• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

I updated to .47 but I have a "cannot connect to <ip>" error in the debug console. In putty "getinfo" gives the same error. I use vultr and over there my server is up and running.
btw, do I only have to upload dashd and dash-cli to the server?
thx

Last edited by a moderator:
UdjinM6 Eduffield

I'm having problems with the "Last Paid" with Dashninja.pl, both during enforcement "off" (two days ago) and enforcement "on" (5 hrs ago) its reporting that i received MN payments for certain masternodes while i haven't received any payments whatsoever .... so either i'm still missing MN payments during enforcement "on" or that site is fetching wrong data ?

great
happy to put it up
is this a test to check your MN's ?
i am a tech idiot, so i do not understand what this is,
please give me good title and maybe short intro
(on Wiki under v12 Help ?)
Looks like it is back to testing. Had a node go down but no email.

This is a script that runs on one of your masternode servers. It sends you an email when any of your masternodes go down. Masternode Down Notificiation is a good term.

I updated to .47 but I have a "cannot connect to <ip>" error in the debug console. In putty "getinfo" gives the same error. I use vultr and over there my server is up and running.
btw, do I only have to upload dashd and dash-cli to the server?
thx
You last sentence leads me to believe you didn't follow a masternode setup guide. Check this guide out and make sure your config files are correct on node and local machines and port 9999 is open and forwarded. Make sure ./dashd is running on the server and all blocks are loaded before you run the start command from your local machine.
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867820

UdjinM6 Eduffield

I'm having problems with the "Last Paid" with Dashninja.pl, both during enforcement "off" (two days ago) and enforcement "on" (5 hrs ago) its reporting that i received MN payments for certain masternodes while i haven't received any payments whatsoever .... so either i'm still missing MN payments during enforcement "on" or that site is fetching wrong data ?
PM me MN address pls

UdjinM6 Eduffield

Dashninja.pl is a bit messed up for the last couple of days...some of my nodes have the right IP, but wrong address, some have payments that I don't have, some have none where I should have.

Best to check your Masternodes the old way via explorer.darkcoin.io for the moment.

My cold wallet has been stopped several times after update to v12.47, but it didn't stopped when using v11.x

Anybody has that problem?

My cold wallet has been stopped several times after update to v12.47, but it didn't stopped when using v11.x

Anybody has that problem?
Most people with that problem have <= 256mb memory. I noticed that my nodes use an average of 300mb, and my servers each have 512mb. But I have virtually unlimited pipes, and I suspect the wallet uses as much as it can, so it fills up??

Now, a lot of people do fine with 256, so I never spoke up before, but since I've been reading a lot of people having trouble, then increasing their memory fixed it, I thought I'd speak up?? Perhaps limiting your connections will help?

now I have another problem, my final node will not download the whole .tar.gz file
have tryed to restart server and tryed to redownload the file several times but always gets stuck somewhere in 44% )about 8mb and gives the explanation:
Cannot write to ´dash-o.12.0.47-linux64.tar.gz´ (Success).

Sry ... Retard moment .. disk was full

Most people with that problem have <= 256mb memory. I noticed that my nodes use an average of 300mb, and my servers each have 512mb. But I have virtually unlimited pipes, and I suspect the wallet uses as much as it can, so it fills up??

Now, a lot of people do fine with 256, so I never spoke up before, but since I've been reading a lot of people having trouble, then increasing their memory fixed it, I thought I'd speak up?? Perhaps limiting your connections will help?

No, my VPS has 768 MB of RAM

No, my VPS has 768 MB of RAM
Then the only thing I can say is that I always delete everything in my dash folder except my wallet.dat and dash.conf. Maybe one of the old files is causing trouble? Peers.dat is always singled out as a trouble maker? Sorry for the trouble!

now I have another problem, my final node will not download the whole .tar.gz file
have tryed to restart server and tryed to redownload the file several times but always gets stuck somewhere in 44% )about 8mb and gives the explanation:
Cannot write to ´dash-o.12.0.47-linux64.tar.gz´ (Success).

:what: dont understand that success thing cus only 8mb are dl and file corrupted.. :eek: Im going mad, nothing is working out for me

Edit: ofcourse I rm the file before i try again

perhaps make sure any previous versions were deleted? Sorry, that's all I can think of :/

perhaps make sure any previous versions were deleted? Sorry, that's all I can think of :/
yeah I did that, I have a 15gb storage on my vps but It is telling me that my disk is full, but i have just been using it for running the MN, is there some file that gets huuge from running a MN ,if so where do i find it ?

Then the only thing I can say is that I always delete everything in my dash folder except my wallet.dat and dash.conf. Maybe one of the old files is causing trouble? Peers.dat is always singled out as a trouble maker? Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks, I will try again.

yeah I did that, I have a 15gb storage on my vps but It is telling me that my disk is full, but i have just been using it for running the MN, is there some file that gets huuge from running a MN ,if so where do i find it ?
All files should be in ~/.dash
Probably debug.log but I'll wonder if you manage to get it bigger then 1Gb

What does df -h say?

What does df -h say?
It says that /dev/vda1 has 14G used and 15M avail, .. have to be su to reach that directory, dont know what i can del without screwing something up .. its strange becourse my other servers dont have so little space available

It says that /dev/vda1 has 14G used and 15M avail, .. have to be su to reach that directory, dont know what i can del without screwing something up .. its strange becourse my other servers dont have so little space available
Code:
du -hd 1
^^^^ should give you an overview for current folder. Run it in your home (i.e. "/home/username/" or "~ ").

That's odd, most of my servers (running Ubuntu 14.04) need about 7-8 GB _including_ the Dash-stuff.

Either you've installed a lot of additional software, or /var/log has a lot of unneeded log files. Same as with the debug.log from Dash.

Back