• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

If ya not sure about the difference between dashd and dash-cli and how to issue commands here's a video I made that might help.
Sorry for quality of video had to go kinda quick cause I'm on a short time schedule right now.

Please Note: the dashd and dash-cli clients should be in the same directory. I'm sure there's ways around this but I not gonna be showing you that today.

Also Note: I'm running the dashd on my local machine. Assuming you are ssh'ing into a VPS or something of the sort it's all the same non-the-less. I do have to use two terminals though.

Last Note: Make sure you chmod dashd and dash-cli as you normally would.

Last edited:
Now I clicked your video to learn what the dash-tx is about, but you didn't show :p Thanks for the tutorial anyway.

from the bitcoin 0.10 release notes (https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.10.0):

bitcoin-tx is a newly introduced command line utility designed to enable easy manipulation of bitcoin transactions. A summary of its operation may be obtained via “bitcoin-tx –help” Transactions may be created or signed in a manner similar to the RPC raw tx API. Transactions may be updated, deleting inputs or outputs, or appending new inputs and outputs. Custom scripts may be easily composed using a simple text notation, borrowed from the bitcoin test suite.

This tool may be used for experimenting with new transaction types, signing multi-party transactions, and many other uses. Long term, the goal is to deprecate and remove “pure function” RPC API calls, as those do not require a server round-trip to execute.
just replace "bitcoin" with "dash" and you're in business :)

Now I clicked your video to learn what the dash-tx is about, but you didn't show :p Thanks for the tutorial anyway.
Buster was trying to help but he had little time and forgot to mention "dash-tx.exe"... But I collected the sites that explain those rpc commands and posted here, hope it can help:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-152#post-63729

At my current rate, 19+ help videos with over 60 hours of my time dedicated and only 7 dash donation to me that is currently $2.85 an hour and I'm being modest. Want better videos, wanna know how to use dash-tx, then pay a professional. Sorry for the butt hurt response just tired of ungrateful people and u hit the nail on the coffin for me.

At my current rate, 19+ help videos with over 60 hours of my time dedicated and only 7 dash donation to me that is currently $2.85 an hour and I'm being modest. Want better videos, wanna know how to use dash-tx, then pay a professional. Sorry for the butt hurt response just tired of ungrateful people and u hit the nail on the coffin for me.
I'm going to double that but you should put your address in your signature :tongue:

Hi,

I think the new version need more resource, what I'm seen is that my MN crashed more often, (not so much but 2 out of 15 last 24h).
Maybe we'll need to have better VPS? But should be interesting to know of it's RAM that is needed (most probably), or cpu? Or Bandwidth?

Also someone on BCT complaining about the crash of his MN (and saw some message here also from Tao,...). I think we have to check this carefully as I think that some MN operators are capable to sold their MN, if they didn't have their payment with silver spoon directly in their mouth ;) A part of this it's important to have stable daemon for MN, also for an healthy Network.

Donated a little something, but I second that you should update your sig, thanks for all the work,
fb85622624a4f679c....

Hi,

I think the new version need more resource, what I'm seen is that my MN crashed more often, (not so much but 2 out of 15 last 24h).
Maybe we'll need to have better VPS? But should be interesting to know of it's RAM that is needed (most probably), or cpu? Or Bandwidth?

Also someone on BCT complaining about the crash of his MN (and saw some message here also from Tao,...). I think we have to check this carefully as I think that some MN operators are capable to sold their MN, if they didn't have their payment with silver spoon directly in their mouth ;) A part of this it's important to have stable daemon for MN, also for an healthy Network.

Like elbereth mention, you need for the new release at least 350 MB RAM to be safe. Mine needs 329 MB RAM in a high performance debian jessie system.
CPU: in my opinion not the problem, mine needs 238 MHz.

Ok, will check what is the specification of my VPS (don't remember, I'm with 4 different provider lol).

Also maybe the old versions made some noise that perturb the daemon.

Sent 10 your way buddy! Keep the tutorials coming!

I'm going to double that but you should put your address in your signature :tongue:

Donated a little something, but I second that you should update your sig, thanks for all the work,
fb85622624a4f679c....

Sent 10 your way buddy! Keep the tutorials coming!

Hey I appreciate this. I don't put my address in my sig, I don't paste it all over, because I dont want people to assume that's the reason i do this. Honestly I am happy to help, I enjoy it. Probably just a little edgy this morning and the original response I read set me off. But it's not a big deal, a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into this project. The thing that really matters is showing those people you are grateful for what they do. If there's a mistake in a video, point it out, but don't make me feel bad about it.

My nodes have also been dropping like flies. JFYI.

Pablo.

Hey I appreciate this. I don't put my address in my sig, I don't paste it all over, because I dont want people to assume that's the reason i do this. Honestly I am happy to help, I enjoy it. Probably just a little edgy this morning and the original response I read set me off. But it's not a big deal, a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into this project. The thing that really matters is showing those people you are grateful for what they do. If there's a mistake in a video, point it out, but don't make me feel bad about it.
Its cool, you have to draw the line somewhere, the (mainly selfish and lazy) nature of people combined with the internet means it will always suck way more of our personnal energy than any of us can ever give.

Bill, thanks for doing that video for us... You know we love you and your sexy voice on the podcast.. Don't give up doing what's right for this coin.. Thanks again! :smile:

Now on the other hand... i think we need to give bertlebbert a few tasks to help us out.... lol..

Errr.. That's supposed to be a tipping address, not the one for a salary so I see no issues with that in my (your, anyone's) signature. It's just a way to simplify life for people who want to show you their appreciation. Or at least I hope that no one is thinking about address in my signature as a payment demanding feature :rolleyes:

Anyway, of course it's your choice whether to add it or not... I just sent to address under that video and hope that it's yours :grin:

Just a friendly reminder....

Everyone please update... If you're a miner, or pool operators, or exchange operators.. Please update to the latest version. Thank you.

Evan has sent out emails and we're going to send out more emails to remind folks. If you haven't got an email and would like to receive update emails in the future, please get on our mailing list:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1t_iWT-M-_4FV_RqqLPNtlrEqQaD0GPO76cUrMMGiUFI/viewform

For wallet updates please visit https://www.dashpay.io/downloads/

Thank you all!

Back