V12 Testing Thread

S

snogcel

OK, I'm up and running with v12, but I haven't been on Testnet in a really long time so I am encountering a "No block source available" message. Do I have to add a specific node to the dash.conf?
If you go to Tools -> Debug Console, then type:

setgenerate true

this will start you CPU mining, likely the blockchain needs a little nudge ;-)

Submitted a Pull Request to fix the Available + Pending labels on the overview page, everything else looking and working great so far!

MangledBlue

Jun 28, 2014
USA

setgenerate true

Submitted a Pull Request to fix the Available + Pending labels on the overview page, everything else looking and working great so far!

ALL CORES
setgenerate true -1

1 CORE
setgenerate true 1

don't burn up your lappy

Reactions: snogcel

MangledBlue

Jun 28, 2014
USA
THANK YOU !!!!

For starting/changing: Coin Selection in LIST MODE :)
It's the little things that make me happy
...and all the new tool tabs :-D

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com

setgenerate true

Thanks, tried it, but my wallet still staring at me wondering when I'm going to give it a block source...:mad: I'm going to bed now. Cheers.

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
It isn't really taht confusing. You basically only use dashd to start the daemon. All your other interaction is just now done with dash-cli.

So before it was dashd getinfo now it's dash-cli getinfo all of the "interaction" with the daemon is simply done with a different program. This makes it more robust so that teh daemon runs individually from the rest of the code querying it.
It's very simple, I understand, however, it is incomprehensible if nobody explains it to a lay person like myself and most of the other users / masternode owners out there ;) We kind of need it all explained with no ambiguity ;) LOL :)

Rux

Mar 9, 2014
Hi guys, i have joined Testnet its my 1st time to help test

Ubuntu x64 dash-qt started and syncing as we speak

Glad to help, just say if you need anything

Reactions: buster

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
Of all the test blockchain explorers only the http://blockchains.io/drkt/blocks/ seems to be the one up to date,
pls let us know when other test blockchain explorers get up to date.. thanks

Edit : i tested the faucets and there seems to be a problem with elbereth's faucet, i get the confirmation the 1000 tdash is processed but there is
no incoming transaction in my wallet. Can someone pls verify ... thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

MangledBlue

Jun 28, 2014
USA
Of all the test blockchain explorers only the http://blockchains.io/drkt/blocks/ seems to be the one up to date,
pls let us know when other test blockchain explorers get up to date.. thanks

Edit : i tested the faucets and there seems to be a problem with elbereth's faucet, i get the confirmation the 1000 tdash is processed but there is
no incoming transaction in my wallet. Can someone pls verify ... thanks

Yep - not working

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
I'm running two wallets (windows 64bit) and one of my two wallets will not show correct amount and rounds and also let me not change it through Options (note : upon opening wallet it showed 0 / 0 amount / rounds eventhough in the Options it was set to default 500 / 8 or something, cant really remember well). Reset doesnt fix it.

Edit 1 : after awhile both wallets are starting to show 0 / 0 eventhough both wallets have specific Amount / Rounds set up in Options.
Edit 2 : looks to be a windows memory thing, i have both windows wallets back again with correct Amount / Rounds.

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
I noticed with test blockchain explorer http://blockchains.io/drkt/blocks/ that a first refresh shows incorrect blocks (block height 68795)
and another refresh shows correct block height .. so i have to actually refresh twice to get correct block height.

Edit : it seems to randomly switch between old block height and currect blockheight during refresh attempts.

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
With regards to wallet text color, specially in the Options part could we perhaps consider making the text a tat more black as the first impression could be that
the options are "greyed out". I know this isnt specific to this wallet version 12 (its exists in current wallet version on Mainnet as well) but making it a tat more black
could really help in that regard.

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
OK, I'm up and running with v12, but I haven't been on Testnet in a really long time so I am encountering a "No block source available" message. Do I have to add a specific node to the dash.conf?
put this in your config, and you should lock onto the seed node instantly.
addnode=37.59.168.129:19999

Reactions: TaoOfSatoshi

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
There are 4 peers still on version 0.11.1.25, check your version!
Masternode count = 14
I will leave the mixing on but looks like there is not enough people mixing.

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
During mixing the ''Darksend Create Denominations'' transactions are hidden in the "Most Common" type (which seems to be on default), it was a bit confusing as i could not find them at first but in the end its a nice filter addition.

edit : never mind, that filter was already there in previous version .. i just didnt notice it before or forgot about it.

dark-sailor

May 9, 2014
I have left mine mixing all morning nothing so far. as you say might not be enough people just yet.

edit
just resent funds to myself and its just started mixing

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
i will do some more mixing myself, with more wallets.

Edit : last block 69540 from 30 minutes ago ..

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
i will do some more mixing myself, with more wallets.

Edit : last block 69540 from 30 minutes ago ..
I have increased my hashing to 2 meg to get the blocks moving, its gone to 69541 now.
I am at 32% mixing completed ..

Reactions: qwizzie

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
i gotta say the mixing isnt going as smoothly as i remember from last version, could be the relatively low number of masternodes active (5 of my wallets see 16 or 17 masternodes, 1 sees 24 masternodes) or it could be something else... also a lot of "session timed out" messages.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Overnight my two wallets got stuck at blocks 69319 and 69321. Mixing didn't happen. "Darksend Create Denominations" and "Darksend Denominate" fees got stuck, didn't get a confirmation.

(Going to -zapwallettxes and -reindex them now)

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Overnight my two wallets got stuck at blocks 69319 and 69321. Mixing didn't happen. "Darksend Create Denominations" and "Darksend Denominate" fees got stuck, didn't get a confirmation.
Pool is down, wallet only ...

poiuty

Nov 26, 2014
yes, p2pool => p2pool.util.jsonrpc.NarrowError: -1 CreateNewBlock() : TestBlockValidity failed