• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

wow.. deleted debug.log and got 5Gb free fixed thanks everybody
Glad you fixed it but that's very odd it got that big actually... wallet should shrink it automatically on restart (unless you have "-debug " option).

Which version? .47? What are the last 20-30 lines in debug.log there?

Actually, when upgrading from .46 to .47 i did not delete *.dat ...
I did that now, and will retry to see if this happens again.
Will send you log if it does.
Thanks for now.

One of my MNs is constantly dying on me... deamon just quits... Could it be bug?

When will we start using the new bug reporting system - the one we list on the official https://www.dashpay.io/community/ ?
I even submitted a bug there few weeks ago, but it still sits there idly and lonely :)
(i am talking about https://dashpay.atlassian.net/)

flare UdjinM6 eduffield
Hmm, I had forgotten all about JIRA... I thought issues were @ https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues

Ahem... NOT wallet.dat if you don't want to restart your Masternode.

Hey. Uff, really?
On the hot side, on my linux MN with empty wallet, only dashd... there is actually something tied to wallet.dat (after i "masternode start" it on the cold end?)
That would actually explain a few things...

Hey. Uff, really?
On the hot side, on my linux MN with empty wallet, only dashd... there is actually something tied to wallet.dat (after i "masternode start" it on the cold end?)
That would actually explain a few things...
Wondering too... :rolleyes: Shouldn't affect imo, all remote MN need is masternodeprivkey in dash.conf

Anyone else seeing potential memory issues on your nodes? i had to stop and start a bunch yesterday as memory usage by dashd had been steadily climbing until i finally stopped it at around 480M. I restarted dash and they were all back at ~190MB. Now about 24hrs later I checked and they are all between 300 and 370MB currently. See the attached chart for one server with 512MB RAM and 512MB swap. I'll keep watching it but it seems to be creeping up again. The each have about 20-30 connections which is on the low side historically, so I don't think that's the cause. All are on v47.

Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 10.19.48 PM.png

Yep. Mine .47 crashed overnight after running almost 5 days :eek:. Back to the end of the queue i guess :oops:

Also: If dashd crashes it doesnt remember it was started remotely. I have to go start it at my desktop wallet with "masternode start <password>"

Only when its closed properly with "dash-cli stop" and restarted it 'remembers' it was started.

No now i got it running again at work with my android SSH app, but cant activate it. Bummer!:sad:

You last sentence leads me to believe you didn't follow a masternode setup guide. Check this guide out and make sure your config files are correct on node and local machines and port 9999 is open and forwarded. Make sure ./dashd is running on the server and all blocks are loaded before you run the start command from your local machine.
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867820

I had no problems before this update. The only thing I didn't type in the console is "walletpassphrase YOURPASSWORD 120" - I just typed masternode start YOURPASSWORD
but I guess this can't be the reason. Will try again this evening. Thanks for the input ;-)

Anyone else seeing potential memory issues on your nodes? i had to stop and start a bunch yesterday as memory usage by dashd had been steadily climbing until i finally stopped it at around 480M. I restarted dash and they were all back at ~190MB. Now about 24hrs later I checked and they are all between 300 and 370MB currently. See the attached chart for one server with 512MB RAM and 512MB swap. I'll keep watching it but it seems to be creeping up again. The each have about 20-30 connections which is on the low side historically, so I don't think that's the cause. All are on v47.

View attachment 1819

I can confirm this --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues/568

Memory consumption goes from ~250M at startup time to ~620M after 4 days. May be a memory leak.

Well, I don't understand. I had my son's masternode die today, and after reading everyone's comments, I decided to restart my masternodes, deleting debug log, etc, not the blockchain, just as a precautionary measure. And now my memory usage went from 69% to 97% and climbing! I was hoping to lower it! Perhaps it will calm down in a few, I certainly hope so!

1 server, 4 cores, 1GB total, 2 nodes running (2 IP addresses)

I rebooted my server and the memory usage finally went down. Even so, my server uses well over 256 mb of ram per masternode, so those days are pretty much over :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My nodes without my start script have crashed. I think it has something to do with the debug.log filling up. The nodes that try to restart every 10 minutes have kept running but the debug logs are 5GB. Fyi, here it is if anyone wants to try it. I may create a nicer version that shutdowns the daemon, deletes the debug file and restarts, but haven't figures out how to get around a dashd process that won't shutdown properly.
#Create file start.sh and copy this text, save, and chmod +x start.sh
#To start: screen -dmS start.sh
#To stop: screen -X -S 123123 quit
while true; do
sleep 600
/home/dash/dashd
done

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no problems before this update. The only thing I didn't type in the console is "walletpassphrase YOURPASSWORD 120" - I just typed masternode start YOURPASSWORD
but I guess this can't be the reason. Will try again this evening. Thanks for the input ;-)
I would bet you have a dashd process that didn't shutdown correctly. Try running top and see if you have dashd running. To kill it type:
k
if it selected dashd hit enter, otherwise enter the process id number and enter
9 enter
control c or q to exit

Then try ./dashd and restart from your local wallet after it syncs.

Back