• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0 - Darkcoin Core Release

v0.11.0.12

- Fixed 2 segfault causes, 1 due to a null reference in the Bitcoin code (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/5698) upon a fork and the later due to the Bitcoin core code modifying the coins view without a lock on mempool.cs. The client should be much more stable now.
- Fixed issue with running "masternode start" on a remote masternode. This would corrupt the running status, resulting is the masternode failing to ping and falling off the list.
- fix mn payment comment - blocknumbers / new dates according to stats from last 50k blocks (UdjinM6)
- add missing DS/MN/IX options descriptions in help output (UdjinM6)
- allow masternode commands execution while client is in safe mode (UdjinM6)
- fix dseg messaging / banning issue (UdjinM6)

11.0.12 Core - All Users

Source: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin
Windows .exe: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.12-win.zip
Mac OSX: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/d...in-binaries/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.12-osx.dmg
Linux: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.12-linux.tar.gz

Nice!

So next is InstantX? Or are we going back to testnet for further DS improvements?

getblocktemplate
"masternode_payments" : true,
"enforce_masternode_payments" : true

}

enforce_masternode_payments is always true now, the spork has been removed. However, the network is in "fallback" mode, where miners pick who to pay and nothing is enforced. I'll turn back on the reference node when everything is stable and everyone is up-to-date. It's a bit confusing and there's some undocumented features of the code for situations like this.

That's completely supported by the reference node, but first we need a stable version with no crashes (should be v11.0.12) and enforcement turned on successfully.
But... enforcement can't be turned on until almost everyone has updated... ?

There's no alternative. Masternode ops must be required to wear electric shock collars. Decentralised P2P Tutelary Tasering. It's the only way forward.

While updating my MNs I went back to check on their status and it seems they crashed. Have never had that before. Just did a -reindex on all of them. Should I delete anything else like peers.dat?

Are there any known issues with MNs deactivating after a couple of hours of the start-many wallet being closed? I rolled out my start-many wallet and it works a charm... Trouble is I'm having to reopen my wallet on my PC every couple of hours, go to the console and run the start-many again... Is this just down to general network instability at the moment or could it be something specific to what I've done?

When I log onto my MN servers the darkcoind is running fine, I do a ./darkcoind getinfo and I'm defo on the right block but when I do a grep for my masternodes its blank and they all appear offline. As soon as I go to my local wallet and run the start-many I do the grep again and they all appear...

Any ideas?

While updating my MNs I went back to check on their status and it seems they crashed. Have never had that before. Just did a -reindex on all of them. Should I delete anything else like peers.dat?
I always delete peers.dat, wallet.dat and debug.log when updating masternode.
Clear start.

PS. All masternodes started OK and are online after 2 days off.

Are there any known issues with MNs deactivating after a couple of hours of the start-many wallet being closed? I rolled out my start-many wallet and it works a charm... Trouble is I'm having to reopen my wallet on my PC every couple of hours, go to the console and run the start-many again... Is this just down to general network instability at the moment or could it be something specific to what I've done?

When I log onto my MN servers the darkcoind is running fine, I do a ./darkcoind getinfo and I'm defo on the right block but when I do a grep for my masternodes its blank and they all appear offline. As soon as I go to my local wallet and run the start-many I do the grep again and they all appear...

Any ideas?
Haven't seen any issues like that with my setup using start-many.

Hey Walter. Sorry for the confusion. My document started circulating before it was ready for a wider audience. I'll be updating it over the next couple of days.

Hey orangecycle, no worries dude! it's a very good and useful document and it helped me get my MNs running start-many relatively easily... Was expecting it to be a ballache! lol

Cheers :smile:

Haven't seen any issues like that with my setup using start-many.

I'm just running a test now I'm home for the evening. I've closed my wallet after getting them all running again. I'm going to do a grep every 10 mins until they drop off. Hopefully this will tell me how long they're staying on for roughly.

I wouldn't think it was start-many related other than the fact that ALL of my MNs seem to drop off. Hopefully in the next hour I'll be able to run more tests. It may be that they all drop off but it's over the course of an hour or so. We'll see...

Cheers

I'm just running a test now I'm home for the evening. I've closed my wallet after getting them all running again. I'm going to do a grep every 10 mins until they drop off. Hopefully this will tell me how long they're staying on for roughly.

I wouldn't think it was start-many related other than the fact that ALL of my MNs seem to drop off. Hopefully in the next hour I'll be able to run more tests. It may be that they all drop off but it's over the course of an hour or so. We'll see...

Cheers

You watch... Now I've said all that it won't do it again! lol

Any ideas?
this was caused by dseg bug which lead to banning of cold wallet client by masternode, should be fixed now
- fix dseg messaging / banning issue

Back