• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Trouble migrating from Darkcoin QT - Dash Core not supported by older versions of OSX

confusedcrypto

Hi folks, I am hoping someone can help me out... to provide some context to my question: I bought darkcoin ages ago (mid 2014) and had them stored in my old laptop in the darkcoin QT wallet. I then promptly forgot about it as I bought a new laptop and moved house etc etc long story short, I rebooted my old laptop today and opened the darkcoin QT client and tried to sync and received the message 'no block source available.'

Upon googling, I learn darkcoin has re-branded Dash. No biggie - I close the application and watch some vids on migrating across to the Dash QT and go to try to download Dash QT.

When i click the wallets tab on the Dash website, the only seemingly relevant wallet available for OSX is the Dash Core. when i download and install it, my laptop tells me is not supported by osx v 10.6.8 which I have (as I said, old laptop).

How do I migrate my old wallet.dat file into a new dash wallet if the latest wallet client is not supported by my osx?!!! Can I use the Jaxx or Exodus wallet instead?

Any help you can provide will be most appreciated... thank you so much!

Can I move the wallet.dat from a mac to a newer windows pc? I don't have a newer mac with a more recent version version of our to support dash core... =/ thanks for your help!

Back