v0.16 Testing

codablock

Core Developer
Mar 29, 2017
@xkcd Yepp, you've already spotted it :)

We've activated spork21 yesterday. Shortly after that, I accidentally spent collaterals of 150 tMNs due to a bug in one of my provisioning scripts :D

I've setup 300 new MNs with 0.16 and 75 with 0.15. Spork21 already caused multiple of the 0.15 MNs to get PoSe banned, so the new PoSe improvements seems to work as expected. We'll monitor this a few more days and expect all old MNs to get banned by then.

InstantSend is unstable atm, due to the mistake I made yesterday. It should get back on track in the following hours.

xkcd

Masternode Owner/Operator
Feb 19, 2017
australia
mnowatch.org
Dash Address
XpoZXRfr2iFxWhfRSAK3j1jww9xd4tJVez
Guys, I need to determine if we have a UI bug in RC2, I had a wallet setup to do nothing but mixing and noted these txes on my overview tab, my understanding is that mixing TXes should be filtered from this screen, is that true? Also, is this a new bug or also happening in v15.0 ?

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
Guys, I need to determine if we have a UI bug in RC2, I had a wallet setup to do nothing but mixing and noted these txes on my overview tab, my understanding is that mixing TXes should be filtered from this screen, is that true? Also, is this a new bug or also happening in v15.0 ?

RC1 only had 'payment to yourself' mixing txes visible on our overview tab (Recent Transactions), which got classified as a bug by Pasta. If your transactions in RC2 are indeed 'payment to yourself' mixing txes, then that is a known bug for v0.16.
(RC1 & RC2)

See : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/v0-16-testing.50294/#post-222478

I am not sure if this bug is also present in our Mainnet v0.15 code base.

Last edited:

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
Currently in v0.16 prune works on lite mode wallets through commandline option -litemode -txindex=0 -prune=945

Link : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/3488

Testnet Wallet : 1,91 GB
Prune Testnet Wallet : 1,09 GB

Will it be possible to implement -txindex=0 -prune=945 on masternodes (mainnet) some day ?
It sure would be handy to limit or reduce expensive SSD storage space for masternodes.
Or will prune be technically impossible on masternodes ?

Downside of prune is having to download the full blockchain in case of blockchain problems
and -reindex / -rescan not working.

Last edited:

xkcd

Masternode Owner/Operator
Feb 19, 2017
australia
mnowatch.org
Dash Address
XpoZXRfr2iFxWhfRSAK3j1jww9xd4tJVez
Currently in v0.16 prune works on lite mode wallets through commandline option -litemode -txindex=0 -prune=945

Link : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/3488

Testnet Wallet : 1,91 GB
Prune Testnet Wallet : 1,09 GB

Will it be possible to implement -txindex=0 -prune=945 on masternodes (mainnet) some day ?
It sure would be handy to limit or reduce expensive SSD storage space for masternodes.
Or will prune be technically impossible on masternodes ?

Downside of prune is having to download the full blockchain in case of blockchain problems
and -reindex / -rescan not working.
hahaha, you're gonna love Platform when it launches, each MN needs to keep a fully indexed node (2x space requirement), a running insight, 11 Docker containers o_O and a SSL/TLS cert. :p