• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Upgraded Dash-Core Wallet to 12.1 Lost My Transactions and Dash

Cary

I downloaded Dash-Core Wallet 12.1 and now all my Dash and Transactions are gone. How can I fix this?

I'm using windows 10. Ok thanks I'll try this and see if I can have some success. Thank you

i helped people on all systems over the last days
nobody lost anything - wallet just pulls from the wrong directory - get that sorted and everything back to normal

This sort of problem makes me wonder, could Dash Core 12.1 not have handled the migration of the data folder (and delete the caches etc) automatically? Maybe it's not a huge problem now, but if Dash had Bitcoin's userbase, there could be millions of people with mysteriously "disappearing" wallets all asking for support, which could be avoided if it was managed in one place by adding migration code to the app. (I'm not implying that writing such code to work reliably would be easy, however.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sort of problem makes me wonder, could Dash Core 12.1 not have handled the migration of the data folder (and delete the caches etc) automatically? Maybe it's not a huge problem now, but if Dash had Bitcoin's userbase, there could be millions of people with mysteriously "disappearing" wallets all asking for support, which could be avoided if it was managed in one place by adding migration code to the app. (I'm not implying that writing such code to work reliably would be easy, however.)

no idea tbh
i helped a lot of people over the last days and all good
everybody agreed that they did not (as instructed) followed the guides we supplied !
u are right - for future updates we have to simplify (updates) even further as users are (surprising) much more less tech savvy than i would expect
(will do guides with pictures next how to updates wallets and such)

for future updates we have to simplify (updates) even further as users are (surprising) much more less tech savvy than i would expect

Ah that is the old joke that "if you make something idiot-proof, someone will build a better idiot". I think the reality is that making something user-friendly encourages more people to try using it, and then even if a smaller percentage of people have problems, you can end up with more support requests. You can probably already imagine what this might mean if Evolution achieves its goal of being as easy to use as PayPal :)

Back