• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

Just a note, from v 47 to v 49, I went from 69% memory usage to 40, so something is working. Except for my son's MN halting on 47 at one point, I've had no troubles with any of the versions. I hope I didn't just jinx it though (ducks)

Just a note, from v 47 to v 49, I went from 69% memory usage to 40, so something is working. Except for my son's MN halting on 47 at one point, I've had no troubles with any of the versions. I hope I didn't just jinx it though (ducks)
You had to say something, didn't you? :confused:

All mine are ok, since more than 3, 4 hours...

Crashed? Or delisted?
If delisted check version of your cold wallet where you launch the start.

Edit..hmmm no protocol bump so no cold start was needed ;)

sorry guys
i think your are right
got delisted
thx

8/5 - Turn off enforcement / network upgrade
8/7-12 - Turn on enforcement
8/24 - Hard fork to allow for super blocks
9/6 - The very first budget block will be 332320, so that's quite a ways off (about 36 days from today)

https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-105#post-61537

Can we get an update on this? How does the "hard fork" indicated in Step 2 differ from the typical "spork" that we are used to? Hopefully it's not going to be a "cross your fingers and pray" thing like RC3's (several) attempted forks? Has it already happened, or was this date pushed back when the release was pushed back? Is the first budget block still planned for 9/6?

Can we get an update on this? How does the "hard fork" indicated in Step 2 differ from the typical "spork" that we are used to? Hopefully it's not going to be a "cross your fingers and pray" thing like RC3's (several) attempted forks? Has it already happened, or was this date pushed back when the release was pushed back? Is the first budget block still planned for 9/6?

By Evan
Step 1 and 2 are done and were successful. We shouldn't have any failures like RC3 anymore, we have a nice framework for expansion and there's nothing in the plans that could cause issues like that one.
Step 3 isn't going to cause any problems, it's basically 4 lines of code
Step 4 was tested extensively. I'll be pushing out the first budget proposal soon, then we should see the successful payment of those items on September 6th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12251112#msg12251112

Hi, I have two questions...

1. When you boot up the wallet the "synchronizing masternode winners" seems to take a long time. Kind of a black eye. Will that get faster?
2. Is it possible to incorporate electrum server into the masternodes, or is that a bad idea?

- G

Hi, I have two questions...

1. When you boot up the wallet the "synchronizing masternode winners" seems to take a long time. Kind of a black eye. Will that get faster?
2. Is it possible to incorporate electrum server into the masternodes, or is that a bad idea?

- G
1. I think if you delete peers.dat it will sync faster, also if the debug.log is too big from the previous run, i would delete it also. Then restart the wallet.
2. Wow... just the same question I'm waiting to ask the devs when they're not busy... :)

If anyone wants to try a restart script this should work. Posted on BT.

Copy code below and paste into mn_watch.sh file. Type nano mn_watch.sh, paste with right click, and control x, y, enter to save. Change dashuser to your user name.

#!/bin/bash
#run with: screen -dm /mn_watch.sh
#stop with: screen -ls to find number and screen -X -S 11111 kill
while true; do
if [ -z `pidof dashd` ]; then
echo Dashd is not running trying to start
/home/dashuser/dashd
sleep 600
else
echo Dashd is Running
sleep 600
fi
done​

type:
chmod +x mn_watch.sh​

You can test it by running:
./mn_watch.sh​
It will stop working as soon as you logout though, so we need to install screen to have it run in the background. Run this to install screen. (Assuming you are running Ubuntu.)
apt-get install screen​

to start with screen type:
screen -dm /mn_watch.sh​

This will run forever, so if you want it to stop type
screen -ls and get the number replace that with the 11111 below.
screen -X -S 11111 kill​

I set this up to run every 10 minutes, just because it will be a pain if you are updating and every minute it tries to restart dashd.

UdjinM6 posted the crontab version on BT here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.new#new

Last edited by a moderator:
The current state of the union....

upload_2015-8-26_19-46-45.png

If anyone wants to try a restart script this should work. Posted on BT.

Copy code below and paste into mn_watch.sh file. Type nano mn_watch.sh, paste with right click, and control x, y, enter to save. Change dashuser to your user name.

