• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a issue with the latest windows wallet.

The wallet stopped denominating (set manually to 8 rounds) and coin control thinks that all but a few small inputs are anonymous, but in the Overview 100 dark is missing the anonymous label and I can't actually send those 100 via darksend. Actual problem or am I confused?

v17.png

The wallet stopped denominating (set manually to 8 rounds) and coin control thinks that all but a few small inputs are anonymous, but in the Overview 100 dark is missing the anonymous label and I can't actually send those 100 via darksend. Actual problem or am I confused?

v17.png
Take a look in your debug.log. If it says "not compatible with existing transactions" give it a little more time to finish denominating. Looks good so far though. Mine said that for about 1.5 hours before it finished mixing with other people and the final anon balance came through.

v17.png
Wallet is not finished denominating, 100 DRK are at 6 rounds, 2 rounds missing.

v17.png
100.00000001 input has only 6 rounds (remember, you set it to be 8) so it's not anonymous yet
EDIT: I'm soooo slooow at typing :)

Having just used the new wallet I have to say that it is quite impressive. No collateral fees or other issues -- other than my confusion. :oops:

One thing though: It would be good to have a popup the first time the wallet is opened warning the user about the denominate fee. Even though the amount is small, it was still startling seeing "money" automatically disappear -- so having that happen without warning may cause it bit of panic.

Edit: Also, instead of "n/a" writing "transaction fee" might be good as well. The more transparency -- the less ammo people have for baseless accusations.

Last edited by a moderator:
So after lots of testing with 3 wallets with version 17, large sends, many small sends - I love this latest version - its rock solid so far!
After all the transactions they all successfully denominated 8 rounds, with no collateral bug, and are ready to go again!
vf12MGk.png

I made a small checklist of some smaller things that should be done before release, feel free to add to my list:
  • Add GUI to allow user to select number of Darksend+ rounds instead of using command line or conf file.
  • Optimise communication of whats happening during denomination so users dont freak out at denomination fee.
  • Not sure what other testing we can conduct on the new masternode consensus system to ensure stability?
  • Have a popup message box if people quit during denomination to warn of collateral 0.025 penalty.
  • Solution for max 5000 dark denomination per wallet - im sure there are many ways to skin a cat on this one
  • After version 18 is released and RC4 is announced stable, have a few days of everyone testing and final bug hunting. If we can simulate an RC3-->RC4 scenario this would be ideal.
  • Remove additional debugging code that was inserted for troubleshooting purposes before mainnet release.

I noticed some weird things on darkcoind (0.10.12.17):
masternode start locks the wallet after execution (was not the case before)
Running walletpassphrase after that unlocks the 1000 DRK of the masternode.
Subsequent calls to sendtoaddress will break the 1000 DRK vin of address 0.

This was working fine previously (masternode start locked the 1000 DRK and sendtoaddress would not let you touch that vin).

So there really won't be a made rush to update MN's?
We can do it when ever?
No enforcement.....

Once released, masternodes that haven't updated will not be paid anymore, instantly. So there will be a hurry and the ones that do it first, will get all of the first payments :)

I really hope that RC4 is not going to get shadow released in the middle of the night or something. For all the effort put into this by the dev team and the community on testnet it would be a shame to have the rhetoric be about the way it was launched. The professional thing to do is give a notification of a the launch date a day or two in advance so that people know that they should be ready to update their MNs.

Just my 2duffs...

Once released, masternodes that haven't updated will not be paid anymore, instantly. So there will be a hurry and the ones that do it first, will get all of the first payments :)
What of the pools that will not update to the new version? If the enforce is not active they would still be paying the old masternode?
(I didn't update for 2 days, was still on .15 while network was on .16 and .17, and my tp2pool payee in block template was from my pool that wasn't updated)

So I guess what we are requesting, as masternode owners, is clear guidance about what to do and when.

The technical background of the 5000 DRK limitation is, that with current denomination scheme (0.1 ; 1 ; 10 ; 100 ; 500) the tx scripts for sending amounts > 5000 DRK get to large (20k+) and will not be relayed/mined by miners.

Possible solutions are to

a) extend the scheme by additional denomination units (e.g. 1000 & 5000)
b) switch to different scheme:
- either binary scheme as proposed by Kristov Atlas ( 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 + 128 + ...)
- or a optimized scheme as proposed by babygiraffe in https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-7th.1735/#post-11434

Hmm? I'm not sure where you got this from, but it's not the case at all. The 5000DRK limit is a hard limit for the entire wallet. Lets say a user has 100k DRK, the wallet would actually end up making a bunch of 500DRK inputs and 100DRK inputs. The only reason I added the hard limit was because there's no easy way to denominate a portion of the wallet without doing the rest.

What of the pools that will not update to the new version? If the enforce is not active they would still be paying the old masternode?
(I didn't update for 2 days, was still on .15 while network was on .16 and .17, and my tp2pool payee in block template was from my pool that wasn't updated)

Yeah, they'd pay the old masternode network until they updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back