• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

How long a darksend usually goes? I've sent 100DASH 6+hrs ago and it still shows me as unconfirmed

Is there a way to do pidof someprocess by someuser? Its the only thing I can think of that is keeping this from working when one of the users has a daemon running and the other doesn't. Thanks for the help, UdjinM6!!
That's what "fuser -c ~user1/.dash 2>&-" for. Replace user1 with the username.

I saw this on dashninja.pl:

Estimated daily payout for an active node (blocks with MN payments last 24h: 100%): 1153.696 DASH/day (Last Refreshed: Wed Sep 02 2015 6:27:08 AM PDT)

Who is getting 1153.696 DASH/day? :eek:

GermanRed+, that's just the amount paid to masternodes in a day, with about 550 blocks - and therefore masternodes paid each day (Evan said that was the average we were getting) it equals just over 2 coins per masternode paid per day, which is about right. It's taking about 5 1/2 days now to get through the masternode list :)

Say, how is "fuser -c ~user1/.dash 2>&-" used in such a script please? I try to understand, but frankly, my mind does not function well in the programming world, LOL. I just don't know or get syntax :oops:

GermanRed+, that's just the amount paid to masternodes in a day, with about 550 blocks - and therefore masternodes paid each day (Evan said that was the average we were getting) it equals just over 2 coins per masternode paid per day, which is about right. It's taking about 5 1/2 days now to get through the masternode list :)

Say, how is "fuser -c ~user1/.dash 2>&-" used in such a script please? I try to understand, but frankly, my mind does not function well in the programming world, LOL. I just don't know or get syntax :oops:

Code:
while [ true ] ; do
  if [ -z $(fuser -c ~user1/.dash 2>&-) ] ; then
    dashd 1>&-
  fi
  sleep 300
done

Can someone who has the skill to represent us talk to Bifinex about offering the DASH/BTC and DASH/USD trading pairs on their exchange again? We should use the vote system to choose our Representative to Bitfinex. It will make me learn how to vote.

Can someone who has the skill to represent us talk to Bifinex about offering the DASH/BTC and DASH/USD trading pairs on their exchange again? We should use the vote system to choose our Representative to Bitfinex. It will make me learn how to vote.

Why Bitfinex should be interested? They have LTC with 10 times more trading volume than DASH had. DASH trading volume, per http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/24-hour/ is ~40 times lower now that LTC one.

Why Bitfinex should be interested? They have LTC with 10 times more trading volume than DASH had. DASH trading volume, per http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/24-hour/ is ~40 times lower now that LTC one.
The USDT/USD volume is less than a thousand USD per day. If they keep Tether, why can't they keep DASH? Their total DASH volume was next to Cryptsy. So, trading volume is not the real reason. It would be more likely that they lost money even if they do insider trading because DASH volume is so hard to predict and no leverage due to the MN feature.

The USDT/USD volume is less than a thousand USD per day.

They don't have Tether trading. Obviously it's only to withdraw funds.

If they keep Tether, why can't they keep DASH? Their total DASH volume was next to Cryptsy. So, trading volume is not the real reason.

The official statement was that they remove because of low trade volume.

They don't have Tether trading. Obviously it's only to withdraw funds.

The official statement was that they remove because of low trade volume.
The official number for Jubi is that it just became the second largest cryptocurrency trading platform with its "shark/shit"coins. So, the official statement does not mean to tell the truth.

Leave me out of conspiracy theories :)
I've got enough of them closer to home due to Russian agression to my country.

The official number for Jubi is that it just became the second largest cryptocurrency trading platform with its "shark/shit"coins. So, the official statement does not mean to tell the truth.
I guess you missed the discussions about Bitfinex's decision, here are the threads:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/omg-bitfinex-stop-dash-trading.5827/
https://dashtalk.org/threads/darkcoin-aka-dash-to-cease-trading-on-bitfinex-secure-your-funds.5822/
https://dashtalk.org/threads/darkcoin-aka-dash-to-cease-trading-on-bitfinex.5825/

I mentioned this on BCT but got no responses....

I've been using the server component from newreilc.com for masternode monitoring and it seems to be working really well. I have email warnings setup for offline, high cpu %, high RAM, high network, etc... And they have simple, clean phone apps too.

This came in really handy for the previous memory leak.

Anyone else using this service? Best of all it's free.

You do have to install a lightweight daemon on the server to do the reporting. I assume the security concerns are minimal. I'd love to hear some other opinions from the community. I found little online in terms of reviews.

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 11.12.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 11.12.20 AM.png

That's the dilemma. I like DASH because it is hard to manipulate when compared to other "shit"coins. But, this at the same time has alienated itself in the way you described.
We need to have our own internal sales staff, kinda like how major IT hardware suppliers have inside big companies. Someone who lives at Wal Mart, essentially, who sees their needs from the inside. Now that we can vote for projects, such a thing could be established.

The ups and downs to this almost fit together like it was meant to be...

All the big guys have seen cryptocurrency already. We don't need a major educational campaign on this. They already see the problem as being "6 confirmations takes an hour? Are you kidding me? There's no way that'll work in my checkout lane..." DASH has the opportunity to actually be FASTER than everything they've already got.

