• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Update MN to RC5

djcrypto

Hey I could use some help updating my MN from RC4 to RC5.

I have a masternode on digitalocean running ubuntu and usually access through putty.

Is there a way to check what version I'm running in console?

I've used the update command "wget http://darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind --no-check-certificate"
I'm not sure if I'm "RC5" or not. Everything downloaded and installed fine.

Please advise,

Thanks

Use "darkcoind getinfo" command and look for "version". Should be
{
"version" : 101315,

Use this guide https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-guide-for-complete-noobs-to-update-to-0-10-12-31.1763/
Do not forget to replace 0.10.12.31 by 0.10.13.15 in commands listed there and you should be fine

OK I followed the instructions exactly multiple times with adding the new 10.13.15 but now I get version=90411.

The darkcoind is copied to the root ./darkcoin folder

Is there another folder I should put it in? Maybe some of my other files in the directory are incompatible with the "spork"?

Check my update script:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-update-script.1640/

I have few nodes with Digital Ocean (ubuntu).

No problem upgrading if your setup is Hot/Cold. If Hot setup, delete the wallet manually and let the new darkcoind create a new one for you.

If Hot wallet is used TRANSFER the DRK to another wallet before deleting

With Hot/Cold no need to upgrade wallet to RC5 since it will never hold any DRK.

FYI I was only able to get one wallet updated as per instructions. The one that worked requierd ./darkcoind <command>
The ones that didn't...only required darkcoind <command>

Not sure if that is just a coincidence?

I will create new wallets for each MN and see if that helps.

FYI I was only able to get one wallet updated as per instructions. The one that worked requierd ./darkcoind <command>
The ones that didn't...only required darkcoind <command>

Not sure if that is just a coincidence?

I will create new wallets for each MN and see if that helps.

./darkcoind (to start)
./darkcoind stop (to stop)

darkcoind will not work, you need the "./"

./darkcoind (to start)
./darkcoind stop (to stop)

darkcoind will not work, you need the "./"

Thanks so much it seems I had a brain cramp.

All are working now except one. when I put ./darkcoind I get
-bash: ./darkcoind: Permission denied

If you delete the wallet and let the update script create a new one for you you will need to increase the "sleep" time since the creation of RC5 wallet takes longrer

If you delete the wallet and let the update script create a new one for you you will need to increase the "sleep" time since the creation of RC5 wallet takes longrer

Hi thanks for your help so far.

Can you comment on why I get "bash: ./darkcoind: Permission denied" on one of my MN when I try to start "./darkcoind" ?

Back