks, thats a down payment :tongue:

edit2: I am mixing but there are only 5 masternodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
guys, below post (post from page 2) is still very much in effect .. so no need to do any mixing as we havent got an update yet or words from dev team that we can resume testing.

Pausing V12 Testing There's some outstanding stability issues on testnet that will require some time to fix. I don't want to waste everyones time -- I'll let everyone know when the version that fixes this is pushed up for everyone.

Thanks!

eduffield, Today at 1:39 AM Report

guys, below post (post from page 2) is still very much in effect .. so no need to do any mixing as we havent got an update yet or words from dev team that we can resume testing.

With the download link working, and it syncing I figured we were good to go :grin:

I loaded the Win 64 client and tested the following:
Wallet repair - upgrade format - no issues
Wallet repair - rebuild - no issues

Testnet seems to be running fine.

I loaded the Win 64 client and tested the following:
Wallet repair - upgrade format - no issues
Wallet repair - rebuild - no issues

Testnet seems to be running fine.

new code is coming out soon

There are multiple people running MN's from the same IP.

From Elbereth's site: Total Masternodes: 2682 = 2654 actives + 28 inactives [2441 unique IPs] (Last refresh: Wed Jun 17 2015 1:39:51 PM)

Dude, do not "obviously I know very little..." we ALL learn something new EVERY DAY!

I may be wrong, but I think that sentence is misleading. I believe that is referencing servers that have multiple IP addresses. My understanding is that while yes, there are only 2441 unique servers, some of those servers have more than one IP. I believe at this point you can only have 1 MN per IP address, as the listening port is the same. I don't know if v12 changes that.

Hey guys, are we still on hold? or should I download that last link?

While all of you are waiting for the dev team to give the GO code, I'm getting rich by CPU mining using a computer from 2002.
1QTkPHK.png

All Your tDASH Are Belong To Us!

OK, soon as I get my wallet up and running, I have to make a donation to the faucet, LOL ;)

Ah, nope, it's still crashing. Hum... Maybe it wouldn't crash if I don't run a masternode?

Ok, so do I have this right? We now need all these program "pieces" in the bin file (save qt if you're using daemon) in the same folder as dashd or dash-qt for the wallet to function? I just moved dash-cli into my folder and it didn't work, so I put dashd in there, and it worked briefly, so now I've put everything into the folder and am hoping it'll work now??

It's a big difference if the above assumption is correct. Please, will someone explain which programs go where during installation? Thanks!

Very weird, when I unpacked to my desktop, the date modified is a screwy. Says 1-9-2014? or April something....? depending on which file :p

I haven't looked at any of the new software for V12 yet - sorry

in V11 dashd and dash-cli go in the .dash DIR
Not sure if that will help - ugh

Ok, so do I have this right? We now need all these program "pieces" in the bin file (save qt if you're using daemon) in the same folder as dashd or dash-qt for the wallet to function? I just moved dash-cli into my folder and it didn't work, so I put dashd in there, and it worked briefly, so now I've put everything into the folder and am hoping it'll work now??

It's a big difference if the above assumption is correct. Please, will someone explain which programs go where during installation? Thanks!

Very weird, when I unpacked to my desktop, the date modified is a screwy. Says 1-9-2014? or April something....? depending on which file :p
Somebody make a "Version 12 dash-cli For Dummies" so I can tweet it to the masses....

I dunno, my dash is crashing on my server. I can't get the masternode to run.

Explain it to me, and I'll do it, Tao LOL

I guess this explains from Bitcoin.org

"
Once installed, you’ll have access to three programs: bitcoind, bitcoin-qt, and bitcoin-cli.

• bitcoin-qt provides a combination full Bitcoin peer and wallet frontend. From the Help menu, you can access a console where you can enter the RPC commands used throughout this document.

• bitcoind is more useful for programming: it provides a full peer which you can interact with through RPCs to port 8332 (or 18332 for testnet).

• bitcoin-cli allows you to send RPC commands to bitcoind from the command line. For example, bitcoin-cli help

All three programs get settings from bitcoin.conf in the Bitcoin application directory:

• Windows: %APPDATA%\Bitcoin\

• OSX: $HOME/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/

• Linux: $HOME/.bitcoin/"

Back