• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

Any chance of getting updates during office friendly hours and within a specific timeframe, such as on specifiy days only? That would make an admin's live a lot easier. Preparing and testing virtual appliances for distribution is a hell lot of work.

Is there some kind of mailinglist for dash updates? Something which states whether an update is really needed or can be postponed a week or so. I really don't know how your development cycles are. Do you tag a new version with every non critical code submission?
It would be nice if you could differentiate between important (critical) and less important changes which don't affect stability and compatibility.
On the official site please go to https://www.dashpay.io/downloads/
You will see "Mailing List", click on the link, that's where you can sign up for emails sent to you for Dash main updates.. Like this screenshot:

upload_2015-8-20_13-39-24.png

Hi,
www.dashwhale.org will have email notifications if your masternode stops or an update is needed.

As for updates during work hours, what county? This is a worldwide currency.

Doesn't matter which country. It would be enough to stick to specific days and times so there aren't any updates out of the blue :O

You will see "Mailing List", click on the link, that's where you can sign up for Dash main updates.

Thanks, bud.

I have this same problem on Ubuntu, since testing - as has someone else, but I never saw a post explaining why or what to do:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12182210#msg12182210

I've been opening a terminal to execute dash-qt because of this. And this is not an issue with having the executable box checked in properties. It's simply not looking or acting like a double clickable executable. Did a setting get messed up? It's annoying not to be able to use it GUI style. This happens on my laptop and ubuntu box.

Since it's not just me, I'd appreciate the help, so I can help others, thanks.

Your problem made me think. Well, I did some test on a ubuntu workstation today. It seems, that the file type is reported as a shared library which normally can't be executed and ubuntu notifying you about this.
Code:
> file dash-qt
dash-qt: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=cb0c908c8ce1707866c5a5bbee24d1da2da97e62, stripped

The file manager of ubuntu check the file type and try to find an application to run it with. But why is it working on the shell? A shell just looks if the executable bit is set regardless of what type of file it is.

Solution: The devs have to "re"-add the correct file type.

I actually do not have a problem with more frequent update during this major version bump. Why? because my MN would have been restarted if it was updated and it would not be in a deadlock.

We do not have 47 yet, if it's on dashninja, it's probably the devs are testing it. Or someone compiled from source.

*********** v12.0.47 *************

There is a small issue with the way the masternode payment cycle is being calculated, which we've fixed in v47. This will fix the payment cycle so that it doesn't have issues during a network upgrades. Please update if you're running a masternode (end users and pools can stay on v46)

https://www.dashpay.io/downloads/
Are you sure the versions of files inside zips are updated? Linux64 and win64 still say .46.

now load!
sha256sum dash-0.12.0.47-linux64.tar.gz [21:06:11]
e82d9d230d2446b2961e8c7a945e5add531f9e5721751a182374cbfb2181dcb4 dash-0.12.0.47-linux64.tar.gz

Back