• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

Make Masternodes either regular pools or p2pool nodes, require all miners to mine via Masternodes, a whole lot of problems go away.

Still waiting for someone to explain the flaw in this plan...
Still waiting for you to explain how this can be done.

Where are those damn pools when we need them to update? They don't even give a damn about 15 security improvements that are vital for the system. Maybe after all, getting rid of them was the right decision :mad:

Edit: At least we could choose which pool we want to work with. SuchPool for instant was super quick to update to the ONYX.
Someone has a msg for you and every other panicking MN holder...
[08:29:44] <Ignition75> moli: People need to take a chill pill and realise we are building eRome, it takes time...

Make Masternodes either regular pools or p2pool nodes, require all miners to mine via Masternodes, a whole lot of problems go away.

Still waiting for someone to explain the flaw in this plan...

Is it going to get harder to keep the MN addresses secret if the mining traffic goes to them as well?

Is it going to get harder to keep the MN addresses secret if the mining traffic goes to them as well?
MN addesses have never been secret, anyone with a wallet (or just a web browser) can find them. This may change if/when IP obfuscation is implemented.

Someone has a msg for you and every other panicking MN holder...
[08:29:44] <Ignition75> moli: People need to take a chill pill and realise we are building eRome, it takes time...

Exactly, we are building a new system! We should not focus on making money right now. So if we want to continue building then we need pools that cooperate with us and does not delay the development by waiting till the last second to update.

If Masternode operators were thinking about profit only then all of them would have waited instead of switching to ONYX right away. But many updated right away and now patiently waiting for the pools despite making big losses.

EDIT fresh updates...

Great x2
UPDATED TO ONYX

Suchpool
darkcointalkorg
multipoolus
coinminepl
darkcoinboxru
drkcif8com
coinotron
xpool

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
TO UPDATE

wafglepool informed
miningpoolhub informed
trademybit informed
xhashnet
ghashio

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, we are building a new system! We should not focus on making money right now. So if we want to continue building then we need pools that cooperate with us and does not delay the development by waiting till the last second to update.

If Masternode operators were thinking about profit only then all of them would have waited instead of switching to ONYX right away. But many updated right away and now patiently waiting for the pools despite making big losses.
If miners were under direct MN control then we could all be making more money (miners who actually support Darkcoin too) and getting shit done a whole lot faster, for the benefit of everyone. :smile:

Sorry for writing without reading the previous posts on this thread but I have something urgent for all masternode operators. Have any of you noticed that there is a mysterious masternode XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq? Why am I saying it is mysterious? Go drk mn blocks page and search its address:

Date FoundHeightFound byDifficultyGen+FeesMN PaymentMasternodeMasternode version
77 minutes agop2pool2201.17.0031.4006XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65TqUnknown
87 minutes agop2pool2205.667.0041.4008XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65TqUnknown
8 hours agop2pool2386.6171.4XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65TqUnknown
8 hours agoXx6HAL8cgZAUdg3rCuj5oK19F7VVJk14jd2415.7371.4XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65TqUnknown
22 hours agosimplemulti2734.486.0031.2006XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65TqUnknown
23 hours agoXwT7k8rCikt9ejfcSa3NVTr6tBg2tak1T22087.0681.6XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65TqUnknown

These blocks should be paid to different addresses (e.g. block 154686 should be paid to XhAGGdSgfPkHtkH9teXCJdZbnJAoSqTqJg; 154679 should be XycSK7bafVjrMP5uT7CUoPTgfJikmSQb5h; 154527 should be XpAZj1vqT7ufikT3sEZREGyarWyt9i49tJ) based on searching drk poolhash org masternode page. They are all paid to XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq which does not even have the 1000 DRK requirement (see chainz cryptoid info page, it only has 377.44668942 DRK!). Also, please check almost all the 0.10.15.13 masternodes are shown to be inactive (0%) on drk mn.