If we supply the hardware, we supply the manpower, we see it from the inside the way they need it to work... There needs to be a "Inside Sales" Proposal for Wal Mart, Target, Publix, Whole Foods, Citgo, 7-Eleven, Chevron... Hit the places that Bitcoin wouldn't even waste it's time approaching because it knows the delay make it hopeless.

Set up what is essentially a custom implementation of bitpay, just for them.

We can pay the person right out of the blockchain now. It costs the retailer nothing. Even if they're skeptical, how can they say no to a no-lose situation?

This will beget the adoption. From that, people can then EVENTUALLY learn about the other benefits of DASH that other cryptos lack, instead of trying to tackle it from the front end, where all the red flags fly up and they reject it. DASH just does too much for the education to come on the front end. I know it's considered mean and uncouth to say so, but the general human population has gotten magically stupid in the last 15 years or so. Every generation suffers from getting dumber because technology gets easy to use, without them having to know how it works. There was a huge leap in that tech usability since the iPhone, and much money was made off of stupid people, and the process of making them even more stupid than they already were. It's a damn fact. You cannot acknowledge the advancement of making tech easy to use, without also acknowledging the reality that it makes people mentally lazy. Let them discover how effing amazing DASH is AFTER they're already using it, at their own pace, through the very act of being exposed to its use and slowly asking the questions that they should have been asking up front, but were too stupid to do... That's how most people learn these days... The hard way. They jump in and get burned until the figure it out or give up and swear it off. Let DASH be something they jump into and keep finding pleasant surprises!

As with most impossible paradoxes, such as those built into crypto (mining diff), the answer isn't a Holy Grail solution to a problem. It's about sneaking around behind the problem and nailing it with surprise buttsecks.

"Problem solved by deliberately NOT solving it!"

I didn't even realize it until I was writing this, but I'm the perfect guy for making the pitch for this in front of their boards of directors and stock holders, etc... Dammit, I like having cool ideas, but man... I'm not afraid to talk to people like that, I'm excited to tell them. It's not often I find something I want to do that is more than me, that is so important that I don't give a damn if I die doing it. It simply must be. This is that project...

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to have our own internal sales staff, kinda like how major IT hardware suppliers have inside big companies. Someone who lives at Wal Mart, essentially, who sees their needs from the inside. Now that we can vote for projects, such a thing could be established.

The ups and downs to this almost fit together like it was meant to be...

All the big guys have seen cryptocurrency already. We don't need a major educational campaign on this. They already see the problem as being "6 confirmations takes an hour? Are you kidding me? There's no way that'll work in my checkout lane..." DASH has the opportunity to actually be FASTER than everything they've already got.

If we supply the hardware, we supply the manpower, we see it from the inside the way they need it to work... There needs to be a "Inside Sales" Proposal for Wal Mart, Target, Publix, Whole Foods, Citgo, 7-Eleven, Chevron... Hit the places that Bitcoin wouldn't even waste it's time approaching because it knows the delay make it hopeless.

Set up what is essentially a custom implementation of bitpay, just for them.

We can pay the person right out of the blockchain now. It costs the retailer nothing. Even if they're skeptical, how can they say no to a no-lose situation?

This will beget the adoption. From that, people can then EVENTUALLY learn about the other benefits of DASH that other cryptos lack, instead of trying to tackle it from the front end, where all the red flags fly up and they reject it. DASH just does too much for the education to come on the front end. I know it's considered mean and uncouth to say so, but the general human population has gotten magically stupid in the last 15 years or so. Every generation suffers from getting dumber because technology gets easy to use, without them having to know how it works. There was a huge leap in that tech usability since the iPhone, and much money was made off of stupid people, and the process of making them even more stupid than they already were. It's a damn fact. You cannot acknowledge the advancement of making tech easy to use, without also acknowledging the reality that it makes people mentally lazy. Let them discover how effing amazing DASH is AFTER they're already using it, at their own pace, through the very act of being exposed to its use and slowly asking the questions that they should have been asking up front, but were too stupid to do... That's how most people learn these days... The hard way. They jump in and get burned until the figure it out or give up and swear it off. Let DASH be something they jump into and keep finding pleasant surprises!

As with most impossible paradoxes, such as those built into crypto (mining diff), the answer isn't a Holy Grail solution to a problem. It's about sneaking around behind the problem and nailing it with surprise buttsecks.

"Problem solved by deliberately NOT solving it!"

I didn't even realize it until I was writing this, but I'm the perfect guy for making the pitch for this in front of their boards of directors and stock holders, etc... Dammit, I like having cool ideas, but man... I'm not afraid to talk to people like that, I'm excited to tell them. It's not often I find something I want to do that is more than me, that is so important that I don't give a damn if I die doing it. It simply must be. This is that project...

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime.

YES! I would vote for that. How about a DASH only self checkout lane! We will need an android/ios app that works well first. Not that the current android app doesn't work, but it needs to be rock solid and easy to use.

Back