• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Upgrading to 12.1 on Raspbian

Chris Muller

Hi! I'm a Dash-lovin' newbie. :)

I'm running my masternode on a Raspberry Pi 2 via the dashman helper script.

dashman has "sync" and "update" commands; the former updates dashman, the latter, dashd. However, it does so by downloading and replacing the binaries (dashd and dash-cli).

However, I'm not confident that the "linux" binaries it would download would work on Raspbian. I remember when I set this up I built the binaries manually for this reason.

Since I've already got the firewall and process monitoring working, I'd really just like to upgrade the binaries and restart. Will that work? I'm not a C++ / git developer, if someone would give me advice on my upgrade plan, below, I'd be very grateful.

I still have my original ~/darkcoin build directory, so I'm thinking something like this:

cd ~/darkcoin
git pull
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
make

I'm not sure if "make" puts the binaries in ~/.dashd, but I'll make sure that gets done, with execute permissions. And then, finally:

~/dashman/dashman restart

I guess I will have replaced the binary WHILE it was still running. Is that a problem? I don't think dashman actually has a "stop" command. I hope not, because if I tried to kill dashd, my process monitor would restart it.

Thanks.

- Chris Muller

PS -- Is there a release moniker for 12.1? I tried to do some searching around in this forum for answers, but searching for "12.1" gave me an error message saying that search was too general.

Thanks for the reply. I'm really looking for suggestions on my proposed procedure for upgrading, once the code becomes available.

I originally thought the code was already available and that 5-Feb is when MN's running 12.0 would stop getting paid. It sounds like you're saying the code for 12.1 will not actually be released until 5-Feb. If that's the case, how much time will I have to upgrade before 12.0 nodes stop getting paid?

I'd like my MN to be able to provide a continuity of service to the Dash network. Any clarifications on the upgrade process are greatly appreciated.

Back