• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

I don't see how people can be confused on that question, it's clearly that miner's wallet address has nothing to do with that IP.

On the other hand, do you know if this post is really about a problem (that I have no clue what it's talking about)?:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/v0-11-2-x-testing.4202/page-36#post-50756
Well, duplicate IPs is a known problem, nothing new on that. Even on elbereth site you can see "Total Masternodes: 2383 = 2377 actives + 6 inactives [2112 unique IPs]" https://dashninja.pl/masternodes.html or "Current Number of Masternodes: 2384 (unique IPs: 2116)" on page by crowning http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html.
And this node have yet another IP Address: 37.157.253.66 now but I don't see anything special about it...

Thanks for looking guys, I'm in and out, and didn't investigate myself. Just wanted to be sure that if there was a problem, somebody should know :)

So does this mean that people are running more than one MN on one ip address? and if so, are they only getting paid half the time? I'd think that's what would happen, no? If so, it's kind of their problem, no?

Thanks for looking guys, I'm in and out, and didn't investigate myself. Just wanted to be sure that if there was a problem, somebody should know :)

So does this mean that people are running more than one MN on one ip address? and if so, are they only getting paid half the time? I'd think that's what would happen, no? If so, it's kind of their problem, no?
http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-116 :smile:

Well, duplicate IPs is a known problem, nothing new on that. Even on elbereth site you can see "Total Masternodes: 2383 = 2377 actives + 6 inactives [2112 unique IPs]" https://dashninja.pl/masternodes.html or "Current Number of Masternodes: 2384 (unique IPs: 2116)" on page by crowning http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html.
And this node have yet another IP Address: 37.157.253.66 now but I don't see anything special about it...

The special thing here is, I'm running 1 masternode on 1 vps/ip address. However my IP address was shown 2 times with ./dashd masternodelist, and one of the nodes using it is on Choopa, while I'm on Digital Ocean. Another masternode shouldn't be able to spoof my IP address and siphon of my masternode payments ...

Anyway, after a couple of hours the bandit was gone. But not sure if this could happen again..

yep, np :smile:

Just DO NOT PANIC!!!!!! :grin:
HI UdjinM6. thanks....no I was certainly not panicking. I'm in crypto for education some fun and maybe few years from now have a good little stash of Dash to add to my retirement. I was just curious.

No word if we get to beta test the mobile wallets? ;)

The special thing here is, I'm running 1 masternode on 1 vps/ip address. However my IP address was shown 2 times with ./dashd masternodelist, and one of the nodes using it is on Choopa, while I'm on Digital Ocean. Another masternode shouldn't be able to spoof my IP address and siphon of my masternode payments ...

Anyway, after a couple of hours the bandit was gone. But not sure if this could happen again..
Please follow link in my post above (jira).

TL;DR: That's one of the issues PoSe should solve but it's not yet implemented.

HI UdjinM6. thanks....no I was certainly not panicking. I'm in crypto for education some fun and maybe few years from now have a good little stash of Dash to add to my retirement. I was just curious.

No word if we get to beta test the mobile wallets? ;)
I was just kidding, I know you not going to dump and scream when someone post something :wink: sorry if that was not clear :oops:

I'd love to test iPhone wallet too but it's not yet ready even for internal testing afaik. All I know is some parts (X11 and network) is proved to be working. Waiting eagerly for the first test build too :rolleyes:

well...all is well. wow...had several hours in transit to kill and spent all my time trying to fight trolls. pointless I know..but I only had my smartphone or a airport magazine. I fought trolls. There is no winning though. So I'm staying off BCT for the next month, I'm not even logging on. You guys are my support group.

In the mean time....when is there something to test again?

However, it might not be a bad idea for the wallet to create a backup each time it's started or stopped?

Since extensive wallet-backups once saved my precious Litecoin-ass (back in the days when Litecoin still had some value) I'm implementing something like this right now.

Maybe Evan even approves it :smile:

Update: done, see https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/306

Last edited by a moderator:
spent all my time trying to fight trolls. pointless I know..
It is only pointless if you subscribe to the theory that ignoring them is the best way to handle them. Not everyone thinks it is, and your perseverance over the last few weeks was appreciated by those of us who choose to read the entire thread, warts and all.

It is only pointless if you subscribe to the theory that ignoring them is the best way to handle them. Not everyone thinks it is, and your perseverance over the last few weeks was appreciated by those of us who choose to read the entire thread, warts and all.
Thanks Bridgewater. I think it's pointless only because they can and never will change. Further... I think in the end, I become totally frustrated in the process. It's annoying and in the end corrosive. The lines become blurred between their actions and my counter reactions . I've wasted several weeks of free time and not accomplished anything. It's better that I avoid that situation altogether.

Since extensive wallet-backups once saved my precious Litecoin-ass (back in the days when Litecoin still had some value) I'm implementing something like this right now.

Maybe Evan even approves it :smile:

That's really cool! I think I lost some of my dark because I did darksend then didn't back up my wallet, and accidentally deleted a recent version. So yah, good idea!

Actually, I'm thankful for those of you who keep the record straight. I can't do it anymore because it just gets me so down now. It's great when you all do that but keep the quotes away, that way, my blood pressure doesn't go up, LOL. It's inconceivable to me that people can be so crooked! But of course, I intellectually know they are, yet it's still hard to take, LOL.

{"Result":"rogue","SubVer":"\/Core:0.11.2.22\/","NextCheck":"1428783496","ErrorMessage":"dseep [6473656570]"},

This is the result from Dashninja's api regarding one of my MN's. I realize I am a non-conformist, but hadn't though I had gone Rogue! :grin:
Any ideas what this implies?

Two things: I am still not getting the correct number of masternodes on the INFO page. I tried deleting mncache.dat, peers,dat, and a -reindex. upload_2015-4-11_16-26-20.png
I have another wallet, on same computer, that responds correctly. Any ideas?

Also could somebody go into Djira and update the versions so we can open tickets?

Yeah, I like that feature too but I know no way to do this by css only, that will require some code changes imo
Udjin, Snogcel,
Wouldn't this just be splitting the value into two separate display fields and then applying the font change? Sorry not much of a CSS guy. My last programming efforts were dbase/clipper and a little RPG. (Oops, showing my age) :eek:

Udjin, Snogcel,
Wouldn't this just be splitting the value into two separate display fields and then applying the font change? Sorry not much of a CSS guy. My last programming efforts were dbase/clipper and a little RPG. (Oops, showing my age) :eek:

It would need an additional field in the Qt-form and some C++ coding to fill it.

I can do this if wanted by the general public and agreed to by eduffield :smile:

Two things: I am still not getting the correct number of masternodes on the INFO page. I tried deleting mncache.dat, peers,dat, and a -reindex. View attachment 1329
I have another wallet, on same computer, that responds correctly. Any ideas?

Also could somebody go into Djira and update the versions so we can open tickets?
Testnet is kinda dead now... So I think probably your wallet was on a wrong fork and that was why it saw only 2 MNs.

If you put this wallet on Mainnet and it sees correct number of MNs then there's nothing to worry about. :)

Back