• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

unexpected fragmentation (0 bytes read/expected 20

europound

Port Check Next Try 6 minutes 21 seconds
Daemon Version 0.12.2.2 (Protocol=70208)
Daemon Version (Raw) /Dash Core:0.12.2.2/
Port Check Error Message unexpected fragmentation (0 bytes read/expected 20)

Please provide more detail in your posts - where did you see this message? Just reading it, it looks like something ran a port check and expected to receive a response, but in fact did not receive a response. Is the service listening on the port? Firewall? I don't know without more detail on what you are trying to do here.

Hi Strophy,

I've been in the Dash ownership club for a long time, but just very recently deployed a master node. I got the same "Port Check Error Message: unexpected fragmentation (0 bytes read/expected 20)" as europound, so I have the same question. Here are the details:

Please check DASH Ninja, public address: Xt3nE8PTL76G4HrKXrgZ5UvEgqnUmLqfuT under "Masternode Detail Monitoring"

Text: "The Port Checker tries every hour to read the version number by contacting dashd directly. If it fails, it will continue displaying the last version number it was able to fetch (if there is an error message, the version might be wrong). Protocol is from the masternode start command, so the latest version is good."

Port Check Next Try Re-check pending
Daemon Version 0.12.2.3 (Protocol=70208)
Daemon Version (Raw) /Dash Core:0.12.2.3/
Port Check Error Message unexpected fragmentation (0 bytes read/expected 20)

Scheduled next try: Tue Feb 06 2018 11:47:30 AM

I'm not sure of the significance of this error message, as everything else looks good, maybe it will self correct; but, I would appreciate any insight into this potential problem, such as:

Do I have have to take any corrective action? Will this error prevent or delay scheduled payments?

thank you in advance,
Brown Bear,
USA.

Hi Brown Bear,

the error seems to have cleared up since you posted here - Dash Ninja currently shows no error for your node, and it appears you are already around position 3265 / 4468 in the queue. You wouldn't be moving up like this if there was a problem, so I think this error is likely a random fault on the Dash Ninja side. It probably only does one attempt each time a port check is scheduled, and if that fails for some random reason then it will display the error until the next check succeeds. The masternodes check on each other far more regularly and your node seems to be responding normally to those checks or it wouldn't be in the queue. I suggest you don't touch anything until you get paid.

Cheers,
strophy

Hi Strophy,

thanks for your insight. Yes, it did self-resolve and out of the few MN I'm running this "problem" seems to come up and disappear now an again. Hopefully, it's a non-issue.

You do raise an interesting question for me though; I wasn't aware there is a place to view one's position in the payout queue. Would you please send me a link when you get a chance?

thank you,
Brown Bear,
USA.

For now I am using a moobot on the old Slack group. Hopefully this will be ported to a website or the new Discord group soon. You can use what is probably the same code if you run dashman - just type:
Code:
dashman status

Back