• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ppl who got stuck with denominations (hours and hours since last denomination) check your debug.log and see which amount Darksend+ is trying to pair with.
Watch for this line : Submiting Darksend for ......

If the amount is a rare amount then stop darksend+ and calculate which amount would make it easily pairable again .. the rest of the amount will
need to go outside yr wallet. This needs to be done through coin control by selecting those amounts with the lesser rounds then start Darksend+ again.
note : so only select those amounts with lesser rounds that make it a rare amount... normal amounts are 1-10-100-500-1024-4096
lets say for example darksend+ is trying to pair 550 then only 50 of those lesser rounds needs to go out.

My own wallet is now happily denominating again after having stuck for 15 hours trying to pair a 600 amount which is rather rare. I sent 100 out and it worked again.
If this is truly what we need to do to use darksend, the average user will be lost. I hope this is only an artifact of so few users on testnet.

Not sure if we have to do like what qwizzie said, but definitely this currency isn't for an average user who has no intention to learn how it works, and not easy to like it at the beginning. But i think once it's understood, the popularity will grow.

Reactions: jpr
what i described was only a temporarily fix for wallets that didnt receive any denominations for several hours while we were awaiting further news.

Unfortunetely the exact same thing is happening with my large wallet again (20.000 with amount / round .. 19000 / 8) with this new update.
Again i get stuck when its trying to pair a 600 amount.

I have setup my laptop with the same amount and will see if that pairs in the end with my pc's large wallet.

edit : my laptop paired with my pc wallet and got the 600 amount moving again.

Conclusion : not getting Darksend denominations for a long time seems to be related to Testnet (too few ppl testing the exact same wallets and wallet conditions)

Last edited by a moderator:
Still nothing on on v39. Grouped the N/A rounds of odd amounts and sent them back to the same main address. Nothing happening as of yet and that was 73 confirms ago.

Still nothing on on v39. Grouped the N/A rounds of odd amounts and sent them back to the same main address. Nothing happening as of yet and that was 73 confirms ago.

best to start over again together with someone else who is doing the exact same wallet amount / amount to anonymize and rounds .. so you two can form pairs.
I'm pairing my 20.000 with my laptop and its denominating like crazy now..

Ok. 10.13.9, linux here. Set it to 5000 with 4 rounds and got 4396/5000 anonymized already :)

Here is something to think about :

Darksend seems to merge certain input amounts depending on walletsize that can in the end only be paired with other users who are using the exact same wallet size for anonymization.
If that input amount that gets merged at some point can not be paired, it will blockade further denominations.

Example : 20.000 wallet will at some point (early on) combine a 100 & 500 input into a 600 amount which then needs to be paired with another 600 amount to sent the last two inputs (100 & 500) to round 8 before it will start tackling the larger inputs. Unfortunetely these 600 amounts only originate from the 20.000 wallets going through anonymization.... so only other 20.000 wallet users going through anonymization will help this wallet further.

Other wallet sizes will have other input amount merges that will need to be paired with users who are trying to anonymize those exact same size wallets.

Maybe we should investigate which walletsize is tripping over which amount ...

edit : if i were a big bagholder on Mainnet and wanted to anonymize a large wallet i would split the wallet over three equal walletsizes on three different pc's or laptops so that they can pair those early walletsize specific amounts if necessary.

I'm testing 5000 tdrk, 4 rounds. If anyone wants to pair, please do. Thanks. :)

EDIT: So far I've got 3857 tdrk anonymized. The wallet has been moving nicely. I love it when it says "Darksend request complete: Transaction Created Successfully" before another junk of drk is allocated to "Unconfirmed".

The anonymization has finished. My wallet now has 5456 anon tdrk.

upload_2014-9-14_2-5-30.png

Coin Control shows how the money was split up in the final step:

upload_2014-9-14_2-9-25.png

Thanks!

Still waiting... no matching

My 20 were anonymized to 30.00000012 (2x10.00000001 plus 10x1.00000001)... I just don't get it. Where I can read how the denomination in Darksend+ works. When I set 20 I'm expecting a simple denomination of 2x10.00000001

The difference between "Amount and round" and "Anonymised" must be 1DRK at most, etc.

234.567 > 2x100.00000001, 3x10.00000001, 5x1.00000001 > 235.00000010
or
159.159 > 1x100.00000001, 6x10.00000001 > 160.00000007

Am I missing something?

My 20 were anonymized to 30.00000012 (2x10.00000001 plus 10x1.00000001)... I just don't get it. Where I can read how the denomination in Darksend+ works. When I set 20 I'm expecting a simple denomination of 2x10.00000001

The difference between "Amount and round" and "Anonymised" must be 1DRK at most, etc.

234.567 > 2x100.00000001, 3x10.00000001, 5x1.00000001 > 235.00000010
or
159.159 > 1x100.00000001, 6x10.00000001 > 160.00000007

Am I missing something?
The result is not a hard set of your threshold. Here are the links where Evan explains how Darksend+ works:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-july-30th.1924/

What does it mean "Masternode queue is full" ? And the windows wallet still shows the spelling error "Wll try again."

Also, is it possible there are too few masternodes on the testnet? I see 15 running v08. If my coins have already been run through one masternode, I assume they would not be processed another round in the same masternode(?). Maybe our coins have to match not only denomiations but also match on a current masternode that neither of us has mixed with previously. Is that how this works?
In the diagram where Evan explains how Darksend works, it looks like 8 masternodes are enough to handle transactions, basically:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/

Edit: And if I'm not mistaken, one functioning masternode is adequate to create the network to handle everything.

Another user interface concern from my side (please note that I am an industry expert in user interface and design).

I think the use of a progress bar to indicate how many coins have been anonymized is misleading to new users.

Progress bars are usually used to indicate the progress of a download, installation or file transfer. The main goal is to reach 100%. If progress bar does not reach 100%, the operation will be useless in all cases.

With darksend+ this is not the case; anonimizing 30% of your coins and then stopping could be a useful operation depending on the user's needs and intentions. It is not the main goal to reach 100%, or at least, not always.

I'm worried that the user will think he has to anonimize 100% of coins in order to have a successful operation, due to the use of a progress bar which I think is a misleading control in this case as it will be associated with common uses. It is arguably even a wrong use of this control, but I'm not sure of that. Percentage is a secondary type of information in this case, but it is presented as primary due to use of control.

To de-emphasize the anonimized coins in relation to total number of coins in wallet by making it a secondary piece of information, I suggest the following:
1) Instead of a progress bar, simply display percentage in text. Remove progress bar. Example format: "x of y coins are now anonymous (z%)" -- presenting the text like this will clarify the immediateness of the progress further in case of any remaining confusion.
2) To give the user the sense of a process being active, display an animated spinner or indeterminate progress bar while anonimization is active. An intermediate progress bar uses motion or some other indicator to show that progress is taking place, rather than using the size of the filled portion to show the total amount of progress.

Thoughts? I wouldn't say this is critical for RC5, unlike the addition of Start/Stop button, which was a massive win.

Diirk (coinzcoinzcoinz on BTCtalk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back