• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Transform PR project closure report

come on man
let it go !
it is done and no need to fire up the next fight here !
please

You ask me to provide concrete proof to back my claims in several of your posts and when I actually do that you tell me to shut up? Really?

You ask me to provide concrete proof to back my claims in several of your posts and when I actually do that you tell me to shut up? Really?

relax wood man !
did i say 'shut up' ?
no i did not, i asked you to leat it go 'please'

relax ok
where is all this aggravation coming from

relax wood man !
did i say 'shut up' ?
no i did not, i asked you to leat it go 'please'

relax ok
where is all this aggravation coming from

You seem to be the agitated one not me. :) I'm quite relaxed tyvm.

One more piece of information before I consider the subject closed because obviously no one here is mature enough to be able to carry on a rational conversation on the topic without getting highly emotional.

When Mastercoin paid Micheal Terpin's PR company $6K/mo for three months, it was quite clear the project would burn up everything before doing anything. Terpin claims to have placed one story (in Forbes - not even the real Forbes, but a website which borrows the Forbes name). That kind of waste consumed all Mastercoin funds before they could get a legit platform running.

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558012.msg13702891#msg13702891

I would like to see the list of 20 stories as well. It's difficult to properly evaluate without it.
This is the work you need to do on your own. You can trust the report or not.
I am not going to give a target for trolls and scammers - they have already made enough mess.

InTheWoods
In our case the project went very well. We have defined clear goals and objectives for the agency and they were achieved. What is your point?

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to be the agitated one not me. :) I'm quite relaxed tyvm.

One more piece of information before I consider the subject closed because obviously no one here is mature enough to be able to carry on a rational conversation on the topic without getting highly emotional.

When Mastercoin paid Micheal Terpin's PR company $6K/mo for three months, it was quite clear the project would burn up everything before doing anything. Terpin claims to have placed one story (in Forbes - not even the real Forbes, but a website which borrows the Forbes name). That kind of waste consumed all Mastercoin funds before they could get a legit platform running.

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558012.msg13702891#msg13702891

ok
my last comment to this
sorry mastercoin you seemed doomed already
too bad they had nobody manage Mr Terpin then ! if they waited 3 month to see a result ?
come on, what kind of crazy management style is that
you honestly think we are working like that, obviously not ! :wink:

Ok. Just so I'm clear though. You came here to present a closure report. There are a lot of claims made in that report that you want the community to accept, but you expect us to accept them without a simple list of what was actually done. I suggest you reconsider. This request isn't meant to be a target, it is simply fair.

it has been discuss over and over again
why certain things in PR / Marketing are not public !

Think about it
:wink:

ok
my last comment to this
sorry mastercoin you seemed doomed already
too bad they had nobody manage Mr Terpin then ! if they waited 3 month to see a result ?
come on, what kind of crazy management style is that
you honestly think we are working like that, obviously not ! :wink:

Ok news flash - Mastercoin was run by David Johnston. Google him up. He is Micheal Terpin's Bitangels partner.

Crazy management? Perhaps but the guy is pretty rich and successful by most standards. Guess you can argue he defrauded investors and wasted their money since there was a conflict of interest there of sorts by hiring Terpin but you can't argue he was a stupid guy that didn't know how to run a project. He ran several projects successfully.

it has been discuss over and over again
why certain things in PR / Marketing are not public !

Think about it
This is silly Tungfa.

I understand why certain things in PR / Marketing are not made public before they are released to news outlets. But the simple list i'm talking about are of articles that have already been released.

Ok news flash - Mastercoin was run by David Johnston. Google him up. He is Micheal Terpin's Bitangels partner.

Crazy management? Perhaps but the guy is pretty rich and successful by most standards. Guess you can argue he defrauded investors and wasted their money since there was a conflict of interest there of sorts by hiring Terpin but you can't argue he was a stupid guy that didn't know how to run a project. He ran several projects successfully.

so then why did terpin supposedly got away with only running 1 half story after 3 month !
if that google guy was so good and rich and great manager,
come on, there is something else in the bushes over there

so then why did terpin supposedly got away with only running 1 half story after 3 month !
if that google guy was so good and rich and great manager,
come on, there is something else in the bushes over there

David Johnston has a history of fumbles in crypto. Originally with Mastercoin he promised he would not be selling his position and later reversed his position after so many invested, which upset and burned a lot of people. He is behind Factom now, and eventually had an ICO where coins were sold at 1/5 the cost that they were presold to large investors in the project (I know some venture capitalists who participated in the funding round that occured prior to the ICO). There are red flags surrounding Johnston and his ability to manage an operation. They have nothing to do with how someone he has been associated with runs their PR firm, and it wouldn't be fair to do so simply by association or without evidence.

This is silly Tungfa.

I understand why certain things in PR / Marketing are not made public before they are released to news outlets. But the simple list i'm talking about are of articles that have already been released.

so how many times have companies opened their books on future or past PR campaigns ?
any idea ?

here an Example
(different industry, a bit far fetched):
Merceds CEO
" here are the past Advertisement / PR / Marketing books "

Followers:
" whaaaat, really ? so your car is not faster than a Porsch as you said in the advertisement ?"

