• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ugh trapped in Ethereum

Couldnt wait: I just made a random address and pasted the priv key in what you found. I got this:
(...)
Seems legit?

Well, TBH, I have got little experience with eth, and I have never used this specific interface I found. My fluency in coding is not enough for me to take my own conclusions on it, from their open source code on github, but the comments I saw on the reddit seemed fine enough...

If I were you, though, feeling insecure, I'd try to find alternative (safer) solutions on eth specific forums (where help will be plenty, for sure). But, if there's not other way, the risk involving this solution I've found would be better that no solution (i.e. losing the coins anyway) ;)

I just had a 'try before you die' moment and used the site to send the ether to a depositaddress of Poloniex. I worked so far. A tx is tracable.
Then after spamming F5 on poloniex i read on some forum:

"Really? 25 hours?? Well turns out that 6000 confirmations are the confirmations needed for you to have your funds available when you deposit in Kraken or Poloniex...."

So much selling on the top of the bubble. And long live Dash ;)

Good to know it worked!

Regarding Polo, they are requiring 12 confirmations on DASH deposits! Why is that?!

Ok worked! Somewhere overnight i got the ether into Poloniex. Dont know the timespan but definitely not 25 hours.

So hmmmm, what am i gonna do with it. Keep an eye for a massive eth-dash gap i guess. ;)

EDIT: In the Trollbox someone told ether is 500 conformations, about 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, if there's a "stop loss" trade option on Polo you could set it.

Anyway that's been an amazing up trend for eth (I am not selling mine now, because it's such small amount, anyway.... I'll wait to see if, eventually, I'll be able to buy at least 1 Masternode out of my eth profits someday in the future :wink:)

Haha. Well I made a whole 1 btc because I got in at 330k and got out at 660k. Can't stand the pressure of looking at the chart the whole day.

Nice Money doubler in just a couple of days though

Back