• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

ultra-simple-dash-merchant (PHP)

jimbursch

Now I've decided to shitcan ultra-simple-bitcoin-merchant altogether and do a very-simple-dash-invoicing system instead. Should take me about a week to have a working prototype.

Here's a description of how it will work:

To create a very simple Dash invoice:

- mannually enter a Dash address that has never received funds
- optionally enter:
-- issuer(merchant) name
-- customer name/id
-- invoice id (from issuer's accounting system)
-- product name/id
-- amount

When submitted, a url is generated that passes all variables to invoice page (get), including a hash of the invoice to check authenticity.

When a customer views the invoice, the invoice hash is checked for authenticity and the Dash address is queried for received funds. The Dash address is displayed with a QR code and instructions for payment, along with the optional invoice data.

If the Dash address has received funds equal to or greater than the amount of the invoice, the invoice is marked paid.

To check the status of payment, simply reload the invoice page.

"Amount" should probably say ""Amount (DASH)".

Also, if it were me, I would also prefix the QR string with "dash:" because, in theory, that should trigger a wallet action, in the same way "bitcoin:1xxxxx" triggers a bitcoin wallet.

No -- this is a simple invoicing app. There is no interaction with a wallet. It enables you to create an invoice tied to a Dash address and monitors that address for payment received.

If someone used Instant Send, your app would still have to wait for a confirmation, right?

That's a good question and I'm not sure about the answer. The app queries 'getreceivedbyaddress', which I would assume requires at least 1 confirmation, but I could be wrong.

That's a good question and I'm not sure about the answer. The app queries 'getreceivedbyaddress', which I would assume requires at least 1 confirmation, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I suspect you have to wait for a confirmation. I just took a quick glance at the code and can see you're using CryptoID.info. Might of been different if it was talking directly to a node.

Back