• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[UPDATED] Pre-Proposal: Dash India - Promoting Dash for Crypto-Remittances.

The remittance market by itself could easily quadruple the number of Dash transactions per month. And since Dash handles smaller transactions quickly, efficiently and cheaply, we are obviously superior to other products like Bitcoin or Monero for this use case.

I am voting a big yes, and I am thinking this effort also serves as a pilot project to take on the remittance industry in other countries as well.

This is possibly the best ROI proposal on the slate this month.

I
The remittance market by itself could easily quadruple the number of Dash transactions per month. And since Dash handles smaller transactions quickly, efficiently and cheaply, we are obviously superior to other products like Bitcoin or Monero for this use case.

I am voting a big yes, and I am thinking this effort also serves as a pilot project to take on the remittance industry in other countries as well.

I can't agree more with you. I have also stated that Dash is PERFECT for remittances, personally I have helped a lot of friends receiving remits from their family living overseas (Spain, Chile and Argentina). This is big and Venezuela is also a great market for this.

Good luck in your proposal, few days left but I know you will make it. If not, you MUST submit next month. Cheers

Thank you so much @solarguy. Your support means a lot to us. With a $65 Billion remittances market, India is definitely ready for Dash !

I

I can't agree more with you. I have also stated that Dash is PERFECT for remittances, personally I have helped a lot of friends receiving remits from their family living overseas (Spain, Chile and Argentina). This is big and Venezuela is also a great market for this.

Thanks @AlejandroE I agree with you, the InstantSend feature and low transaction fees make Dash the ideal face of Remittances across the globe, from India to Venezuela :) If a currency can help families, what could be better than that !

Hello Supreet! First of all, let me congratulate you for your initiative, I think it is very well developed I can notice you made a complete research about the remittances topic. Because of proposals like this it is easy to know the great potential of this area for Dash and I really hope your project will succeed.

Secondly, I have only one question about your project: I can see you want to use Google, Facebook and YouTube ads to reach those segments and early adopted group mentioned in the first step, but given that sometimes this means are not as effective as needed for many reasons (bots use, ignored by people, market competition, etc.) don't you think it would be more effective to use more direct advertising methods such as incentives campaigns (maybe give-aways in Indian rupees or a point system) among expatriate workers to make other Indian people use Dash for remittances? This is only a remark I do because of the information I've read at some websites on economics, nevertheless I know you're the expert and you understand this knowledge field better than me.

Moreover, given your subject specialization, it would be excellent if you visited the pre-proposal I am working on https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...zuela-2-massive-conferences-2-meet-ups.31093/ and see if you can come up with some way to improve it since it is about education on Dash as well. Having nothing else to add, I wish you the best and here we are to support you!

Hello, excellent proposal, shows that you did a study and that you knew how to translate it very well. Indeed Dash, due to the characteristics of its transactions (fast, economic and safe) is a perfect method for remittances and I have recommended it to friends from other countries who want to send money to Venezuela for their families. I think technology is as useful as creativity allows us to be and your idea is good. Greetings and much success.

Hello Supreet! First of all, let me congratulate you for your initiative, I think it is very well developed I can notice you made a complete research about the remittances topic. Because of proposals like this it is easy to know the great potential of this area for Dash and I really hope your project will succeed.

Secondly, I have only one question about your project: I can see you want to use Google, Facebook and YouTube ads to reach those segments and early adopted group mentioned in the first step, but given that sometimes this means are not as effective as needed for many reasons (bots use, ignored by people, market competition, etc.) don't you think it would be more effective to use more direct advertising methods such as incentives campaigns (maybe give-aways in Indian rupees or a point system) among expatriate workers to make other Indian people use Dash for remittances? This is only a remark I do because of the information I've read at some websites on economics, nevertheless I know you're the expert and you understand this knowledge field better than me.

Moreover, given your subject specialization, it would be excellent if you visited the pre-proposal I am working on https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-dash-guayana–venezuela-2-massive-conferences-2-meet-ups.31093/ and see if you can come up with some way to improve it since it is about education on Dash as well. Having nothing else to add, I wish you the best and here we are to support you!

Hi Jesus ! Thank you so much for your comments. We had tweaked our proposal based on the valuable feedback we received here and submitted our final proposal at DashCentral where it is currently up for voting. We have spoken more about our Incentives program in the final proposal - Send-a-Dash-Home. You can have a look here : https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash-adoption-for-india-remittances

We look forward to growing awareness about Dash in the remittances sector, every education project is important and you are working in a critical sector. Best of luck :)

Hello, excellent proposal, shows that you did a study and that you knew how to translate it very well. Indeed Dash, due to the characteristics of its transactions (fast, economic and safe) is a perfect method for remittances and I have recommended it to friends from other countries who want to send money to Venezuela for their families. I think technology is as useful as creativity allows us to be and your idea is good. Greetings and much success.

Thank you for your support, @CarlosTrujillo !

Hi Supreet, Eralith Studios would love to help by supplying content! We have a high-quality TV ad, nearly finished, that focuses exclusively on remittances. Let me know if you feel this could add value to your project.

Hi Supreet, Eralith Studios would love to help by supplying content! We have a high-quality TV ad, nearly finished, that focuses exclusively on remittances. Let me know if you feel this could add value to your project.
Hi Pieter, Thank you for writing in.
I just replied to your comment on Central too. Would love to see the ad. Please inbox me a link here or Discord, wherever works for you :)

@Supreet Raju -- I read some unfortunate news today: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/ind...l-firms-from-dealing-with-cryptocurrency.html

How do you feel this will impact your project going forward? What changes/steps will you have to take?

Hi @Arthyron !

Regulations have been in a state of flux and we have factored this in during our preliminary research.
We will be increasing emphasis on using peer to peer exchanges for conversion as an additional method to convert Dash into local fiat.

Having said that, existing exchanges still continue to function normally and have sought legal recourse and clarifications, so there may be more updates soon from RBI.

Regards,
Supreet

Dear Jol,
We have updated our milestones and progress on Dash watch. They should hopefully post it soon.
We are working parallely on three things -
1. Research Report : the team is currently working on the draft report.
2. Guide to Remittances : We are collecting and compiling information and creating an access guide.
3. Videos & Landing page : The design team is coming up with storyboards and wireframe which we are brainstorming and finalising.
Will share more updates and outputs as soon as they are available for community feedback.

Regards,
Supreet

Supreet,

With the ban on conversion of cryptocurrency to fiat by the Central Bank of India (RBI), how will we use Dash for remittance? I believe no bank in India will now be able to use Dash or any cryptocurrency for remittance.

Regards
Ananth

Back