• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Using Jaxx for the first time ...

dashingdosh

Hi,

I just exchanged some btc for dash(via shapeshift) to the public dash address('your current dash address') generated in Jaxx.

I can see it confirmed on the dash blockchain, so I take it it left shapeshift successfully, but my Jaxx wallet still says 0.00 beneath the address. I tried clicking the refresh icon but that made no difference.

I'm a little worried about losing the private key.... because there's no indication one was actually generated and saved. I'm a bit scared to click something in case it discards the key-pair, thinking I didn't use it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ok... (don't all shout at once),

Problem solved :)

I was using - unbeknownst to me - an outdated version of the wallet. i.e. 1.1.7. (if I'm not mistaken I think that was by following the dash.org/{wallets} link to jaxx.)

The support guy said use a different version on a different platform and pair the words .... bingo.

Ok... (don't all shout at once),

Problem solved :)

I was using - unbeknownst to me - an outdated version of the wallet. i.e. 1.1.7. (if I'm not mistaken I think that was by following the dash.org/{wallets} link to jaxx.)

The support guy said use a different version on a different platform and pair the words .... bingo.
Interesting...
1.1.7 is the latest version listed on jaxx.io ...
Which version/OS you are using as a "different" one?

Interesting...
1.1.7 is the latest version listed on jaxx.io ...
Which version/OS you are using as a "different" one?

Well, that's what I thought. But it seems the chrome extension is installed as v 1.2. and it appears to have worked. Have not sent any money from it yet but it at least shows my balance.

I use jaxx too. I saw the balance was right but the transaction listed is missing 1 transaction so I decided to do cache reset. The bitcoin wallet is fine but dash keep initializing wallet and nothing else. Now I could not use the dash that I have in jaxx because I can't send. Anyone can help ?

Back