• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

Enforcement is clearly a tough problem. Is this going to delay or compromise InstanTX?

Well to a certain extent it has prevented smooth development since May so I predict, YES!

Currently, every time that "non-cheatable" enforcement has been attempted (4 times by my count) it has led to forking. Unless something is changed there is no reason to think that there won't be a 5th, 6th, or 10th time.

I am not "giving up" on DRK or anything like that, but you know what they say about the definition of insanity...

So, as a proposed change -- Evan, is it possible to set up the debug log to output which blocks are going to be rejected and then cross-reference that information with a block explorer to see if the code is behaving as expected BEFORE the next enforcement attempt?

You would think that something simple like that would at least be able to catch the bugs that are causing forking within 30 minutes of flipping the switch.

Anybody know how to do the --reindex command on MAC and PC? I have some interested parties that need help...
flare ?
oblox ?

tx tao
fork here fork there
things happen, but at least we should set up guides for totall dummies (like me)
MAC + PC
so they can solve any issues as it is frustrating as hell to read the command lines and do not know how to use them (as we have a lot of new commers and we wanna make it as easy as possible)
tx

tx tao
fork here fork there
things happen, but at least we should set up guides for totall dummies (like me)
MAC + PC
so they can solve any issues as it is frustrating as hell to read the command lines and do not know how to use them (as we have a lot of new commers and we wanna make it as easy as possible)
tx
This exactly. I hope someone can help you out soon!

tx tao
fork here fork there
MAC + PC
tx
on Mac:
open Terminal
type "/Applications/DarkCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/DarkCoin-Qt -reindex" (no quotes) and hit enter

Well to a certain extent it has prevented smooth development since May so I predict, YES!

Currently, every time that "non-cheatable" enforcement has been attempted (4 times by my count) it has led to forking. Unless something is changed there is no reason to think that there won't be a 5th, 6th, or 10th time.

I am not "giving up" on DRK or anything like that, but you know what they say about the definition of insanity...

So, as a proposed change -- Evan, is it possible to set up the debug log to output which blocks are going to be rejected and then cross-reference that information with a block explorer to see if the code is behaving as expected BEFORE the next enforcement attempt?

You would think that something simple like that would at least be able to catch the bugs that are causing forking within 30 minutes of flipping the switch.
Maybe we should go back to Testnet for a few days before the next enforcement?

on Mac:
open Terminal
type "/Applications/DarkCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/DarkCoin-Qt -reindex" (no quotes) and hit enter

tx man
that is exactly what is was looking for
(will use it for FB and such)
just to clarify
my MAC Wallet will then get my MN back on the correct form ?
I have to do this with each MN ?

Oh, I didn't know she was involved, as well. moli great job, as well!
Thanks! :) You've been doing a good job for Darkcoin yourself, and thanks to you as well! :smile:
Oblox has been helping with the "pool friendly reminder" also, he's also been helping with Darksend micro wallet and Liquidity Providers.
We are in this together and many of us have found what we like to do to get this ship moving, so it's been great to be a part of it! :)

Thanks! :) You've been doing a good job for Darkcoin yourself, and thanks to you as well! :smile:
Oblox has been helping with the "pool friendly reminder" also, he's also been helping with Darksend micro wallet and Liquidity Providers.
We are in this together and many of us have found what we like to do to get this ship moving, so it's been great to be a part of it! :)
Couldn't have said it any better myself! We have a great crew here.

Anybody know how to do the --reindex command on MAC and PC? I have some interested parties that need help...
flare ?
oblox ?
On PC, either open up the command prompt (cmd.exe), navigate to the directory of the darkcoin-qt.exe and then type: darkcoin-qt.exe --reindex

Alternatively, create a shortcut and add the --reindex to the end of it in after right-clicking and heading into properties.

Awww, thanks sweetie, you can denominate with me whenever you like.

Just to clear this up !
Looked at the wrong page and wrong block count !
Did NOT fork any MN's !
(tx flare for sorting me out)

I did the reindex restart and then now I get:

% darkcoind getcheckpoint
{
"synccheckpoint" : "000000000004bcdc5d8fbf670c5d4130b8611fa4a86500704b11d852143845df",
"height" : 163847,
"timestamp" : 1415079047,
"subscribemode" : "enforce",
"enforcing" : "off"
}

The enforcing was "on" before and shortly after the restart. I was just running the command to see if everything is going well and got enforcing off. What happened?

I did the reindex restart and then now I get:

% darkcoind getcheckpoint
{
"synccheckpoint" : "000000000004bcdc5d8fbf670c5d4130b8611fa4a86500704b11d852143845df",
"height" : 163847,
"timestamp" : 1415079047,
"subscribemode" : "enforce",
"enforcing" : "off"
}

The enforcing was "on" before and shortly after the restart. I was just running the command to see if everything is going well and got enforcing off. What happened?
I don't know for sure, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that means that your node is now on the right fork, because enforcement is currently turned off.

Just to be clear, as long as your MN wallet is not stuck and it synchronizes (green check mark), you don't need reindexing, right?

Back