Is this what you guys discussing? I will read the previous messages on this thread but I will very appreciate if anyone could tell me what I am seeing here. Are those coins diverted to XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq by attacking 0.10.15.13 nodes?

Is this what you guys discussing? I will read the previous messages on this thread but I will very appreciate if anyone could tell me what I am seeing here. Are those coins diverted to XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq by attacking 0.10.15.13 nodes?

That's a 0.10.14.1 exploit and is fixed with 0.10.15.13.

As soon as all 0.10.14.1 Masternodes are kicked out of the network by 0.10.15.13 this one will be gone as well.

That's a 0.10.14.1 exploit and is fixed with 0.10.15.13.

As soon as all 0.10.14.1 Masternodes are kicked out of the network by 0.10.15.13 this one will be gone as well.

Thanks, I thought the 0.10.15.13 nodes were not affected by the 0.10.14.1 exploit. Obviously, I'm wrong. I read about it but did not really read it carefully.

While we are on the discussion of this exploit, we had ~900 nodes before 0.10.15.13 was released. However, the past two days, we went down to currently 325 actives master nodes while we have 46.5% of masternodes running 0.10.15.13. So, why is it getting worse? Does it have anything to do with drk (dot) mn is running its monitoring nodes with 0.10.14.1 and older?

Hey dudes, is there any harm in just re-broadcasting the masternode start command? I'm thinking like every five minutes for a half hour? Hoping to shimmy my way around this going to 0 thing

Thanks, I thought the 0.10.15.13 nodes were not affected by the 0.10.14.1 exploit. Obviously, I'm wrong. I read about it but did not really read it carefully.

While we are on the discussion of this exploit, we had ~900 nodes before 0.10.15.13 was released. However, the past two days, we went down to currently 325 actives master nodes while we have 46.5% of masternodes running 0.10.15.13. So, why is it getting worse? Does it have anything to do with drk (dot) mn is running its monitoring nodes with 0.10.14.1 and older?
0.10.15.13 has about 480 nodes give or take. You need to look at monitoring sites running the latest daemon. There are still plenty of older masternodes needing to update yet, they didn't just disappear.

The latest release prevents the old exploit but pools need to be updated to it for it function. Any pool not running it will still be able to be gamed. Enforcement is back off for this transition.

0.10.15.13 has about 480 nodes give or take. You need to look at monitoring sites running the latest daemon. There are still plenty of older masternodes needing to update yet, they didn't just disappear.

The latest release prevents the old exploit but pools need to be updated to it for it function. Any pool not running it will still be able to be gamed. Enforcement is back off for this transition.

Thanks, I don't want to divert the subject on this thread or cross post. I posted a message under "Please Update To v10.14.1 - Masternode Security Update". It is #190. Could you take a look? Thanks.

Hey dudes, is there any harm in just re-broadcasting the masternode start command? I'm thinking like every five minutes for a half hour? Hoping to shimmy my way around this going to 0 thing

The problem I was seeing is not the innmlist. I see a "-" in the Masternode payee column of drk dot poolhash dot org. Please check out message #190 under "Please Update To v10.14.1 - Masternode Security Update". Let's continue there.

why havent the devs tweeted this yet from the official Twitter? this is awesome news but it needs to be out there on Twitter as I don't check these forums all the time and rely on Twitter updates which come automatically to my phone.

The problem I was seeing is not the innmlist. I see a "-" in the Masternode payee column of drk dot poolhash dot org. Please check out message #190 under "Please Update To v10.14.1 - Masternode Security Update". Let's continue there.
Sorry I was posting on a subject that was different than yours. Essentially I'm talking about somewhat spamming the network with a masternode start command every couple minutes. I'm sure this is a bad idea, but can someone else confirm?

why havent the devs tweeted this yet from the official Twitter? this is awesome news but it needs to be out there on Twitter as I don't check these forums all the time and rely on Twitter updates which come automatically to my phone.
+1000
Add splawik21 & TaoOfSatoshi & #buildthedarkness to you twitter follow.... You will not miss anything :)

Back