Merceds CEO:
" Yes i am sorry to say, it was a paid advertisement, and our cars are actually slower "

then go figure what the Porsch tolls (who hate mercedes) will make out of that !

kot

Who are you calling scammers and trolls? (*scammers? That's a new one by the way). Perhaps some of the core team members should be considered for a temporary ban for insulting the community.

I also find tungfa's behavior to be very much similar to TheDashGuy in the way he carries himself. Strong irrational outbursts all over the place. He just happens to be on the "right" side of the debate.

Ok now I'm annoyed. The idea that you want to give a report about performance then don't include a list is simply unprofessional. I'll take the time to hunt the list down and post it myself.

I think it's important that everybody understand something: kot is a volunteer. He has a day job, he probably has a family and a life outside of work/crypto, and he does what he does here because he wants to. He is paid peanuts (maybe $3 per hour?), has seen an enormous amount of work over the last month go down the drain with the cancellation of this project, and provided a summary as a courtesy to the community.

He is not a full-time, highly compensated professional who makes Dash his only job. He is a volunteer. You want a more professional report? Next time volunteer to help out with the project and write one. Criticizing a volunteer for not working hard enough? Especially when the report he's voluntarily creating is already mooted? That's beyond absurd!

The quality of this "dialogue" makes me glad that 90% of my work is done behind the scenes, and only the Kot, Minotaur, Tungfa, and Evan know what I did. Heavens only knows how much I would be criticized for my shortcomings!

P.S. I propose that the next time we hire an outside contractor/vendor for anything, we make them perform all of their work in front of a webcam. That way there can be no doubt that they held up their end of the deal. Also, if/when we ever hire a PR company again, we should have them insist that anyone who wants to publish their stories MUST have some sort of crytographically verifiable trustless system of registering page views. Seems reasonable, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
InTheWoods
Did I missed anything? Please tell me where exactly did I insult the community or apologize for this insinuation.

This forum is public. How can you assure me that the publicly available information will not be used against this community? I am protecting this community and the project by NOT publishing confidential and sensitive information. Please ask the admin to ban me for that :).

I think it's important that everybody understand something: kot is a volunteer. He has a day job, he probably has a family and a life outside of work/crypto, and he does what he does here because he wants to. He is paid peanuts (maybe $3 per hour?), has seen an enormous amount of work over the last month go down the drain with the cancellation of this project, and provided a summary as a courtesy to the community.

He is not a full-time, highly compensated professional who makes Dash his only job. He is a volunteer. You want a more professional report? Next time volunteer to help out with the project and write one. Criticizing a volunteer for not working hard enough? Especially when the report he's voluntarily creating is already mooted? That's beyond absurd!

The quality of this "dialogue" makes me glad that 90% of my work is done behind the scenes, and only the Kot, Minotaur, Tungfa, and Evan know what I did. Heavens only knows how much I would be criticized for my shortcomings!

P.S. I propose that the next time we hire an outside contractor/vendor for anything, we make them perform all of their work in front of a webcam. That way there can be no doubt that they held up their end of the deal. Also, if/when we ever hire a PR company again, we should have them insist that anyone who wants to publish their stories MUST have some sort of crytographically verifiable trustless system of registering page views. Seems reasonable, right?

Do you think I'm getting paid to interact here with you? Some don't even get the $3/hour and lots of people are motivated enough by having a fat stake in the project. They would probably be willing to work for free anyways. They are not here for the $3/hour.

You were part of this little endeavor and I understand why you may suffer a case of sunk cost fallacy. You are biased so let's just leave it at that. Some people just can't admit they've made mistakes. I guess this is why all the people who were involved get so emotional about this Terpin silliness.

It's very normal he wants to see a list of these articles. Nothing wrong with that.

kot said he won't show the articles because of scammers and trolls, obviously hinting at people who have an issue with choosing Terpin PR, people like myself and others

tungfa said you won't show the articles because of false advertising. Was Dash falsely advertised by Terpin PR? Really? If that's true I rest my case.

Did you hire an agency that does false advertising? Sounds to me like Terpin PR was the con artist here if they did false advertising for the project and if that's the reason you can't show the article list. You do realize that false advertising can be quite damaging and counter productive right?

InTheWoods
Did I missed anything? Please tell me where exactly did I insult the community or apologize for this insinuation.

This forum is public. How can you assure me that the publicly available information will not be used against this community? I am protecting this community and the project by NOT publishing confidential and sensitive information. Please ask the admin to ban me for that :).

Who exactly were you referring to specifically when you've mentioned scammers and trolls? Name some names please.

I am flabbergasted at the the sudden out-speak following the recent drama with (insert-name-here) member. This forum never had this kind of innuendo and bad vibe! Even with heated discussions on occasion, nothing of this sort ever surfaced. I totally do not understand where all this is coming from.

Saying/arguing/exposing the PR campain, or choice of contractor, as not the best - fine - that is one thing. But all I am seeing is using this as excuse for something else, and starting to go round in circles!

Some people wanted specifics which could not be given at the time for obvious reason. The budget was nulled, and kot was gracious enough to expose what work was done. Even still, nit-picking at his every words desperately trying to turn this into something else. Will people not let go of this issue? What is happening here?

To distrust one team member is basically distrusting all.

Back