• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0 - Darkcoin Core Release

Just entertaining the crowd while we in this "forking" limbo. Who can resist almost 15k views ?

OoR4foW.png

Talking of views... How's the network doing?

7e5x7rO.jpg

Ok ok... I'll stop now. Evan is around, so soon enough we're back in business...

LOL.........................................................

All my Masternodes are currently on 0.11.0.11 and are showing up with "Safe mode Warning The network does not appear to fully agree! Some miners appear to be experiencing issues". Similarly to how others have described. I assume this is to make operator aware that a fork has occurred?

I've tried " getblock" on the Debug console of one of my Masternodes and I'm currently getting block not found (code-5). I've already tried reindexing. Are any other Masternode owners experiencing the same issues? I can't seem to get them onto the correct block.
http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/Darkcoin is in sync now, you can check block height against it.
Try to delete peers.dat first before reindexing.

All my Masternodes are currently on 0.11.0.11 and are showing up with "Safe mode Warning The network does not appear to fully agree! Some miners appear to be experiencing issues". Similarly to how others have described. I assume this is to make operator aware that a fork has occurred?

I've tried " getblock" on the Debug console of one of my Masternodes and I'm currently getting block not found (code-5). I've already tried reindexing. Are any other Masternode owners experiencing the same issues? I can't seem to get them onto the correct block.

Hi
I had this warning this morning and what I did was:
Code:
./darkcoind stop
cd .darkcoin
rm peers.dat
cd ..
./darkcoind start -reindex

After this the problem did not dissapear but now I checked and it's gone. Seems I am on the right fork now.

Hi
I had this warning this morning and what I did was:
Code:
./darkcoind stop
cd .darkcoin
rm peers.dat
cd ..
./darkcoind start -reindex

After this the problem did not dissapear but now I checked and it's gone. Seems I am on the right fork now.

I just did the same for all of mine and they seem to be alive again.

Schrodinger's Fork,
i.e. it doesn't know whether its eating chicken or is on the desert already, which is pretty silly because the desert is custard.

Agreed, but the limiting factor is not the MN's, but the miners, to achieve consensus. From there, banning old clients is peanuts.
Time to mobilize the Pool Police again? Waiting on Evan for further instructions.

Splawik, get your guns ready just in case ;)

Well, this fork has become a bit of a clusterfuck for my MN set up. Constantly getting kicked off, updating, reindexing etc. Going to take the opportunity to consolidate my set up and utilise this start-many function I think... Sounds like a good idea as I type this but no doubt I'm about to enter a world of pain...! :tongue:

Well, this fork has become a bit of a clusterfuck for my MN set up. Constantly getting kicked off, updating, reindexing etc. Going to take the opportunity to consolidate my set up and utilise this start-many function I think... Sounds like a good idea as I type this but no doubt I'm about to enter a world of pain...! :tongue:
It's a piece of cake.

Import all your MN collateral address privkeys into one wallet, set up your masternode.conf exactly as described in the /doc/masternode.conf-md file, unlock your wallet and 'masternode start-many' - you'll be glad you've done it when you've done it. :smile:

My MNs all seem to be still OK, about 12 hrs after this mornings group -reindexing session.

Absolutely sickening seeing how many Onyx masternodes are still out there. You shitbags don't deserve a single fucking payment you lazy bums.

Lazyness is one thing. They just don't want to miss a payment. So development is slowing down, price will drop, all this because of a few missed $$.

well all righty then... --reindex put me on a different fork which sucks... thought i had hit the lottery with found blocks. So evidently i was on the wrong fork even though i was running 11.0.11. My major bitch here is that I had my 100 drk mixing and even though I was obviously on the wrong fork I was still charged .5 in fees... wtf.

Agreed, but the limiting factor is not the MN's, but the miners, to achieve consensus. From there, banning old clients is peanuts.
Time to mobilize the Pool Police again? Waiting on Evan for further instructions.

Splawik, get your guns ready just in case ;)
No problem for me, if I have the precise info like drk.mn on right version which will point which pools are on different ver I can do it with pleasure. Can start since tomorrow not earlier.

It's a piece of cake.

Import all your MN collateral address privkeys into one wallet, set up your masternode.conf exactly as described in the /doc/masternode.conf-md file, unlock your wallet and 'masternode start-many' - you'll be glad you've done it when you've done it. :smile:

My MNs all seem to be still OK, about 12 hrs after this mornings group -reindexing session.

How should my darkcoin.conf file look? I've done my masternode.conf file as described but not sure what I need to put into the darkcoin.conf file. Can't seem to find an example documented anywhere either. It's more the syntax i need guidance on if anything... Any help appreciated! :smile:

Walter you don`t need your darkcoin.conf anymore ;) your masternode.conf is enough, make sure every line with alias ip masternode privkey and txid index is in one line and after all there are no spaces.

How should my darkcoin.conf file look? I've done my masternode.conf file as described but not sure what I need to put into the darkcoin.conf file. Can't seem to find an example documented anywhere either. It's more the syntax i need guidance on if anything... Any help appreciated! :smile:
If you have custom settings in your darkcoin.conf like disabling safemode, wallet mining, etc, you can leave them, but the masternode information can get removed if you are using the masternode.conf in junction with start-many/start-alias.

Walter you don`t need your darkcoin.conf anymore ;) your masternode.conf is enough, make sure every line with alias ip masternode privkey and txid index is in one line and after all there are no spaces.

Ah... That makes more sense! Couldn't figure out why i'd need it but this guide is a bit misleading in that respect...

https://github.com/perrywoodin/darkcoin-startmany-guide

"
Create a darkcoin.conf file
Remember... this is local. Make sure your QT is not running.

You should already have a darkcoin.conf file from your exisiting node. I simply copied it into my new wallet."

This bit in particular, makes it sound like a requirement :confused:

I'm so confused right now. Is it any wonder MN operators aren't updating? We have network fragmentation, unstable releases that are causing MNs to crash, and now we have a fork. I'm sitting on 11.0.10 for now, and y'all can gripe at me all you want, but until I figure out what the hell is going on and the network stabilizes, I'm not doing anything.

Back