#!/bin/bash
#run with: screen -dm /mn_watch.sh
#stop with: screen -ls to find number and screen -X -S 11111 kill
while true; do
if [ -z `pidof dashd` ]; then
echo Dashd is not running trying to start
/home/dashuser/dashd
sleep 600
else
echo Dashd is Running
sleep 600
fi
done​

type:
chmod +x mn_watch.sh​

You can test it by running:
./mn_watch.sh​
It will stop working as soon as you logout though, so we need to install screen to have it run in the background. Run this to install screen. (Assuming you are running Ubuntu.)
apt-get install screen​

to start with screen type:
screen -dm /mn_watch.sh​

This will run forever, so if you want it to stop type
screen -ls and get the number replace that with the 11111 below.
screen -X -S 11111 kill​

I set this up to run every 10 minutes, just because it will be a pain if you are updating and every minute it tries to restart dashd.

UdjinM6 posted the crontab version on BT here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.new#new

This is a little longer then I remember - ?? - different one maybe - nummm
I'll have to look at this tonight :-D

This is a little longer then I remember - ?? - different one maybe - nummm
I'll have to look at this tonight :-D
Yep. Changed it to test if dashd was running first like in UdjinM6's post. Otherwise, you can just remove the if [ ] and try to run dashd each time. It won't run twice so that should also work. This new way may be less prone to a double start.

Ideally, you would want to run dash-cli getinfo and check if the block is higher than 20 minutes before. If not (or if no output) then dash-cli stop and check that process is not hung. If hung, kill -9 it and dashd to start. The dashwhale updater is planning to check blocks too. Really, though if dashd isn't stable for more than x days, it would be easier to just stop and start once a day.

Well, here's a script for windows - it checks status of your MNs, and re-starts any that are down.
(Just create a .bat file and paste the following - change paths in the 3 'set' lines and PASSWORD if encrypted, to your own specifications).

Code:
@echo off & setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

set dash-cli_dir=C:\Program Files\Dash
set data_dir=C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Dash
set mnconf_dir=C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Dash
set PASSWORD=************

type nul > My_MNs.txt

for /f tokens^=1^-3^ useback^ delims^=^:^"^-^{^}^  %%A in (`"!dash-cli_dir!\dash-cli.exe" -datadir^=!data_dir! masternodelist`) do (
findstr /E /C:"%%A %%B%" "!mn-conf_dir!\masternode.conf!">>My_MNs.txt
)

for /f "useback" %%A in (`findstr /V /G:"My_MNs.txt" "!mn-conf_dir!\masternode.conf!"`) do (
if errorlevel 0 echo  %%A is down, re-starting now: & !dash-cli_dir!\dash-cli.exe -datadir^=!data_dir! masternode start-alias %%A !PASSWORD!
)
:del My_MNs.txt
: if you prefer not to have that file, just uncomment the prededing line.

Edit: I had omitted but just now added back the PASSWORD bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here's a script for windows - it checks status of your MNs, and re-starts any that are down.
(Just create a .bat file and paste the following - change paths in the 3 'set' lines and PASSWORD if encrypted, to your own specifications).

Code:
@echo off & setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

set dash-cli_dir=C:\Program Files\Dash
set data_dir=C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Dash
set mnconf_dir=C:\Users\Bert\AppData\Roaming\Dash
set PASSWORD=************

type nul > My_MNs.txt

for /f tokens^=1^-3^ useback^ delims^=^:^"^-^{^}^  %%A in (`"!dash-cli_dir!\dash-cli.exe" -datadir^=!data_dir! masternodelist`) do (
findstr /E /C:"%%A %%B%" "!mn-conf_dir!\masternode.conf!">>My_MNs.txt
)

for /f "useback" %%A in (`findstr /V /G:"My_MNs.txt" "!mn-conf_dir!\masternode.conf!"`) do (
if errorlevel 0 echo  %%A is down, re-starting now: & !dash-cli_dir!\dash-cli.exe -datadir^=!data_dir! masternode start-alias %%A !PASSWORD!
)
:del My_MNs.txt
: if you prefer not to have that file, just uncomment the prededing line.

Edit: I had omitted but just now added back the PASSWORD bit.
Wow that is some complicated code to get a simple grep command. LOL. Nice work.

Can a masternode automatically hot start for a certain amount of time if it is delisted? Maybe this should wait 30 minutes for it to try to restart itself before running the start-alias. Along with that, add a restart every 10 minutes script on the node.

Back