• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12.1 Testnet Launch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
0TjHjHk.png

Indeed having the keys left for PS is awesome!
Will there be some kind of red notice or popup window once the keys get closer to certain amount or will it backup the wallet and stop itself before going forward with mixing or a button next to which will add the keys?
Good to see that the main interface is without too many things and you can enable the PS interface in additional wallet options.

0TjHjHk.png

Indeed having the keys left for PS is awesome!
Will there be some kind of red notice or popup window once the keys get closer to certain amount or will it backup the wallet and stop itself before going forward with mixing or a button next to which will add the keys?
Good to see that the main interface is without too many things and you can enable the PS interface in additional wallet options.
There are 2 thresholds:
100 keys left - "it's getting dangerous" - modal dialog popup, wallet will make new backup after user clicks OK (or it will make backup without asking anything if you run in daemon mode), reset key count if backup succeeded.
50 keys left - "definitely dangerous" - for whatever reason user didn't respond to warning at 100 keys level and keypool is getting depleted even further, stop/disable mixing.

There are 2 thresholds:
100 keys left - "it's getting dangerous" - modal dialog popup, wallet will make new backup after user clicks OK (or it will make backup without asking anything if you run in daemon mode), reset key count if backup succeeded.
50 keys left - "definitely dangerous" - for whatever reason user didn't respond to warning at 100 keys level and keypool is getting depleted even further, stop/disable mixing.
That would be awesome @UdjinM6, wait, it is already done? :)

Last edited:
There are 2 thresholds:
Great feature that will hopefully save a lot of problems. Keep up the great work guys!

There are 2 thresholds:
And what about liquidityprovider=1? On testnet it's about 1-2 tx per hour - not fast to see warning.

And what about liquidityprovider=1? On testnet it's about 1-2 tx per hour - not fast to see warning.
Good question! Should work as well, though I didn't test this case specifically. Probably a good idea to run in daemon mode in this particular case - should be no warnings i.e. no mixing interraption, only automatic backups (if there is enough disk space, correct permissions etc).

If automatic backup in PS indeed works as intended without any side-effects, does that mean we are going to set multi-session PS mixing on default on Mainnet ?

If automatic backup in PS indeed works as intended without any side-effects, does that mean we are going to set multi-session PS mixing on default on Mainnet ?
I'm not sure... I would still require user to make this decision himself but we can make his life a bit easier by exposing this feature to GUI so that it was easily controllable.
Smth like that https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/891 maybe ;)

That sounds great guys, but nothing is going to be as good as Evolution, where no backups are required. That one feature will seriously make Dash mass adoptable. I can't wait!

Evolution, where no backups are required.
What if I want to do it old school? Can I opt-out of the cloud-stored deterministic features and facebook-of-crypto features?

I really don't like the idea of one mere password unlocking all of the money I have, and ever will have... And, I prefer using addresses for real control of where and how my coins move.

I realize these features are crutches to bring DASH to the clueless, but are we going to pull a Microsoft? So desperate to go after Apple's market share that they abandoned their existing user base... Now Windows is impossible to use for what little is left that it does...

Are the crutches going to get in the way for more intelligent users?

What if I want to do it old school? Can I opt-out of the cloud-stored deterministic features and facebook-of-crypto features?

I really don't like the idea of one mere password unlocking all of the money I have, and ever will have... And, I prefer using addresses for real control of where and how my coins move.

I realize these features are crutches to bring DASH to the clueless, but are we going to pull a Microsoft? So desperate to go after Apple's market share that they abandoned their existing user base... Now Windows is impossible to use for what little is left that it does...

As I understood it, Evolution will be completely optional. The dash-qt wallet is not going anywhere AFAIK. The people who need the ease of use of Evolution will stick with that, but the people who started on this and enjoy it, or the ones who want to see how it works under the hood, will still be able to kick it old school....

Tao is right, The old wallet will still be available. Personally, I look forward to keeping my MNs and possibly, if I can ever accumulate, my "main" storage of funds in a QT or wallet.dat * file, but my spending money will undoubtedly be in Evolution. So it'll be the best of both worlds. Kind of like a savings/CD account and a checking account only better :D

*Or better still, a hardware wallet :p

I had a thought... Kinda like backwards MN blinding.

Right now, MNs are completely exposed entities. Would a subset or stripped-down version of this Facebook-of-crypto functionality be able to send MN's payments to a different address other than the 1000VIN address? A different one every time?

Could adding this stripped-down version actually serve as a test for the concept and an incremental feature add at the same time? MNs actually become a payee entity of sorts in the network's eyes utilizing a similar mechanism?

I had a thought... Kinda like backwards MN blinding.

Right now, MNs are completely exposed entities. Would a subset or stripped-down version of this Facebook-of-crypto functionality be able to send MN's payments to a different address other than the 1000VIN address? A different one every time?

Could adding this stripped-down version actually serve as a test for the concept and an incremental feature add at the same time? MNs actually become a payee entity of sorts in the network's eyes utilizing a similar mechanism?
Interesting idea, however MNs are identified not by the payee address but by the vin really (we need to know if it's still unspent), so even if from blockchain perspective it could look like address has nothing to do with MN for online node it should be obvious which MN is getting payed every block (or there is no consensus). "Facebook-of-crypto" functionality for end users does not affect consensus in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back