• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
options -> check "disable darksend" - > apply -> ok -> close wallet -> open wallet -> options -> ... "disable darksend" is unchecked??
i'm on ubuntu
EDIT: from ui design perspective i would prefer "Enable Darksend" instead of "Disable Darksend" and i would also prefer it off (no darksend by default)
I disagree - the entire point of darkcoin is for you to be totally anonymous, if you dont want anonymous coins, why use it.
If you are a trader & dont want your coins anonymized you can disable it, and or use version 9 which doesn't have darksend included.

I've got three collateral fees

61e93a484fda3f3d4460a97cde300089d2d232585c3cd9420ecd77ca4e5ff6b9
2a98e64153f84448fcf0d4dbee66572a0784ee62d3f6e7327ff783bf7289aea9
ac92e7fdec34fd20fc91442f7b49bd25df8dad586205418587d3b43e368b1ef8

Windows version seems not to read current value of darksend round. Whatever I choose the value, it shows "2"
(Linux also)

I confirm that windows and linux version cannot show current nDarksendround value.
Change darksend round option and click OK -> Look at home/.config/Darkcoin/DarkCoin-Qt-testnet.conf

Just to make it clear:
I'm fine with this option because my wallet is encrypted :wink: and I took part in testing RC.... But to anonymize coins wallet actually send your money and charge fees without even asking you. That's the point. And I think you should ask the user first if he clearly understands that fact and does he agree to such behaviour.

I also cant hit apply for more rounds (linux), but it did instantly start denominating

Downloaded v19

I clicked settings, options, main to look at the the gui. Had a play about. The only thing is, when i click on say 5 rounds the selection doesn't stick. I cannot press apply, only ok.

Please send tdrk : muLJmHPPwSvH6yh38bUcBtsbk7WNi57rRP
Just sent you 525 tdrk. Please send back to my address. Thanks.

Options menu in Qt doesn't allow the change of "Darksend Rounds to Use".
Also "Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized" under QT maxes out at "9999".

Linux.

Just to make it clear:
I'm fine with this option because my wallet is encrypted :wink: and I took part in testing RC.... But to anonymize coins wallet actually send your money and charge fees without even asking you. That's the point. And I think you should ask the user first if he clearly understands that fact and does he agree to such behaviour.

I agree that there should be a notification the first time the wallet is used, but I don't think that it should be off by default or "easy" to turn off. Otherwise we will get a bunch of people saying "fees suck" and disabling it for silly reasons which in turn will hurt the network.

Just to make it clear:
I think that's the deal with DS, if you want to use it, you should already know how it works and what's involved. Or maybe you want something like AOL Welcome screen with an audio voice "Welcome, you got Darksend!"? lol jk. Or, maybe there should be a screen to warn users before they start the wallet? Otherwise, I think I would go crazy if the wallet asks me if I agree to the 0.001 fees every time, it's just insanely unnecessary.

Nice work~!
And my MN in testnet has been updated to 10.12.19
Same happened in my Linux QT too that can't change the Darksend round in Option. It still stick with 2.
snapshot22.png

BTW: Just succeed to darksend 10000 tDRK to another address and the denomination happend smooth and quick~ :wink:

I think once Evan fixes the option screen bug and the latest collateral bug we should be solid for release.
Also, this release needs very detailed release notes, but im sure Evan is ontop of all that :D

I've noticed fees are taken off in sending most of small amounts. How are fees calculated now?

I'm playing with this also. It seems that the value is applied but is not shown properly in the option tab.

And I have two collateral payments already. Do I have to report at jira?
Yes please - and add what steps to reproduce :)

I just installed the testnet wallet to try out the new software, but for some reason can't get the faucet to send me any coins. Can someone send some tDRK to XhQt7P94XWjRFXJGgDQgCvQ9neVBUFQo8g? Thanks!!

I just installed the testnet wallet to try out the new software, but for some reason can't get the faucet to send me any coins. Can someone send some tDRK to XhQt7P94XWjRFXJGgDQgCvQ9neVBUFQo8g? Thanks!!
Testnet addresses start with an n or m.

Add testnet=1 in your config file

I'm pretty terrible with these things. Where is the config file? It's not the qt.conf is it?
Haven't seen a qt.conf, you can make a text document, add testnet=1 and save it as config.conf. That should do the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back