• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Updating from RC3 Wallet to RC5

jsp3cs15

Masternode Owner/Operator
Hey Guys,

I have the old RC Wallet (darkcoin-0.10.11.6-win).

When I try to run the new Wallet I get the warning screen to move my funds to the new wallet.

Does anyone have i guide that stair steps you through this?
What are the steps involved?

My wallet is encrypted and I'm concerned that I may lose coins if i load up my wallet with the new client

Backup your wallet.dat and load up the latest RC5 client to generate a new wallet. Go to the receive tab and copy the address. Go into the data folder, rename the new wallet to wallet2.dat or something other than wallet.dat, copy your old wallet.dat with the funds into that folder. Load up the client, agree to the warning, send all your coins from that account to the newly created address you grabbed from the new wallet. Close out, rename the wallet2.dat back to wallet.dat, load up and wait for your funds.

Backup your wallet.dat and load up the latest RC5 client to generate a new wallet. Go to the receive tab and copy the address. Go into the data folder, rename the new wallet to wallet2.dat or something other than wallet.dat, copy your old wallet.dat with the funds into that folder. Load up the client, agree to the warning, send all your coins from that account to the newly created address you grabbed from the new wallet. Close out, rename the wallet2.dat back to wallet.dat, load up and wait for your funds.

Hey Oblox,

When you say go into the data folder, I assume you mean the local DarkCoin Directory?
For my Windows Machine it looks like the following:
For example - C:\Users\Profilexxx\AppData\Roaming\DarkCoin

This correct?

Hey Oblox,

When you say go into the data folder, I assume you mean the local DarkCoin Directory?
For my Windows Machine it looks like the following:
For example - C:\Users\Profilexxx\AppData\Roaming\DarkCoin

This correct?
Correct, that should be your default data folder where your wallet.dat is saved at.

Correct, that should be your default data folder where your wallet.dat is saved at.
Oblox do you know if i can take my blockchain file to the new version so i dont have to download it again? I tried but am having probs, it doesnt seem to work like ive done it before....

Back